What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 75 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

BBQ again as last night but had it with Hasselback new potatoes ( no me neither) these were shop bought but will prepare them ourselves next time. So basically the new potatoes are boiled and then sliced halfway through into thin fan like slices coated with paprika and baked in the oven, then just before serving drizzle them with aioli.....really tasty
strawberries, merengue and cream to follow

A spoon of horseradish into the slowcooker just adds a peppery warmth and depth of flavour rather than the full on heat you get when add it straight onto beef. I suppose i could try mustard for a similar affect or even a dash of cayenne pepper
I've used mustard in that way in the past, and it does make a huge difference. Must try horseradish.

Bit of a family get together today. I made my 3rd sourdough loaf which came out pretty well, which we cut into chunks to have with olive, fig etc tapenade, a salmon and cream cheese dip, plus two of my chutneys (classic apple, tomato and onion [great gran's recipe] and banana and ginger) for starters. Then steamed salmon with a little garlic and homemade potato salad and leafy salad with pear for main. A massive walk followed to make room for/earn pudding, which was the white chocolate and raspberry layer cake I made yesterday. Then just now I've had strawberries and cream, because the strawberries needed using, honest.

Oh and we had a few drinks to help it go down too, including 19 Crimes chard (Chardonnay) and a few bottles of Tynt Meadow from the monks who live nearby.

Bit of a family get together today. I made my 3rd sourdough loaf which came out pretty well, which we cut into chunks to have with olive, fig etc tapenade, a salmon and cream cheese dip, plus two of my chutneys (classic apple, tomato and onion [great gran's recipe] and banana and ginger) for starters. Then steamed salmon with a little garlic and homemade potato salad and leafy salad with pear for main. A massive walk followed to make room for/earn pudding, which was the white chocolate and raspberry layer cake I made yesterday. Then just now I've had strawberries and cream, because the strawberries needed using, honest.

Hope the tapenade went down well. It's quite unusual, being sweet.

If you keep serving meals like that you'll have to be careful. I may suddenly turn up in your garden. And you don't want that. Ask Westbanker.

Hope the tapenade went down well. It's quite unusual, being sweet.

If you keep serving meals like that you'll have to be careful. I may suddenly turn up in your garden. And you don't want that. Ask Westbanker.
It certainly did, thanks for the recipe. It's sweeter than I anticipated but very tasty. I will definitely be making it again!

Haha, I feel I might have to probe for more details on this!

Is that the ale that’s 7.4% Rob? Couldn’t manage many of those :eek: Just googled it and those flavours look tasty.
It is indeed, I bought them a while back with the intention of trying them with family when we could - I mistakenly thought it was 4.7%...oops. I transposed the numbers! I should clarify to say my dad, my brother and I had one bottle each, else we never would have been able to go for a walk after/they wouldn't have been able to drive home! It is nice though. Worth a try if you like a strong, brown beer in the Trappist style.

Last edited: