What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 168 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Me too! Never had them but Mrs N. has and she says they're very nice. We're ordering the mix today to give it a try.

Great stuff. Everyone seems to have their own favourite way of doing them, and it's worth experimenting, but most simple is to grate cheese onto the oatcakes, roll them, and stick them in the microwave for a minute or two (to melt cheese). My Mancunian Granddaughters love em like that with tomato ketchup - whenever they come here/we go there, we have to take a couple of packs with us!!

Great stuff. Everyone seems to have their own favourite way of doing them, and it's worth experimenting, but most simple is to grate cheese onto the oatcakes, roll them, and stick them in the microwave for a minute or two (to melt cheese). My Mancunian Granddaughters love em like that with tomato ketchup - whenever they come here/we go there, we have to take a couple of packs with us!!

I guess you can have them sweet/savoury?

I guess you can have them sweet/savoury?

Yes, I haven't done, but their website shows examples. I have had pikelets/fruit pikelets with jam (Staffs pikelets are small and flat, rather than those we had as children, which now seem to be called crumpets)

Yes, I haven't done, but their website shows examples. I have had pikelets/fruit pikelets with jam (Staffs pikelets are small and flat, rather than those we had as children, which now seem to be called crumpets)

Which is wrong! They are pikelets! Crumpets are flatter without the distinctive holes.

We used to call the thicker ones pikelets growing up but they seem to be called crumpets now and the pikelets are the thinner ones which I actually prefer, sometimes with just butter or with added crunchy peanut butter

Tonight's dinner for us is a Brazilian prawn stew thing I made a while back and froze some of (prawns, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, lime juice etc) with rice and black beans, plus mushroom and spring onion cooked in butter and a spice mix - equal parts Japanese 7 spice, Thai 7 spice and smoky Cajun.

Tonight's dinner for us is a Brazilian prawn stew thing I made a while back and froze some of (prawns, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, lime juice etc) with rice and black beans, plus mushroom and spring onion cooked in butter and a spice mix - equal parts Japanese 7 spice, Thai 7 spice and smoky Cajun.

That is a wild mash-up of flavours!

Just read that and my mouth actually watered. Sounds really tasty