US religious cult at Scottish school | Page 3 | Vital Football

US religious cult at Scottish school

astonion - 6/9/2013 23:57

I understand what you are saying kefkat, but I disagree with faith schools. What is wrong with allowing children to grow into adults and let them decide for themselves if they want to believe or follow one religion or another.I would never disrespect people for their beliefs or faiths. In my case I was brought up to believe but now choose not to to. But I do think if you tell a child 2 + 2 = 4 that is a fact, if you tell a child there is a god, that is open to debate.

Do you not think it's right for parents to teach their children what they believe? I fear that without this you end up with a rather sterile cultural environment. After all, in matters of belief/opinion, why should a distinction be made between , for example, religion, the arts and politics? They are all opinion/belief/ideology based and all enrich society.

If the current system is working, then fine...But unfortunately it isnt.

Who is responsible for churning out these families all living off the state with loads of kids running riot? = The parents, isnt an answer because those parents are the product from under the current crappy system.

My Grandparents were taught religion in school and both have a damn sight more respect than the sh1t the current system is producing..

No jobs, high tax, some young couples struggling to get a mortgages or homes, riots on our city streets, women having boob jobs/plastic surgery because they have been brainwashed - all again produced by the crappy current system.

Show me it working...I cant see it. We live longer is evidence of humanity peaking? Yippee, but does it not matter if that living longer is crap and the quality of that life in general is pretty poor? Prolong the torture - more kids are depressed in the Western world than ever before! Your atheist, evolutionary system isnt working on them.....They are not happy! - Yet we keep it going! - this isnt just brainwashing its also child abuse.

You could say everything in life is a brainwash...2+2 = 4 is brainwashing. The whales in the ocean(as smart as they are) dont care for 2+2, the chimps dont care for 2+2 - but for some strange reason humanity have decided that we need to ALL learn 2+2...Such as, they have created a great system where we are now ALL trapped from the age of 4 years right up to 65 years of our lives = great system that! Thanks humanity - you took away my freedom and my life(wait no, when im old and wrinkly they give me a life!) - You call that intelligent? Wow you have seriously been sucked in...All this for what? So we can live longer, child mortality down, less wars that before(even though these wars were created by the system).

Humanity have blew it...Big time.

We have lost what life should have been about. You have missed the trick..And you moan about the school in Scotland? blah, its just another product on another day, in the crazy life of humanity.

mike_field - 7/9/2013 00:40

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/9/2013 23:01

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:57

Who is responsible for the kids that turn out taking drugs, or go suicidal? Which current curriculum is responsible for the kids that grow up and have 12 children of their own claiming off the state?

The Catholic Church?

Technically human nature, the Daily Fail might want to present the 'fact' that everybody has 12 kids living off the state, but historically people has 12 kids because at least 10 of them would die hence our 2.4 average which I believe has dropped lately?

Failing that erm the parents.

I agree totally. Without the Medical advances we have achieved, there would be so many more deaths, particularly Children. That's the engine that evolution uses.

Apparently, that's a good thing, but Abortion isn't. God can decide to kill millions of Babies, but we can't choose to terminate one.

And if you think 2+2 is brainwashing, then there is something seriously wrong with the wiring in your brain. It's a readily provable fact, which is a completely different thing to saying whether God exists or not.

Green Tea - 7/9/2013 09:28

If the current system is working, then fine...But unfortunately it isnt.

Who is responsible for churning out these families all living off the state with loads of kids running riot? = The parents, isnt an answer because those parents are the product from under the current crappy system.

My Grandparents were taught religion in school and both have a damn sight more respect than the sh1t the current system is producing..

No jobs, high tax, some young couples struggling to get a mortgages or homes, riots on our city streets, women having boob jobs/plastic surgery because they have been brainwashed - all again produced by the crappy current system.

Show me it working...I cant see it. We live longer is evidence of humanity peaking? Yippee, but does it not matter if that living longer is crap and the quality of that life in general is pretty poor? Prolong the torture - more kids are depressed in the Western world than ever before! Your atheist, evolutionary system isnt working on them.....They are not happy! - Yet we keep it going! - this isnt just brainwashing its also child abuse.

You could say everything in life is a brainwash...2+2 = 4 is brainwashing. The whales in the ocean(as smart as they are) dont care for 2+2, the chimps dont care for 2+2 - but for some strange reason humanity have decided that we need to ALL learn 2+2...Such as, they have created a great system where we are now ALL trapped from the age of 4 years right up to 65 years of our lives = great system that! Thanks humanity - you took away my freedom and my life(wait no, when im old and wrinkly they give me a life!) - You call that intelligent? Wow you have seriously been sucked in...All this for what? So we can live longer, child mortality down, less wars that before(even though these wars were created by the system).

Humanity have blew it...Big time.

We have lost what life should have been about. You have missed the trick..And you moan about the school in Scotland? blah, its just another product on another day, in the crazy life of humanity.

You're life must be really crap if this is your summary of it. I think you're doing it all wrong (or reading the Dilly Mail too much).

Lets go back to living in Caves, stoning each other, attacking our neighbors every other year and owning Slaves. That all sounds so much better!!!!

So what would you do with these faith schools then?. Close them down or order them not to teach about faith?.

The fact is our parents choose our schools, good or bad, from a young age, so we don't get a say in that either. Where do you end with it? Ban RE! Then people will say I don't want this that or the other taught to my child.

Then you have for instance Jehovah's Witnesses who won't allow their children in the same class when RE or bonfire night/Halloween/Christmas etc is being taught. That segregates them.

There are alot of perms and yes I am playing devils advocate. It wouldn't work to have non faith schools or RE taught. JW's cause there kids alot of misery because they don't have their own schools. If they did they would never learn anything about the world, as that is the way they are

The point is if you can't afford private school, generally over the years it is known that a child going to a faith school gets a better standard of education than at a state school.

Throwing into the conversation I was bought up in Church (non-conformist Congregational) I turned away as fast as I could. Now I have come back to faith. A faith that has grown up and taught to me in a way it wasn't in the intermediate years of the 60's/70/s early 80's.

RE teaches all types of faith including atheists, agnostic, evolution etc. They are all about belief systems so all get taught.

I don't think it should be got rid of in schools as long as long as all sides are taught

JamTomorrow - 6/9/2013 16:49

Read more at: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/parents-outrage-extremist-religious-cult-2254926

:93:

Brainwashing children in school :22: Life would be so much better if we culled religious extremists :178:

I have no problem with parents passing on their beliefs to their children just dont think it should be done in schools.

As a footnote, parents tell their children there is a father christmas, only years later to tell them, well he does'nt really exist. Why then should they believe in later life there is a god.

Faith Schools do better for many reasons, but one of those is not the Teaching of the Faith. They employ covert screening on pupils cherry picking the best, and in general parents that make huge efforts to get their children into these schools tend to be from better backgrounds.

It's a self perpetuating system. There is quite a bit of research on the subject, all supporting this supposition.

RE should be taught as part of History, and nothing more. if you want your kids to take this further, do it on your own time, but Schools are for important educational needs.

kefkat - 7/9/2013 11:48

RE teaches all types of faith including atheists, agnostic, evolution etc. They are all about belief systems so all get taught.

I don't think it should be got rid of in schools as long as long as all sides are taught

Thats a fair conclusion Id agree with all or nothing... Ireland brought in a new stage in school called transition year to be fair at the time I thought it was all bolloxs... A year wasted, it really was a mickey mouse year we didnt do a huge amount of traditional school work but we did lots of different things...
One of which was a religion class and we had a couple of different teachers only one was actually a religion teacher but she was very cool and open... The other guy didnt really follow any religion between the two of them they thought us alot... That was probably where I stopped following religion she was very knowledgable about the different types of religion and he was good at showing the similarities and differences as well as introducing the likes of cults...

I remember one trip they organised we went to some church or monastery place the only two things I can remember about it were:
1. The crazy religious nut talking nonsense
2. A group session we did which was really good that had nothing to do with religion...

If you take away the bullshit there is some use to had out of these things...

CDX_EIRE - 7/9/2013 14:02

kefkat - 7/9/2013 11:48

Thats a fair conclusion Id agree with all or nothing... Ireland brought in a new stage in school called transition year to be fair at the time I thought it was all bolloxs... A year wasted, it really was a mickey mouse year we didnt do a huge amount of traditional school work but we did lots of different things...
One of which was a religion class and we had a couple of different teachers only one was actually a religion teacher but she was very cool and open... The other guy didnt really follow any religion between the two of them they thought us alot... That was probably where I stopped following religion she was very knowledgable about the different types of religion and he was good at showing the similarities and differences as well as introducing the likes of cults...

I remember one trip they organised we went to some church or monastery place the only two things I can remember about it were:
1. The crazy religious nut talking nonsense
2. A group session we did which was really good that had nothing to do with religion...

If you take away the bullshit there is some use to had out of these things...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts there CDX. Yes it is about getting the right balance. The thing we all have to come terms with is we live in an imperfect world.

If it was perfect we would all get bored and be miserable as we would have nothing to discuss, put right etc and we would all go mad with frustration.

Also I happen to believe there would be no point if everything was perfect. We were created/evolved whatever you wish to call it to be unique yet the same as in species. The world is not 1 dimensional. It can't be. We would cease to exist if everything was perfect and we were all the same.

Actually I will quantify that last post: We live in a perfect world/universe and so on. It is us as people that bring the colours to the world. The same as animals and all moving species.

The universe with nothing going on would be a bland picture of nothingness. For good or bad species bring the colour and movement to the picture

Villan Of The North - 6/9/2013 20:35

Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people?

"The creationist books, defended by head teacher Sandra MacKenzie, denounce the theory of evolution and warn pupils that, without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world."

Take into account the ages of the children involved, Is that not brainwashing?

"One angry dad, Paul Sanderson, 33, told how his five-year-old son burst into tears when he took the books away.

He said: “I think it’s fair to call it brainwashing because when I took them from him he started crying.

“When I asked why he was crying, he said the man who gave them to him told him they were really, really important.”"

Not brainwashy enough for you? How about this -

"And she has told pals she uses classes to get into the heads of Kirktonholme pupils. She said: “They all are very receptive and willing to listen and learn.

“Hopefully at least we can let the kids know who Jesus is. Maybe someday that seed we’ve planted can be grown by God.”"

"Get into the heads of" what else is this if it is not brainwashing?

"“The second book talked in such threatening terms about other religions, and compared those who didn’t believe in God to those who carry out abortions."

If you don't believe then you are a murderer, a suitable message to five year olds?

"Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people?"

Because they were/are!

I have no problem with alternative viewpoints, I have many myself, but such indoctrination of very young children in school is wrong IMO.

I have no idea why you feel the need to defend these people.

This is not reactionary reporting at it's worst, this is a valid response to a group of mentally deficient cultists trying to turn young children into "believers"

Speaking as a parent, I am quite frankly amazed that the parents haven't delivered their battered and bloodied bodies to the airport for deportation.

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:04

There is stuff my kids have been taught that I see as pointless or I disagree with - its life and you need to understand the variety of it...

And you need to understand the difference between teaching and brainwashing, but as one of the brainwashed you would obviously not see that.

JamTomorrow - 7/9/2013 17:15

Villan Of The North - 6/9/2013 20:35

Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people?

"The creationist books, defended by head teacher Sandra MacKenzie, denounce the theory of evolution and warn pupils that, without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world."

Take into account the ages of the children involved, Is that not brainwashing?

"One angry dad, Paul Sanderson, 33, told how his five-year-old son burst into tears when he took the books away.

He said: “I think it’s fair to call it brainwashing because when I took them from him he started crying.

“When I asked why he was crying, he said the man who gave them to him told him they were really, really important.”"

Not brainwashy enough for you? How about this -

"And she has told pals she uses classes to get into the heads of Kirktonholme pupils. She said: “They all are very receptive and willing to listen and learn.

“Hopefully at least we can let the kids know who Jesus is. Maybe someday that seed we’ve planted can be grown by God.”"

"Get into the heads of" what else is this if it is not brainwashing?

"“The second book talked in such threatening terms about other religions, and compared those who didn’t believe in God to those who carry out abortions."

If you don't believe then you are a murderer, a suitable message to five year olds?

"Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people?"

Because they were/are!

I have no problem with alternative viewpoints, I have many myself, but such indoctrination of very young children in school is wrong IMO.

I have no idea why you feel the need to defend these people.

This is not reactionary reporting at it's worst, this is a valid response to a group of mentally deficient cultists trying to turn young children into "believers"

Speaking as a parent, I am quite frankly amazed that the parents haven't delivered their battered and bloodied bodies to the airport for deportation.

I disagree. There, by the logic of the way you argue I have proved my point. Just because you say something it does not make it so...........well, unless you write "FACT" after it.

I have said that I disagree with them but this is not brain washing. It's misinformation according to what the majority believe to be correct.

kefkat - 7/9/2013 15:07

Actually I will quantify that last post: We live in a perfect world/universe and so on. It is us as people that bring the colours to the world. The same as animals and all moving species.

The universe with nothing going on would be a bland picture of nothingness. For good or bad species bring the colour and movement to the picture

Off topic but I was reading this theory that expands on the mother gaia thing where Earth is a living organism... The crazy theory someone came up with is that complex life such as ourselves is damaging to the Earth and every so often the Earth tries to kill us so it can return to its bacterial/single cell state...
Off topic but the perfect world/universe thing always reminds me of these mad theories and all the ways we can be killed... Of course you can always flip that argument the other way that its incredible we're still alive...

So if you told in school that abortion is ok and its not murder - this is not brainwashing?

But if your told abortion is wrong and its just like murder - that is brainwashing?

Did anyone watch Bruce Parry in Tribe? He spent the week in an Amazon Tribe, of which had limited contact with the outside world. At the end of his stay, he had a chat with the tribe chief - The Chief said that life was so much better before the modern world made contact. He kinda now knows that life in tribe will never return to what it once was before we got our grubby little hands on it! Shame.

The great thing is that they do not abuse the planet or the life around them...When they need food, the men go out and hunt wild pigs, monkey or fish..The women and children collect berries, fruit and edible vegetation. They do not store animals in cages, they do not grow veg either. Everything they need to live - their surroundings provides naturally. They dont need 2+2, or to be trapped into a system for 60 odd years. But now that we have made contact, I suppose the changes are now starting to happen.

Do you know you cant even buy a load of land and build your own house and live off that land in total freedom from the system. The government wont let you. Wild rabbits, wild pheasants, fish, berries and loads of wild vegetation like nettles for instance,(they make great soups).

Green Tea - 7/9/2013 18:46

So if you told in school that abortion is ok and its not murder - this is not brainwashing?

But if your told abortion is wrong and its just like murder - that is brainwashing?

The point is, the decision is not yours to make. It's extremely arrogant to think it is.

Green Tea - 7/9/2013 19:07

Did anyone watch Bruce Parry in Tribe? He spent the week in an Amazon Tribe, of which had limited contact with the outside world. At the end of his stay, he had a chat with the tribe chief - The Chief said that life was so much better before the modern world made contact. He kinda now knows that life in tribe will never return to what it once was before we got our grubby little hands on it! Shame.

The great thing is that they do not abuse the planet or the life around them...When they need food, the men go out and hunt wild pigs, monkey or fish..The women and children collect berries, fruit and edible vegetation. They do not store animals in cages, they do not grow veg either. Everything they need to live - their surroundings provides naturally. They dont need 2+2, or to be trapped into a system for 60 odd years. But now that we have made contact, I suppose the changes are now starting to happen.

Do you know you cant even buy a load of land and build your own house and live off that land in total freedom from the system. The government wont let you. Wild rabbits, wild pheasants, fish, berries and loads of wild vegetation like nettles for instance,(they make great soups).

This is so ironic. It is the very people who led to the Bible that started Farming and led to the Society we live in today. If you want to blame anyone, then that's where you should start.