vs ICT | Page 4 | Vital Football

vs ICT

Ambrose should play when:

1) We have a rash of injuries and no other option

2) We're on 60 minutes with a minimum three-goal lead and need to rest someone who has been logging a lot of game time.

welch47 - 13/4/2015 16:24

Ambrose should play when:

1) We have a rash of injuries and no other option

2) We're on 60 minutes with a minimum three-goal lead and need to rest someone who has been logging a lot of game time.

AGREE! Why play Ambrose when he doesn't fit the system you want to use? Deila wants attacking fullbacks, lots of energy....Fisher is surely the clear option if Matthews and Lustig are both out. Fisher had to play a couple of seasons ago and he was very consistent!

Fisher is pretty good. He's not spectacular but I don't think I've ever seen him put in a bad game. Decent pace, decent crosses. He's better than Ambrose. Efe has gotten better under Deila but he's still mistake prone.

I don't blame the game on him. No one, not even Brown, was really looking up for it. Tp be fair, the Highlands have always been a tough place to play. They have always played well against better teams and then drop points to bottom-table dwellers. Solid club, though.

I don't blame any one particular player either.....it was just a poor all round performance from everyone.

FINAL game of the season on Sunday and we are at home to receive the league trophy and play against Inverness.

It will be interesting to see how many changes Deila makes for this game and also whether any of the talented young players that won the Scottish Youth Cup against Rangers on Thursday night get a chance.

Here's the highlights of that 5-2 win:

[youtube=G_ns3ArFieQ]

It sounds like we're unlikely to see Michael Duffy play. I read recently that Stevie Frail and the other coaches etc are treating him just like any of the other Development Squad, not a fringe player who just needs game time. They are still working on his best position and trying to get him to be more ruthless in front of goal. He apparently needs to do a bit of work on his shooting (especially with his left foot apparently).

Aiden Nesbitt scored a hat-trick against Rangers in the Youth Cup Final and he has appeared for the senior team already in friendlies so it would be nice to see him given a chance to run at ICT, however Nesbitt is on the small side and playing against what can be a VERY physical Inverness team may not be the best thing for him!
O'Connell made a return from injury in that cup final game as well, he's been out for some time with a hernia that needed to be operated on. Callum Waters played LB while Kieren Tierney playe LW, either of them could be brought into the first team to replace Izzy.

At CB, I think VVD will be back but I think Mulgrew will also play now that he has returned from injury.

Personally I think Deila should go with something like:

Fasan
Fisher - VVD - Mulgrew - Waters/Tierney
Brown - Bitton
GMS - Johansen - Armstrong
Griffiths

Subs: Gordon, Scepovic, Tierney/Waters, O'Connell, Matthews, Forrest, Nesbitt

What happens with Sceppo next year? Do we sell him? Try to get him going in summer friendlier?

Watching Hibs-Huns. It's clear the refs want the Huns to advance. But Hibs did not distinguish themselves. It's really poor football all around, actually.

Good day, gents. It's a veteran lineup except for Sceppo up top.
Matthews----Denayer----Virgil---Izzy
-----Brown---Bitton
Forrest---GMS----Armstrong
----Sceppo-----

And Johanson with a brilliant set piece, headed to the ground by Virgil and tapped on by Bitton. 1-0!

BOOM! Commons from the D with a bullet into back of the net. Exclamation point on a Championship season!

was at the game. brilliant day. also the csa rally Friday was amazing got my photo with European cup and met big billy

Latest Celtic News