What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 64 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

A sort-of variant on huevos rancheros tonight. Crispy fried potato and chorizo in a spicy tomato sauce with eggs cracked on top and baked in the oven.

Was really nice. Put balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, oregano and fresh marjoram in the sauce.

The eggs kind-of broke up so would probably fry them next time and put them on top for service.

Uni menu tonight from daughter, a vegan ensemble.

Although input from mother was a tad unwelcome, to such a extent they were wrestling ! Food turned out ok though !

I lied, but not intentionally. Just opened a bottle of Thatchers Katy and a bag of nuts.

The workout will still be there in the morning.
Opening that cider and a bag of nuts requires serious physical effort! You may even have had to walk to the kitchen and back. No need for a work-out...

And if you go for another one or two it’ll count as two or three reps

Leftover bits tonight, followed by cereal. Truly living the high life :LOL:

In my defence, I did make a load of pancakes for lunch using the sourdough starter discard. That's as much cooking as I could be bothered with today!

Love American style pancakes. Preferably with bacon and maple syrup.
Never liked pancakes when my mother made them, they were more like fat crêpes but my young 'un makes American style pancakes with blueberries in the mixture, then blueberries, sliced banana and maple syrup on top. Totally different texture and taste. Very nice they are too.

Chinese tonight at Casa Hither - hot and sour chicken with sesame seeds, salmon with lemon and sweetcorn and ginger fried rice. Need to consider the wine rack for something to drink with!
Sounds good but I've only just come to terms with sweet and sour chicken. I'm sure hot and sour would be too much for my delicate palate.:oops:

Chinese tonight at Casa Hither - hot and sour chicken with sesame seeds, salmon with lemon and sweetcorn and ginger fried rice. Need to consider the wine rack for something to drink with!

That sounded great Hither up until the sweetcorn, which should only be used as a fishing bate IMO. :sorry: