What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 77 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Wednesday, so egg and chips, then plum crumble

Stokey, do you have the same meal every week on each specific day of the week? That's very old-school if you do. I remember as a kid we pretty much had a similar sort of arrangement, although it varied to some extent.

Stokey, do you have the same meal every week on each specific day of the week? That's very old-school if you do. I remember as a kid we pretty much had a similar sort of arrangement, although it varied to some extent.

Yes, to a limited extent. Do vary it a bit, but Wednesday is a "stake in the ground". Pre lockdown it was also an evening my wife went out for a semi social/semi work evening, and I could listen to my jazz CDs and/or watch old DVDs like Hill Street Blues, neither of which she would want to do. But we still keep up the meal tradition

Cheat night tonight. Fish butty with mushy peas and a few chips. Turned a cheat night into an absolute fraud night with peanut m&m's and After Eight type mints when we got home. Will have to eat some fruit to counteract all the chocolate.

Dirty pizza night tonight. Double pepperoni with extras of mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.....so bad but so good. Another birra moretti ( got a job lot from the coop, 25 for £25)

Halved roasted butternut squash with a honey, lemon and Za'atar marinade served with crumbled feta and crispy kale.

My own recipe, so hopefully works.
No idea what Za'atar is but the rest of it sounds good.
Love baked feta parcels with a few strips of red onion, bell peppers, herbs and olive oil.

Seem to have cooked a chicken balti, pilau rice followed by cheesecake for 4 and not poisoned anyone, even my wife's impressed!

This za'atar sounds fascinating, is there anything better than mixing about with herbs and spices. Now have a large tub of smoked paprika to play with.

Cauliflower burgers for us tonight, with butternut squash and cabbage.

Pardon my ignorance , but do you grill or fry the cauliflower burgers , and how thick do you slice them ? I've seen them mentioned on cooking programs and would like to give them a go

Pardon my ignorance , but do you grill or fry the cauliflower burgers , and how thick do you slice them ? I've seen them mentioned on cooking programs and would like to give them a go
These were bought, breadcrumbed ones but if you're doing your own with a head of cauliflower I would cut them into inch-thick slices then probably brush with oil and seasoning and grill or bake them on a tray in the oven 👍 the ones I've had were covered in chimichurri marinade and it worked really well.

These were bought, breadcrumbed ones but if you're doing your own with a head of cauliflower I would cut them into inch-thick slices then probably brush with oil and seasoning and grill or bake them on a tray in the oven 👍 the ones I've had were covered in chimichurri marinade and it worked really well.

cheers Rob . i'll give them a whirl . sounds delish.