What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 159 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Oh, nice! Have you started grinding your own spices yet?*

*This is not a euphemism.
I haven't, but I must try it. This was using one of those jars of sauce that also comes with spices in the cap. One day I'll remember to buy the appropriate spices and have a proper bash at it!

Sounds good - especially as a regular fixture! I need to learn how to make it myself.

This is what we do, it’s a fairly quick method gleaned from one of those tv cookery programmes about twenty years ago:
pork fillet (cut into medallions)
1-onion ( finely chopped)
1-2 cloves of garlic ( finely chopped)
4oz- button mushrooms ( sliced)
1 tablespoon- Worcester sauce
1 tablespoon- Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon- paprika
1 splash- brandy
1/4 pint- thick Greek yogurt ( or sour cream)
1 teaspoon- chopped thyme leaves ( dry ok too)
salt/ pepper

fry pork until brown and then drain and remove from pan, fry onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, Worcester sauce, mustard and paprika
return pork to pan and add brandy ( can flambé if you fancy be we normally don’t ) season to taste and add yogurt, heat through and serve
Takes about 15 minutes actual cooking tops. Would work with beef fillet too but a bit pricey

This is what we do, it’s a fairly quick method gleaned from one of those tv cookery programmes about twenty years ago:
pork fillet (cut into medallions)
1-onion ( finely chopped)
1-2 cloves of garlic ( finely chopped)
4oz- button mushrooms ( sliced)
1 tablespoon- Worcester sauce
1 tablespoon- Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon- paprika
1 splash- brandy
1/4 pint- thick Greek yogurt ( or sour cream)
1 teaspoon- chopped thyme leaves ( dry ok too)
salt/ pepper

fry pork until brown and then drain and remove from pan, fry onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, Worcester sauce, mustard and paprika
return pork to pan and add brandy ( can flambé if you fancy be we normally don’t ) season to taste and add yogurt, heat through and serve
Takes about 15 minutes actual cooking tops. Would work with beef fillet too but a bit pricey
Brilliant, thanks for this! I'll give it a go soon.

Lamb shanks went well, cooked with root veg and leeks in a delicious sauce made with a lamb stock cube, red wine and red currant jelly. Served with roast potatoes, roast parsnips and a two brassica cheese again. Remainder of red wine seems to have gone too!