What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 48 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Going exotic tonight.
Rice - because we've run out of potatoes; with bassa fillets with lemon & garlic, garden peas and sugar snap peas.
Fruit for dessert. Really trying to ditch my one and only vice - chocolate.
Basa is a much underappreciated fish in my humble opinion. Very tasty and useful in my experience. Sounds a good dinner! Sorry, tea?

Chicken breasts tonight with the lemon and herb Nando’s flavouring cooked in a bag served with new potatoes and salad

salad was tomato,cucumber and mozzarella with basil and spring onion drizzled with balsamic and olive oil. A stuffed mushroom, slaw, and buttered new potatoes with mint and parsley. Really tasty even though we did cheat a bit with the flavourings

Attachments

• 606B9122-D246-4416-B745-C6F31C7D7ABA.jpeg
    606B9122-D246-4416-B745-C6F31C7D7ABA.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 8
Proper Lincolnshire theme going on!
In truth I’ve always been a bit confused over dinners, teas, lunches, suppers etc. I suppose if you stay in a hotel there’s often a dinner bed and breakfast rate and not a tea bed and breakfast one, unless it’s an afternoon tea. :unsure:

In truth I’ve always been a bit confused over dinners, teas, lunches, suppers etc. I suppose if you stay in a hotel there’s often a dinner bed and breakfast rate and not a tea bed and breakfast one, unless it’s an afternoon tea. :unsure:
True, I have found it the same way. A friend of mine from growing up in our Lincolnshire village always used to have 'tea' at 4.30/5pm when we were young, and I was never sure if that was their final meal of the day or if they would have 'dinner' later too!

Basa is a much underappreciated fish in my humble opinion. Very tasty and useful in my experience. Sounds a good dinner! Sorry, tea?
Not as tasty as sea bass but that's why it's cheaper.
It's nice cooked with garlic though.
Yes, tea-time was good tonight, again. But I can hear that chocolate in the fridge calling my name.:dev:

salad was tomato,cucumber and mozzarella with basil and spring onion drizzled with balsamic and olive oil. A stuffed mushroom, slaw, and buttered new potatoes with mint and parsley. Really tasty even though we did cheat a bit with the flavourings

A feast!

True, I have found it the same way. A friend of mine from growing up in our Lincolnshire village always used to have 'tea' at 4.30/5pm when we were young, and I was never sure if that was their final meal of the day or if they would have 'dinner' later too!

At some point in the past I suppose the main meal of the day changed from lunch/dinner time to be in the evening but the wording stuck. It always used to be school dinners with dinner ladies and you had your tea when you got home where as now most people have a snack in the middle of the day and have their main dinner at tea time. Anyway I’d better go and wash up my lunch box from dinner time now I’ve eaten my tea or it’ll be supper time before I’ve done it. I don’t want to be packing myself up in the morning before breakfast :unsure:

Simple one for me last night because I couldn't be arsed; diced bacon, potato and cabbage fried in a pan with some chilli flakes to pep it up a bit. Some very nice Greek yogurt with honey sourced from Lidl afterwards.

One of our favs tonight.....chicken breast stuffed with pesto and mozzarella, wrapped in bacon, served with minted new potatoes, slaw and dressed salad

Attachments

• EBC56FAF-2F64-41D8-832B-309F2BF90187.jpeg
    EBC56FAF-2F64-41D8-832B-309F2BF90187.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 2
Mrs S made a big veg and bean chilli, so had some tonight, and rest portioned in freezer

She also made a pineapple upside down pudding, which we had with custard. Enough left for another night or two

Nothing wrong with fish fingers and chips Rob. Just missing the mushy peas. Carrot and cabbage good for you though
True. We had American style pancakes (plus I had bacon) for brunch, so definitely needed some veg tonight! Won't be getting my five portions today but I am having some lovely deglet nour dates for pud. I assume they count as one portion!