VAR | Page 17 | Vital Football

VAR

Souness had a decent suggestion. He said if any part of the body is onside then the goal should stand.

That’s a decent idea, plus it means there will be a good 30-40 goals more per season at least, which helps from an entertainment perspective.

It would bring back the striker who plays on the shoulder, maybe Wesley can prove to me he’s a good player because that’s his game according to the Belgian league experts

That’s a decent idea, plus it means there will be a good 30-40 goals more per season at least, which helps from an entertainment perspective.

It would bring back the striker who plays on the shoulder, maybe Wesley can prove to me he’s a good player because that’s his game according to the Belgian league experts

Yes that was the main thrust of his idea. Said it's an entertainment business , they should be looking at ways to give goals , not disallow them.

I cant understand why the referees arent pushing for VAR to be dropped or altered in its use in some way because they are being made to look even more bloody useless than they were before.

Souness had a decent suggestion. He said if any part of the body is onside then the goal should stand.

Agree. If any part of the ball is touching/overlapping the line it’s not a goal, same when they take a corner the ball only has to be touching the line. We’re not robots and when someone’s arm is ‘offside’ it’s just utterly ridiculous and unrealistic, it’s the natural movement of the player and he should be applauded for his quick movement and ability to read his teammates ball rather than penalised for unknowingly and naturally allowing his arm to stray offside. Honestly this whole subject pisses me off.

So if PGMOL aren't applying the technology correctly they are by default not following IFAB's rules and regulations and IFAB give them a gentle reminder.

Well that's cute.

I saw Premier league referee Graham Scott in Tesco earlier. True story.

He had Coco pops in his trolley . Hardly what a supposed athlete should be eating.

There was a big temptation to say that to him that the scanning of his shopping needed to be checked on VAR .

I also thought his walking out of the shop needed checking as his arm pit appeared to be slightly ahead :lol:

100%

I don't understand how you're gaining any advantage when your head is in front of the defender but your feet are behind him. It defies logic IMO.

Collective fan action is needed on this, stay away protests, banners whatever, they’re killing football and ruining the game I love.