We All Pay Your Benefits | Page 2 | Vital Football

We All Pay Your Benefits

kefkat - 12/7/2013 23:33

Child Benefit has been means tested JF. It happened from this April just gone

Not fairly or properly, but yes, at last, some signs of means testing.

I don't understand child benefit I'm afraid. I think as a single person with no children I should get a benefit for keeping the population down in that case.

It should certainly be limited to the 1st or maybe 2nd child and it should be only for those that are on or near the breadline.

Same as heating allowance. Madness to pay rich people this. Total madness.

AGREED JamTomorrow, good points. I was thinking five so they had time also for interviews etc but ok, shall we settle on 10 !!!?

Child benefit should be scrapped full stop, it sends out the wrong message. I think we should means test all those seeking any benefit in the way tax credits forms are filled in. Also less money should be given out and a benefit style debit card issued, where it can be used in certain shops(which the government could do deals with) to buy certain items - groceries, baby clothes, school wear...etc but NOT fags, cider, wines, beers and spirits. Anyone found selling goods on the black market would have an automatic drop in their credit on the card, or have it confiscated.

i watched the program and to be honest quite shocked, first at ms fatty who took exception about what to buy at the supermarket, who then admitted to going out once a week and providing a home for half of the wild life in britain.

felt a bit sorry for the bloke with 3 kids, not because hes a single bloke but ... he was a bit simple and made fear look like Einstein with a bad hair day. he had no get up and go plus something has to be wrong if only done 4 weeks of work in 20 years!! where was the mothers of the 3 children? why keep having kids if your not working?

the kid with the iphone, having an iphone just summed him up and when he said he would not wear a supermarket branded trainers or clothes, would of slapped the ungrateful twat, even worse because hes got a media degree, he thinks its beneath him to work in a shop (again another slap!!) would understand slightly if the degree was in law or medicine ... but media ffs!!

and the other couple having food parcels? again owning animals and lets be honest they were a bit on the porky side, sorry if i was delivering food parcels i would say your to fat and walk away back to the van .... those having food parcels should be weighed first!!

why keep having kids if your not working?
----

Because its very financially rewarding.

Benefit fraud is small change compared to to the tax that international companies (and some individuals) don't pay. Programs like this (TBH i havent seen it) are made to make you angry at the wrong people.

I tell you what I wish I knew the secret to an easy life on benefits because in my own personal experience it's total shit.I worked from the age of 16 up until I was 48 when I had a really bad accident at work i'm very lucky to be here now but I ended up with a mangled leg.So basically that was the end of my working life because I was a tarmacer and there's no way I can do that again.Now i have always been on good money 50k a year when i got finished so obviously i have paid a lot into the system over the years.But since i have been finished i have been hung out to dry what i receive in bebefits does not cover my monthly bills so i have ended up spending all my savings.They told me i would have to retrain so i said to do what and they said call centre work stuff like which obviously would be minimum wage and i basically turned round said you put me in a call centre and i will guarantee you the first time a snotty 20 year old kid who was supposed my gaffer talks down to me you will be responsible for that poor fuckers murder and she said well it's only a suggestion there's other jobs i just said suggestions like that are of no use to me.Then i get a letter for a back to work interview so i went along and the woman who was conducting the interview said what are you doing looking for work i said nothing she said why not so i showed her me leg and the poor fucker nearly feinted that was it end of interview.But what i'm trying to say is i would go back to work tomorrow if i could but just because your on benefits don't mean your not a lazy bastard because there is genuine people out there who the system is actually failing.

It wasn't really quite that badly angled Lost_In_Ca, but totally agree with / understand what you are saying.

That is why, as above, I made it clear they had put the point that out of 200b 'only' 10% is dole etc. And as you say, the % of fraud within that is low.

This wasn't really looking at fraud, they were all allowed what they were getting, it was more should they be getting more than those out working.

Surely in any society a safety net has to be just that, something to prop them up whilst down (as said, I've had it) but not to support them, to a relatively ok level for life?

It isn't there to support a lifestyle for those who just want to sit with their dogs, cats, lizards and kids all day watching tv.

International companies/tax. It is an issue, they should be looking at it, but on the flipside they employ a lot of people, create the jobs and that raises tax also. There is a slight (but as said it does need looking at) flipside as there is with many doo dahs

Difference though Gator, you WANT to work, you worked hard, you had a decent standard of living and a good salary because you were willing to put in the long hours/hard graft.

Some of these people don't want to work, so the country pays them not to.

Big big difference in my humble.

Yes, agreed Badge, he was a bit 'simple' (not mentally, just outlook wise) but that is also where the country could and should be able to help get that sort into gainful employment. Must be plenty of jobs that he would be more than capable of.

And a few of them, for the fact they were on the dole, certainly looked like they got enough calories! To take food parcels whilst 'supporting' all sorts of animals seems a bit .....

That said, if they had the animals BEFORE going on the dole (don't think that was the case with these examples) then obviously no way would/should they have to get rid!

Yeah your right J there is a big difference but there aint no difference to the powers that be in fact there is a difference the fuckers who have never worked get treated better.

I think there is a lot of frustration from "those in the middle" who see the abuse of power from too many of those at the so-called top whilst at the same time having to pick up the tab for those for whom living on benefits has become a lifestyle choice.

BBJ - 13/7/2013 10:57

I think there is a lot of frustration from "those in the middle" who see the abuse of power from too many of those at the so-called top whilst at the same time having to pick up the tab for those for whom living on benefits has become a lifestyle choice.
Yep a lot of frustration in me

Lost_In_Ca - 13/7/2013 19:29

Benefit fraud is small change compared to to the tax that international companies (and some individuals) don't pay. Programs like this (TBH i havent seen it) are made to make you angry at the wrong people.

Divide and conquer. I was on JSA after I graduated and it was shite. I got £40 a week and had to keep jumping through hoops to get it. I was applying for every job out there but couldn't afford to go for the interviews. It was a fiasco.

I've never met anyone who had an easy life on benefits. I guess the researchers have to work very hard to find these cases.

Many benefits are taxable and means tested. All the means testing does is prevent those who have worked hard or partner still does claiming an out of work benefit if they unfortunately fall on hard times

They should cut all the blubber off and make soap out of it and give it to the poor

In some ways you cant blame the people as its the system that lets them do it... Guess what if someone can find out all the loopholes to live a comfortable life doing nothing they will do it...

I dont know which is worse Ireland or England both of us pay stupid money to people who dont need it... To be honest Im more concerned about the fact we still employ the bankers who scammed us but this type of thing is part of the reason we're in such a bad position...

Il give you my story I finished college last year and was top of my class but Im in Construction and that industry is on its knees in Ireland... I picked up the dole from September last year to March this year I was getting 110e a week pretty ridiculous... I took up an internship in March which means Im still getting the dole but Im not on the register anymore and Fás give me an extra 50e per week so I get 160e from Government agencies to work for a shit bag company 50 hours per week to gain more experience... Whats funny is I turn 24 at the end of the month and Il get a 'payrise' meaning Im entitled to more money... Our system is a joke in the good times people were getting 200e per week to do nothing... I think thats fair enough if you've recently lost your job but anyone to get it after making no contribution is fucking ridiculous...

Anyway let me tell you how people exploit the system... ME and my mate were joking about it cause we use to play football with a guy who is exploiting the fuck out of the system...
He left school and signed on straight away he is still getting the original 200e per week because he's never been off the dole... He and his new girlfriend were trying for a baby after 3 months together shes now preggers they're getting a house and will get more money from the dole...
We joked that thats how you get a payrise... He'll get more dole money, rent allowance, heating allowance and all this other shit... He will live a reasonably comfortable existence doing fucking nothing because no job he could realistically attain will give him these benefits...

Yup. That is it in a nutshell. You should be able to live and survive on benefits but you should not, ever, be better off on them than you would be at work.

How is there an incentive to work if you make more doing nothing?