VAR | Page 30 | Vital Football

VAR

I see the PL have finally agreed to use semi automatic offside technology from next season. About time. Its used in Europe and works in seconds. However I'm sure we will find a way to make it complicated.
Still plenty of scope for them to get involved and fuck it all up though.
"Decisions as to whether a player in an offside position is interfering with play, or whether a player is onside where a defensive player has touched the ball and the contact has been deemed deliberate, will still begin subjectively with the on-field referee."

And if its potentially a decision that could have a negative impact on a Sky 6 team, don't forget the five minutes in the build up to the decision

Okay I hear but what I'm saying is those goals could have been given, the foul on Carlos was less than what Ben White did on the goal keeper of Spurs and of course, the five minutes it took for Var to decide the ref made a clear and obvious error. They could have gone against us, I'm not saying they were wrong!!

Okay I hear but what I'm saying is those goals could have been given, the foul on Carlos was less than what Ben White did on the goal keeper of Spurs and of course, the five minutes it took for Var to decide the ref made a clear and obvious error. They could have gone against us, I'm not saying they were wrong!!
If VAR didn't intervene in any of our games we'd still be 4th with 67 pts. For us and 4 or 5 others it has netted out.

As we've seen VAR can go one way or the other on the same type of decision but in different games. It's a moot point when the decision is correct such as Chelsea because the rule is written in black and white. The real question is why the ref looking right at it doesn't give it. You cannot shoulder someone in the back no matter how soft you think it is, its not subjective.

What if we were awarded that goal vs. Sheffield Utd or VAR didn't step in and send off Kamara at Brentford.