US Politics Thread | Page 636 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

They don't need 3,000 troops for that. I'm starting to suspect that American boots are going to be on the ground in Afghanistan for a long time.
I did see a figure of $2trillion as the cost so far, with $925 billion as the additional cost of financing the interest by 2030 if America had stayed there. ( usnews.com)
A lot of money, no wonder they want out.

Here’s one thing I don’t understand - why have they just dumped their old choppers, planes and other weapons? Perhaps the cost of moving obsolete stuff back but it’s a typical American thing to do, just let the terrorists take the deadly stuff and at worst, show it off.

Here’s one thing I don’t understand - why have they just dumped their old choppers, planes and other weapons? Perhaps the cost of moving obsolete stuff back but it’s a typical American thing to do, just let the terrorists take the deadly stuff and at worst, show it off.

I'm sure they hobbled anything they left.

One of my dad's mates bought a load of surplus army vehicles from the Falklands and made a fortune selling them off one by one. I believe it was mostly jeeps (Defenders) and trucks. I don't know the exact details. I'll have to ask him. If I remember rightly, he had to pay for shipping from the Falklands.

I'd imagine the cost of shipping from Afghanistan would be enormous if anyone would take the job.

I did see a figure of $2trillion as the cost so far, with $925 billion as the additional cost of financing the interest by 2030 if America had stayed there. ( usnews.com)
A lot of money, no wonder they want out.

Incredible, isn't it? When you see the horrific poverty over there too and you think of all of the good they could have done with that money.

old joe said a month ago, afghanistan, were left in good hands and well able to look after themselves, looks like it could turn out worst than nam, seanie

I like this guy. I've been following his stuff for a while. He doesn't usually go so hard or so hot but he has a great take on the US withdrawal from Afghanistan:

This aged well. Joe Biden saying last month that no way will the Taliban take over control.
Took, what? Just over a week for them to do it.

Biden is catching A LOT of heat, I actually agree with the decision in principle, but it hasn't landed very well.

Well I don't know what the answer is with Afghanistan. I think it's a problem no other country can solve.
If the Taliban can slice through this 300,000 strong army like butter then it's always going to be the same isn't it.
But I think even with no intelligence, no secret service and no insights most people could have assumed this was a strong possibility.

Well I don't know what the answer is with Afghanistan. I think it's a problem no other country can solve.
If the Taliban can slice through this 300,000 strong army like butter then it's always going to be the same isn't it.
But I think even with no intelligence, no secret service and no insights most people could have assumed this was a strong possibility.

Those numbers were a charade, encouraged by the Americans. There is no Afghan army. There are only tribal militias. The only way to stop the Taliban is to wipe out the Pashtun people. Ethnic cleansing, anyone? Anyone?

There are only 15m of them in Afghanistan but the 43m of them in Pakistan would need to be dealt with too. The Pakistanis might be happy to get rid if the Pashtuns but they wouldn't be happy to have the Americans in their territory so you'd probably have to take on nuclear-armed Pakistan too and their 216m people.

This aged well. Joe Biden saying last month that no way will the Taliban take over control.
Took, what? Just over a week for them to do it.
Aged like milk. These comments either make him look fundamentally stupid or expose him as lying about the reality on the ground. For me it's the latter. 300,000 troops? Yeah right LOL.

Afghan embassy in India calling it as they see it

1629094229222.png

Those numbers were a charade, encouraged by the Americans. There is no Afghan army. There are only tribal militias. The only way to stop the Taliban is to wipe out the Pashtun people. Ethnic cleansing, anyone? Anyone?

There are only 15m of them in Afghanistan but the 43m of them in Pakistan would need to be dealt with too. The Pakistanis might be happy to get rid if the Pashtuns but they wouldn't be happy to have the Americans in their territory so you'd probably have to take on nuclear-armed Pakistan too and their 216m people.
Looks like a red button needs to be pushed then hey 😬

Trump made a deal with the Taliban, leaving out the Afghan Government in doing so. He basically took away any power they had once the troops left.

Biden has been anti war for decades. Both candidates were going to withdraw troops, which voters knew about. There is still 70% support for this move in America.

The Republican National Committee has removed a page from the 2020 campaign that says "Biden has had a history of pushing for endless wars" while "Trump has continued to take the lead in peace talks as he signed a historic peace agreement with the Taliban in Afghanistan, which would end America's longest war," The Washington Post's David Weigel noted Sunday.

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣