What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 50 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Are they better 'overnight'? (I have no idea what that means other than I'm assuming they sit in/absorb something)
Not better just different. You eat them cold. It means I don't have to cook them at work.
100g steel rolled oats
100g Fage (Greek yogurt)
200g milk
Stir together in a container and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight)
Add fruit the following morning and enjoy. I add frozen berries.
You don't need such a large quantity but I'm greedy.

Last edited:
Not better just different. You eat them cold. It means I don't have to cook them at work.
100g steel rolled oats
100g Fage (Greek yogurt)
200g milk
Stir together in a container and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight)
Add fruit the following morning and enjoy. I add frozen berries.
You don't need such a large quantity but I'm greedy.
Fair play, sounds healthy and tasty!

A busy week in the kitchen at Casa Hither:
chicken, mushroom and leek pie in cider, herb and mascarpone sauce, puff pastry top with mash and veg
pan-fried salmon with new spuds and oven roasted carrots and fennel with harissa and orange.

Tandoori chicken with veg madras and spinach dhal tonight!

Son in Manchester moved house yesterday. Went up today to see them/house. Mrs S made a cottage pie (and a veg for me), and a Baileys cheesecake for pud to take with us. We had pizza for tea when we got home

The "two hop" from the local brewery is bloody good

Son in Manchester moved house yesterday. Went up today to see them/house. Mrs S made a cottage pie (and a veg for me), and a Baileys cheesecake for pud to take with us. We had pizza for tea when we got home

The "two hop" from the local brewery is bloody good
Baileys cheesecake sounds amazing!

I'm not 100% sure what we had tonight, but it seemed to be spiralised courgette as noodles with a topping of fake shredded chicken, onion, peppers, some sort of herbs and cream cheese. Also I slapped a steak on top as we cooked two last night :LOL:

A busy week in the kitchen at Casa Hither:
chicken, mushroom and leek pie in cider, herb and mascarpone sauce, puff pastry top with mash and veg
pan-fried salmon with new spuds and oven roasted carrots and fennel with harissa and orange.

Tandoori chicken with veg madras and spinach dhal tonight!
Sounds very good. I'd like that. The pie not the tandoori though.

Chicken tray bake again tonight, but Mrs Riiiiik forgot to add the potatoes, so we added rice after cooking it. Still very nice.

Baileys cheesecake sounds amazing!

Certainly a popular choice of the family - more Baileys than the recipe suggests!

Mrs S has also in the past made Limoncello cheesecake, but even with more than the recipe suggests, she doesn't consider the flavour can be tasted

I'm not 100% sure what we had tonight, but it seemed to be spiralised courgette as noodles with a topping of fake shredded chicken, onion, peppers, some sort of herbs and cream cheese. Also I slapped a steak on top as we cooked two last night :LOL:

Didn’t you ask the chef Rob?

Usual Sunday "left over feast" for breakfast

Home made mushroom soup for dinner

Restaurant take away still operating, so for tea Mrs S had chicken with pork and sage stuffing, and I had roasted vegetable wellington with applewood smoked cheese sauce. Both had elderflower and raspberry cheesecake for pud. Mrs S drank rose, and I finished the " 2 hop" real ale from the local brewery