What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 47 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Mrs CI usuallly does an big curry/chilli or similar for the working week, we mix it up with different veg each night for variety.

Having escaped to Lincoln at the weekend and me currently the non working member of the household, it fell to me to fill the big pot today, the resultant chicken curry turned out fine and unlike the wife's efforts I seem to have left the kitchen smelling like a curry house, we both think that's a bonus!

Coop super saver special tonight.....2 pizzas and 4 pack of 300ml bud for £5. Double pepperoni for me, margarita for Mrs E. added olives and prosciutto made it really tasty and really good value. Might need to get the bike out again though!

Tonight it's been salmon for Mrs S, pasta with tomato and lentil sauce for me. We then had strawberry and custard tarts which Mrs S made this afternoon - yummy; another couple each for tomorrow's tea

Dinner tonight is a mix of Quorn pieces, onion, mushroom, and plum tomatoes cooked in garlic oil, with roasted butternut squash and beetroot.
Oh and the Mrs insisted on adding gravy to the roasted veg too :LOL: ....which to be fair did make the whole thing a bit more interesting!

Home made tomato soup tonight, surprisingly quite a lot of ingredients (veg) and effort from Mrs G. It is a regular on the menu in the summer. Winter soups are Bruine bonensoep (Brown Beans) and Erwtensoep (Pea) nice n thick and warming, again, quite a number of vegetables as well as the key ingredient.

Going exotic tonight.
Rice - because we've run out of potatoes; with basa fillets with lemon & garlic, garden peas and sugar snap peas.
Fruit for dessert. Really trying to ditch my one and only vice - chocolate.

Last edited:
Going exotic tonight.
Rice - because we've run out of potatoes; with bassa fillets with lemon & garlic, garden peas and sugar snap peas.
Fruit for dessert. Really trying to ditch my one and only vice - chocolate.
Sounds good Riiiik.....enjoy