VAR | Page 16 | Vital Football

VAR

I wish it was a Chelsea equaliser that was chalked off to cause maximum bad press for this discredited heap of shit system.

Mutt man, it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake, until they showed it in slow-mo nobody saw it not a single person.

Clear and obvious is surely when 30,000 people spot it but the ref doesn't and this is the bit they are getting wrong every single game

Mutt man, it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake, until they showed it in slow-mo nobody saw it not a single person.

Clear and obvious is surely when 30,000 people spot it but the ref doesn't and this is the bit they are getting wrong every single game
There was nothing clear or obvious in the decision to chalk off our goal against Burnley for a foul on the keeper. Even the keeper who are the biggest bunch of moaners in the game didnt complain but they still chalked it off.

I thought yesterday it had it's best day as far as correct decisions made but yes I agree it ruins the football experience for fans.
Yesterday should have been probably the best moment in Tyrone Mings' career but was ruined by the wait to see if his goal stood.

VAR is making a mockery of the offside law. In continental countries they use the "clear daylight rule" over here Jacks studs get a goal ruled out.
In the Liverpool game we were very lucky to come off half time at 1-0 after millimeters were used to rule out their equaliser even though the cameras used arent quick enough to capture that accuracy.
I am even handed in my criticism, not just claret n blue eyes, I dont like it.

I checked the score in the Southampton game earlier and it was 0-2. Now it's 0-1. I've never seen that happen before. Who knows what's going on in football any more?

Refs hate being caught out because they're under pressure the whole time, they have to take unpopular decisions and they get a lot of abuse for it, so anything which appears to diminish their authority they react against. E.g. Friend refusing to admit he was wrong in booking Grealish for diving.

However, I think the lineside monitor could work in their favour. Admit they have to take borderline decisions and also can make mistakes. Then the monitor gives them chance to reconsider.

It seems to me that the decision is made first and then VAR is used to justify that decision. It takes 5 minutes because they are trying to find an excuse to justify the original decision.

The Pukki goal which I’m sure was mentioned in here yesterday was a joke decision. A class goal, which is disallowed by a limb which can’t touch the ball being classed as offside, and all that done on what looks like Microsoft paint with some dodgy lines.

I watch sky sports and they have 4D screenshots where they can turn the cameras to any angle yet VAR technology is years behind this.

I get with VAR we can’t have subjective decisions, but the law needs to be changed to being a part of the body that can affect the game or something because finger nails are being given as offside.

As I’ve said before, VAR should only be used if the referee wants clarification of an offside or infringement. Otherwise the decision on the pitch stands. Every liverpool goal conceded is being checked for something, and in football there will always be something that can be deemed a foul or infringement.

I've done loads of measuring over the years at work and I'd love to know who or how gets the exact frame or millisecond that ball moves forwards, that is the difference between someone's hand being offside or not even in the picture.

As nobody has eyes or a brain this accurate how can things have been a clear and obvious mistake