US religious cult at Scottish school | Page 2 | Vital Football

US religious cult at Scottish school

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:20

Why should they have to move their kids school? Why disrupt their lives? These people shouldn't be allowed with a hundred miles of a School. They are trying to mislead these poor Children and fill their heads with nonsense.
-------
Who defines what is nonsense?

Whoever decides the National Curriculum.

Certainly not a bunch of people who don't listen to anything that doesn't agree with their 3,000 year old Book. That's the first lot off the list.

There is a bit of a difference GT between some of the parallels your making and this lot

ALL religions should be banned in ALL schools. It is brain washing and should be stopped. When people are old enough to discuss it and make up their own minds that is soon enough to preach the garbage to them.

astonion - 6/9/2013 22:36

ALL religions should be banned in ALL schools. It is brain washing and should be stopped. When people are old enough to discuss it and make up their own minds that is soon enough to preach the garbage to them.

That's a very generalist approach astonian! Anyway it can't happen as there are such things as faith schools. What do you do about the youngsters who are bought up in the church too. There is alot more than you think bought up in main stream Christianity

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/9/2013 22:19

Villan Of The North - 6/9/2013 20:35

As you know, I am not a creationist but I do find it interesting how this has been reported in a very hostile manner. Why should someone presenting an alternative view point be considered as trying to brainwash people? This is reactionary reporting at its worst.

Did you not see the bit where the book they were given says "without God, they risk being murdered in a harmful, disgusting world."

Or the bit where “The second book talked in such threatening terms about other religions, and compared those who didn’t believe in God to those who carry out abortions."

Never mind the fact that they had these children, starting from 5 years of age, fund raising for their new Church.

Apart from that, they are carrying on with their crazy bandwagon that Evolution is a myth. That in itself is damaging enough, and certainly conflicts with the Curriculum in Scotland.

This is the thin end of the wedge. These people are dangerous, and need stopping now.

I disagree with everything they are doing but I still maintain that presenting an alternative is not brainwashing. Their views are abhorrent to me but they are views they are entitled to have and express.......it's not brain washing.

I don't know if you read the full story, Ian, but this is a targeted effort at the School. They have members of the Church assisting at the School, and they have expressed their aim to gain converts, with the assistance of the Head Mistress. These children are from the age of 5. They don't need this sort of stuff at any age, never mind so young.

Religion should be taught, I don't agree with it being banned, but it should be a wide ranging subject covering all Religions and their history. Anything that is aimed at converting children is beyond evil.

Lets just say that every type of person I listed above = its just characteristics and personalities, nothing to do with good v bad! Ive nothing against tattoos or people that eat pies lol..

My point was.... which system works best for humanity? And who decides? Who churns out the best kids for society and the future of humanity? And who is the judge?

Who is responsible for the kids that turn out taking drugs, or go suicidal? Which current curriculum is responsible for the kids that grow up and have 12 children of their own claiming off the state?

You could go to Utah and have kids that open the door for you, hello sir how are you today - well mannered etc, all taught from the biblical teachings. Brainwashed? Who isnt?

Dont worry about the School in Scotland - now the media are involved it wont be loing before the head mistress is shipped out and all the kids are taught from the system's book of evolution - where those breasts look too small - maybe they need enlarging with some silicone. What a shame!

I understand what you are saying kefkat, but I disagree with faith schools. What is wrong with allowing children to grow into adults and let them decide for themselves if they want to believe or follow one religion or another.I would never disrespect people for their beliefs or faiths. In my case I was brought up to believe but now choose not to to. But I do think if you tell a child 2 + 2 = 4 that is a fact, if you tell a child there is a god, that is open to debate.

Religion should be taught but not preached in schools other than faith schools. If a parent makes the effort to send their child to a faith school then they clearly want their child taught in that faith.

The head mistress has no place doing this and the church should only be allowed to present what they believe, not preach.

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:57

Who is responsible for the kids that turn out taking drugs, or go suicidal? Which current curriculum is responsible for the kids that grow up and have 12 children of their own claiming off the state?

The Catholic Church?

Yes your right Heath...The majority of schools that are now churning out sh1t because you dont want religion anywhere near these kids....Its a good thing!

As humanity continues to slide!

astonion - 6/9/2013 22:36

Absolutely spot on.

Yes its my perception...However, where have we peaked as a race? To me we have always been on the slide(from the day we arrived) - the bible explains this.

Can you pin point anywhere in the history of our existence where we shine as a race? Are things getting better, staying the same, in decline? Do we, when you think about it - live better than a wild chimp?

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 23:31

Yes its my perception...However, where have we peaked as a race? To me we have always been on the slide(from the day we arrived) - the bible explains this.

Can you pin point anywhere in the history of our existence where we shine as a race? Are things getting better, staying the same, in decline? Do we, when you think about it - live better than a wild chimp?

What are you on about? Peaked in what way?

Life expectancy up
Child mortality down
Major Wars a thing from history
Education at it's highest

What is so bad today that you have to look at Chimps and rather be in their position than ours? (At least you acknowledge that Chimps are our closest evolutionary relative. I suppose that is a start!!)

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/9/2013 23:01

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 22:57

The Catholic Church?

Technically human nature, the Daily Fail might want to present the 'fact' that everybody has 12 kids living off the state, but historically people has 12 kids because at least 10 of them would die hence our 2.4 average which I believe has dropped lately?

Failing that erm the parents.

Villan Of The North - 6/9/2013 22:50

I disagree with everything they are doing but I still maintain that presenting an alternative is not brainwashing. Their views are abhorrent to me but they are views they are entitled to have and express.......it's not brain washing.

I believe absolutely in someones right to express themselves Im 100% for freedom to do anything you want so long as it does not hurt others...
In this case I think the parents have been deceived because the head teacher exploited his/her position of power... A kids mind is so malleable I dont think they should be exposed to any religion until they are older...

Organised religions are a cancer and detrimental to the development of human beings IMO...

Edit: I should add total freedom brings into question things like this and opinions are always going to be divided on how harmful certain things are... Extremist views which conflict with modern science and human rights need to be eradicated...

Are we really glossing over the potential fraud whilst we get bogged down in whether we have peaked as a race based on a book which says we've been in a downslide since we we existed written thousands of years after we actually erm existed?

The Catholic Church says give me a child under 7. Ironic when you think about it.

They say Scotland is 'ripe'.

Wouldn't we condone that attitude if it came from paedos targeting a town, con men looking to capitalise on a retirement village?

I'm not suggesting the head teacher (dork) should be sacked because of any impropriety in allowing this group in - yes options are welcome - kids will find the truth when alternatives are presented with balance.

But they should certainly lose their job over a lack of due diligence in establishing to the parents what was going on, the books being used and the language established and the failure to make a distinction between school funds and funding for a fucking church.

I wouldn't be allowed to go into either of my kids schools and talk about digital media content and delivery and take £1 from each kid for the pleasure of listening to me stutter for an hour under the guise it was going to the school fund when in fact I was pocketing it because I want to build an S&M dungeon.

Or would I?

I'll tell you what, they are right about one thing. Scotland is a place “a place full of darkness and emptiness".