What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 74 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Comfort food today Tesco Buffalo Pizza. Not a great day, had better tbf.

Mrs G won’t be visiting the motherland. Travel plans cancelled - gutted for her. Resurgence of the virus in Belgium has done it. Yes we knew the risks but accepted them to enable her to return home for 5 days something she has not done since December last year.

I think we are all feeling rather down at the moment.

Mrs G won’t be visiting the motherland. Travel plans cancelled - gutted for her. Resurgence of the virus in Belgium has done it. Yes we knew the risks but accepted them to enable her to return home for 5 days something she has not done since December last year.

Sorry to hear about that, tough situation. Hope things improve for your family soon.

I hope things settle down for you before to long and it can be planned again very soon

Chicken Kiev tonight with oven roast potatoes, salad and slaw.
bottle of Adnams ghost ship and a proper job to help it down.
strawberries merengue and cream to follow

We had a BBQ tonight. Bacon chops, Lincolnshire sausages and chilli and cheese sausages for me, halloumi slices, salmon and plaice for the lady, plus a salad we made.

Last night another simple variation on the theme of jacket potatoes. Instead of cheese, pickle and lettuce/tomato, Mrs S made a "salad" of red onion, red kidney beans and runner beans (from garden), and a bake of tinned tomatoes and courgettes (from the garden). Thought we;d be finishing the pud, but she didn;t want any so one left for me tonight - may have with custard?

I've just eaten a bbq'd field mushroom, burger with bacon and cheese, mixed salad, a boiled egg, 2 x chicken pittas with tzatziki, olives and boiled potatoes in butter and herbs.
With a massive slice of key lime pie for dessert.
Going to need a rest before supper.

Fired up the bbq tonight. Chicken thighs, Cumberland sausage, chorizo inspired sausage and beef burgers with new potatoes salad and coleslaw. Same again for tomorrow

Mrs C went on a baking binge for forthcoming tules-compliant family weekend, so I had the oven.

Chilli shepherd's pie (Notty's? Cant be bothered to go back through the pages) seemed an idea and worked out great, assembled from several different recipes including some home made adobo sauce, that's a find!

This thread is a great source (no pun intended) of ideas.

I woke up to the smell of slow roast brisket of beef, cooked in guiness, red wine mushrooms and a touch of horseradish.

To be rested, then served at lunch with homemade yorkshire puds, roasties, roast carrot and leek, steamed brocolli, and garden grown green beans. The cooking stock will be reduced and thickened to make a deep rich gravy.

Profiteroles for pud, then a nap on the sofa this afternoon

I woke up to the smell of slow roast brisket of beef, cooked in guiness, red wine mushrooms and a touch of horseradish.

To be rested, then served at lunch with homemade yorkshire puds, roasties, roast carrot and leek, steamed brocolli, and garden grown green beans. The cooking stock will be reduced and thickened to make a deep rich gravy.

That sounds to me like a perfect Sunday

Yep, you've won Sunday lunch. Enjoy!

Horseradisho_O Even the name sounds weird.

The rest of it sound great kickingimp.👍

A spoon of horseradish into the slowcooker just adds a peppery warmth and depth of flavour rather than the full on heat you get when add it straight onto beef. I suppose i could try mustard for a similar affect or even a dash of cayenne pepper