What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 76 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

An old favourite tonight of chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and pesto and wrapped in bacon, served with new potatoes and roast Mediterranean vegetables. Strawberries merengue and cream to follow. With a nice pale ale from the Pheasantry Brewery

An old favourite tonight of chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and pesto and wrapped in bacon, served with new potatoes and roast Mediterranean vegetables. Strawberries merengue and cream to follow. With a nice pale ale from the Pheasantry Brewery
Yep, I like the sound of all of that!

We tried both cauliflower and cabbage steaks and both were a bit of a disaster. What's the secret?
Buy them from the shop :lol: these were from either Lidl or Morrisons, I forget. We did once have cauliflower steaks from Sainsbury's that were nice - largely due to the chimichurri marinade on them, I think. It was a while back so not sure if they do them still, but they were with the fancier veg. They used to do butternut squaffles too - waffles of butternut squash!

Buy them from the shop :lol: these were from either Lidl or Morrisons, I forget. We did once have cauliflower steaks from Sainsbury's that were nice - largely due to the chimichurri marinade on them, I think. It was a while back so not sure if they do them still, but they were with the fancier veg. They used to do butternut squaffles too - waffles of butternut squash!

That's cheating.

Another favourite tonight. Chicken Thai green curry and rice. I know it’s hot but we just fancied it, might just have to get another moretti to cool me down!

Am I right in thinking the green is hotter than the red?

I rather like the yellow.

Am I right in thinking the green is hotter than the red?

I rather like the yellow.
Not sure if it’s hotter, more like different flavour. Have it occasionally but prefer green. Tend to make it using a shop bought paste so you can alter the heat to suit your taste. Not seen the yellow one though. Used up some sugar snap peas tonight with garden peas and mushrooms. Really quick midweek tea

Not sure if it’s hotter, more like different flavour. Have it occasionally but prefer green. Tend to make it using a shop bought paste so you can alter the heat to suit your taste. Not seen the yellow one though. Used up some sugar snap peas tonight with garden peas and mushrooms. Really quick midweek tea

Mae Ploy brand does all variants, yellow is not so ferocious and good with seafood. Their massaman is good too.

Sort-of pizzas on squares of puff pastry for us tonight. Toppings were various quantities of bacon, chorizo, plum tomatoes, artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, Yorkshire blue, red Leicester and Blacksticks blue.