US Politics Thread | Page 637 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

It's the right thing to do but the implementation has to be up for intense scrutiny. Biden's overconfidence RE the Taliban is a great soundbite for his enemies play back to him.

The hawks will hate this and so will those Blairite-interventionist types.

There was never going to be an easy way out of Afghanistan. Anyone saying there was doesn't understand.

I think Biden has been very brave in following his convictions. He's been against this campaign since day one.

There is certainly no win in it for America. I think Trump handed him a live grenade. It was a stupid war to begin with, in that respect Biden is right. Still, it would probably have been politically easier to keep it going for another 4 years.

This aged well. Joe Biden saying last month that no way will the Taliban take over control.
Took, what? Just over a week for them to do it.

Took everyone in power by surprise, Bojo had his emergency Cobra meeting on it yesterday.

Yet everyone and their goat (in fairness the speed surprised me as well) knew it would happen.

Trump made a deal with the Taliban, leaving out the Afghan Government in doing so. He basically took away any power they had once the troops left.

Biden has been anti war for decades. Both candidates were going to withdraw troops, which voters knew about. There is still 70% support for this move in America.

If the stories of the Afgan army (for whatever they were worth) are true about not being fed, paid, or supplied with munitions this last month - some fucking heads need to roll in the Afgan Gov.

If the stories of the Afgan army (for whatever they were worth) are true about not being fed, paid, or supplied with munitions this last month - some fucking heads need to roll in the Afgan Gov.

There is no Afgan Army. There never was. In the minds of Afgans, you are a Pashtun, Tajik or Uzbek (or any one of the 15 other ethnic groups).

All of that Afgan Government stuff was just people playing along with the Americans for the money.

At best, you get the half of the population to gang up to fight the Pashtuns (Taliban) and have civil war.

I know Trump is not looked on well. Ok fair enough I get that. Totally.
But funny how under Trump the Taliban, Isis, or what ever nut jobs are our there went extremely silent.
Didn't take long for them them to resurface now his gone. Can't be a coincidence.

Same under Biden until the withdraw - Trump struck the deal with the Taliban and they totally played him to get what they wanted.

It's not a coincidence, Trump thought about his likes, didn't have a plan and left a total shit storm.

But funny how under Trump the Taliban, Isis, or what ever nut jobs are our there went extremely silent.
Didn't take long for them them to resurface now his gone. Can't be a coincidence.

Trump surrendered Afghanistan to the Taliban.

Those numbers were a charade, encouraged by the Americans. There is no Afghan army. There are only tribal militias. The only way to stop the Taliban is to wipe out the Pashtun people. Ethnic cleansing, anyone? Anyone?

There are only 15m of them in Afghanistan but the 43m of them in Pakistan would need to be dealt with too. The Pakistanis might be happy to get rid if the Pashtuns but they wouldn't be happy to have the Americans in their territory so you'd probably have to take on nuclear-armed Pakistan too and their 216m people.
So how. How how how how. Do we live in a world where Bodybutter from vitalvilla knows this.... But the president of the untied States does not.
How is that possible?

So how. How how how how. Do we live in a world where Bodybutter from vitalvilla knows this.... But the president of the untied States does not.
How is that possible?

The US has lots of analyists who are much smarter and better informed than me.

However, politicians make decisions based on what's popular rather than what's right or correct.

Last edited:
How is that possible?

He knows, it's why his line all along has been the tribal leaders need to step up now and deal with their own shit.

The US wanted out, those crowing now would be crowing if Biden delayed the exit.

You think that if Trump had withdrawn the troops, the Taliban would have honoured their deal?

“I started the process, all the troops are coming home, they (Biden) couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough" said Trump in June. Wonder why he's not trying to claim credit today?