US religious cult at Scottish school | Page 5 | Vital Football

US religious cult at Scottish school

Science is never taught as fact. Once it is it stops being Science.

Any Scientist who presents "facts" would be shunned by their peers.

Scientist have theory's - that's it.

mike_field - 7/9/2013 22:50

And no, that still doesn't address that teachers shouldn't be on a mission, science teachers teach to the curriculum of acceptable evidential proof - not themselves forcing their personal opinions on to students because they are on a mission.

That is not the case for those in your first link, or do you really not see that?

Mike, forget those that are religious for a second..

Do you see a side where "you" could be brainwashed by the whole science concept taught in schools - from the big bang to complex life forms.

Look up "Teach the Controversy" and "Irreducible complexity"...

Why do we see the need to teach kids someone's opinion of where we came from? Whether that be in science or religious education?

How is science allowed to propose a theory to the classroom and yet religion should not allowed to propose it's theory? - when both are in fact opinions!

Shouldnt the classroom be a place where truth and facts are taught?

Lost_In_Ca - 8/9/2013 00:05

Science is never taught as fact. Once it is it stops being Science.

Any Scientist who presents "facts" would be shunned by their peers.

Scientist have theory's - that's it.

I see you're a fan of Karl Popper. It's an interesting debate, and for much of Science, his theories seem to hold true.

He basically says that a Scientific Theory can only really be proven to be false, it can never absolutely be proven to be true. Essentially, "no number of positive outcomes at the level of experimental testing can confirm a scientific theory, but a single counterexample is logically decisive" (stolen from Wiki).

However, we know 2+2=4. We know when we combine certain Elements there is the same reaction every time. We know the Planets move in a predictable path. These are Scientific observations that have always proven true, and as far as I can see, always will. It is highly unlikely that they can be proven false, so for all intent and purpose, they hold true in the model we have created.

Popper had this to say on Religion - "was worse than an open admission of failure, for it created the impression that an ultimate explanation had been reached". Good man!!!

Jeus how have we ended up with 2 religious posts back on the go. 1 was enough. Thought my 1 post was in here and I was like WTF as it wasn't then realised the other 1 was back on the go too..

:83:

Green Tea - 7/9/2013 19:07

Do you know you cant even buy a load of land and build your own house and live off that land in total freedom from the system. The government wont let you. Wild rabbits, wild pheasants, fish, berries and loads of wild vegetation like nettles for instance,(they make great soups).

:75: :75:
You know GT I have this naive dream that I can one day change all that in Ireland Id love to reform everything... In some ways I dont think people should be able to own land actually sorry I got that wrong... Everyone should own the land but the Government should own none of it...
The idea of borders and countries is silly too but thats civilisation for ya...

You cannot live your life free CDX, we are all part of the system - which includes the way we are educated, its a form of being brainwashed. The School in Scotland is just teaching another way of living - if people want to live that way, then why stop them? Answer = because children are being fed false information...Yes but that is only false information in the current set up..And like I say, who defines which is the best set up? We only assume the current is the best - yet more kids are depressed now than ever in the Western world, more in special needs than ever, more have inner problems with their minds etc. The current system is taking away spiritual thoughts - the arts, poetry and music. "Stairway to Heaven" = great song, where did the heaven come from, or even the concept of the song? How many other songs, poetry, arts are grown from the spiritual world? - would you like a world where no heaven exists, no angels, no spiritual world? If yes, are you sure?

Do you seriously think in the world of materialism - maybe many, many years into the future(if certain evolutionists had their way) it is the best possible future for humanity? - the modern world is going that way and more and more people are unhappy...Unhappy with life, unhappy with the way they look, unhappy in general. The evolutionists are taking away our happiness and replacing it with an empty hole of sadness born out of an opinion. - this is not intelligent.

Children only appear to have more problems, because we now recognise them. They've always been there, but they would have been ignored in the past.

Most of us are not questioning the Spiritual World. We acknowledge it is important to some people. We are very much questioning the validity of the Bible as a true record, and the bullying of 5 year old kids. Telling them they will probably be murdered f they don't believe in God is just cruel and tantamount to abuse.

And if you really think we aren't happier now that in the Iron age, then you really don't understand life. The stress of a subsistence living is immense. Most of us know where our next meal is coming from. I really wish you would go and join that Tribe you keep mentioning, and see what life is really like in that environment. I'll pay to get you there.

http://greatist.com/happiness/this-generation-happier-study-020713

...according to the results of a new study (and contrary to the opinion of anyone claiming that “the good old days” have come and gone), each new generation is happier than ones that came before it.

TBF GT its difficult to say that is it or anything else there is so many things in this world that can depress you for sure... The education system is a complete failure in many aspects but mainly in how they are taught rather than what they are taught... You were right with school is brainwashed but not the way you think... School is about discipline and programming people to do mundane stuff they hate for 8+ hours per day...
Its a pity it took me til my final year in college to figure it out... How does one break this cycle? I dont have a clue our Governments are petrified of touching it...

Teaching religion or spirituality wont change things if they persist with the same methods we use now... Teaching all faiths is probably the best compromise, IMO it wouldnt be right to force one onto a child let the parents do that... Some people need faith and giving them the option might be the best way rather than letting some cult get a hold of them and brainwashing them with nonsense...
I dont think science or evolutionism is to blame for any of this I cant see how it is...They cant be responsible for materialism because thats in people, we like having new and nice things its in our nature... Its a personal choice and some struggle with it because they think someone will judge them if they dont have the nice car or house... For many thats a difficult hurdle to get over because its been built into us over thousands of years... Monarchs like the precious royal family have only made it worse...

Edit: that link in your signature is quite funny Heath... I suppose you know videos of black fellas banging white chicks is also highest in States which are highly racist... Like the bible belt and deep south...
Another strange thing in human nature if you demonise sex or make certain things taboo the people who you are 'protecting' will turn out opposite...

I think the biggest problems lie in what is taught, rather than how..Im not saying how teachers teach can be wrong because it can..But the subject topic is important and it matters a great deal to how the finished product lives.

The complexity of life is hugely important and it should be taught imo. Under no circumstances should a child leave school believing that the only option for life was to have come about by chance. They need to be shown the importance of life from the way it is built and put together. A great invention needs to be admired and respected for what it is...If the kids respect life - they will respect each other and the planet around them.

Kids obviously do not take that on board if 46% of Americans think the world is 10,000 years old is anything to go by...

Its how people are taught and how we do it is completely wrong IMO... I cannot see how God created it or we started off as bacteria and became the most dangerous animal on the planet has any bearing on depression...
The fact is regardless of whether you want to believe God created you or the universe is gigantic either way both can make you feel small and insignificant or a miracle...

ITs all about perception it may be chance but I think its far more impressive that we possibly came from a meteorite started as bacteria and evolved to manipulate our environment than being created.... Is that not more empowering?
Call it chance but the conditions had to be within certain extremes for us to develop... Think of all the events and stages of Earth our ancestors fought through for you and me to have a debate hundreds of miles apart... And you want to tell me this was all by design and none of that took place... We just are, there was no before, I dont buy it dude sorry...

No because life is a masterpiece..= "a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship."

its all very well teaching that maybe it isnt..But I still think the child needs to be shown the other side of the coin. And thus should leave school with a mind that they can make up themselves.

at present we are heading towards materialism..Which is extremely unfair if all existence does have a creator isnt it? We should not be allowed to have the power to have children leaving school with just a one sided view...And that the only other side can come from the home...- the creationists are fighting this. If they dont stand up, who is - as the life we know just sadly turns into materialism?

The problem for you GT, is that everyone with an ounce of sense can see the Bible for what it is, and hence it hasn't got a chance of being taught in the way you want.

The Bible simply isn't a true history of the Human Species. It can very easily be shown that this is a false assumption. Only the most myopic of people seem to think it is, and it is no coincidence that these are the same people who don't really understand how Science works.

You are in the minority, and a tiny minority at that, and in a Democracy, we tend to go with the majority, thankfully.

The creationists only want their ideological thrash taught in school why have they decided now is the time to pursue this route? I 100% believe its because they are terrified of becoming irrelevant which is hilarious as they are irrelevant...
They are a cult, a religious fundamentalist group who are only a click below the nutjobs in Mid East... They are only tolerated in the West because they are not muslims...

I thought you were talking about economic materialism so I had a look to get the jist of it...

Well what is materialism? It seems the historical version is dis-proven by modern science due to quantum physics... It has no clear definition...

The thing is kids dont leave with a one sided view people still believe in God and all that jazz because they parents force it on them at a young age... It has no place in a science class except to be picked apart...

What do you want GT you start off saying you want spirituality and then it turns into religious science... Let someone teach the bible along with the other faiths and not bring in the religious science theories... If a kid wants to go ahead and believe the greatest work of fiction ever written after learning about that and real science then thats okay with me...
We've been teaching kids this shit forever along with the religious stuff and people still believe in the religious stuff... What more do you want? Information is easily available these days and its that reason why people question it and disregard it... How do you think the Mid East clings to their religion so hard? Because they oppress and stop the flow of information... And at the end of the day thats what organised religion wants total control on information and freedom...

Green Tea - 8/9/2013 13:46

No because life is a masterpiece..= "a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship."

its all very well teaching that maybe it isnt..But I still think the child needs to be shown the other side of the coin. And thus should leave school with a mind that they can make up themselves.

at present we are heading towards materialism..Which is extremely unfair if all existence does have a creator isnt it? We should not be allowed to have the power to have children leaving school with just a one sided view...And that the only other side can come from the home...- the creationists are fighting this. If they dont stand up, who is - as the life we know just sadly turns into materialism?

At present GT this life is heading for materialism??????? It always has been like that relative to the day and age we live in. You will know the 10 commandments, however do you understand them completely?

The 10 commandments

The Ten Commandments

You shall have no other Gods but me. (Means don't put material items for example first as they are temporal)

You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. (As no 1)
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. (Don’t swear or blaspheme or take in vain the name of your creator as you choose to believe)

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. (All of life belongs to the creator as you understand. Cherish it)

Respect your father and mother. (Pretty obvious)

You must not kill. (Pretty obvious and includes murder by character assassination)

You must not commit adultery. (Obvious)

You must not steal. (Does not just include the stereo-type. It includes the way you spend your time, or take time say by phoning in sick when you aren't. It is all stealing)

you must not give false evidence against your neighbour. (Don’t lie and be honest if you have)

You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour. (Anybody stuff male female etc. pretty obvious)

Now to make this clear they couldn't have been written in half measures avail us nothing. They could not say 'do not still but it is O.K if you’re a single Mom with no nappies.

They are the perfect attainment. Progress not perfection.

All of those commandments in 1 way or another are about materialism. Not having false idols/false God/s such as in materialism. Not converting your neighbors property/ not stealing etc?

I do agree with your 1st sentence though. Life is a masterpiece-yes! That is why I can not accept that all this is by chance and randomness.

Science & faith work together. Without each other they don't make sense

Plus it is how both sides of the coin are teached which is given to persona of the person wanting to teach it.

It has to be taught in a appropriate non biased way leave open mindedness. That is how the majority of teachers do teach.

There is always a few who don't. Those that make the headlines

At present GT this life is heading for materialism??????? It always has been like that relative to the day and age we live in. You will know the 10 commandments, however do you understand them completely?
----------

Both you and CDX are getting the wrong end of the stick...Im not talking materialistic in the sense of greed.

Here, this may explain where im coming from; -

Materialism = The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.

Basically, you read the other thread right = Religious freaks are thickos?

Materialism taking over the world has created this. Kat you are outcast, someone with a twisted mind. So am I, so is VOTN.....And Heath is the superior class above us all. = Materialism taking over!

Creationists are the only ones doing something about it.

Green Tea - 8/9/2013 15:07

Basically, you read the other thread right = Religious freaks are thickos?

Materialism taking over the world has created this. Kat you are outcast, someone with a twisted mind. So am I, so is VOTN.....And Heath is the superior class above us all. = Materialism taking over!

Creationists are the only ones doing something about it.

You assume I am materialistic? How dare you, you pompous zealot. You know nothing about me in this respect. Science is in many ways the opposite of materialism. People give their whole lives to it, with very little to show in material terms.

You said you classed yourself closely to Humanism..In the philosophical sense this is the same as materialism.