US Politics Thread | Page 621 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Haha thats why I mentioned Harry, I knew what I was at.

I do think people take some stuff too seriously, Ireland is as backward but that backwardness makes the people.

My mind was honestly blown just by living in Birmingham. To have proper bus and train services and they all worked. Mind-blowing. America with its opportunities and less fear about the economy falling apart.

David McWilliams reckons Ireland has had an economic crisis every ten years for the past fifty years so those fears are well founded. Still the Irish economy has been on a charge since the early 90s and there are no signs it's going to slow down. Perhaps the crises are part of the deal with rapid growth?

I think the biggest problem is a lack of imagination from the politicians. Perhaps the economics crises have caused people to vote for 'a safe pair of hands'. Now the housing crisis is going to put Sinn Fein in power and all bets are off.

David McWilliams reckons Ireland has had an economic crisis every ten years for the past fifty years so those fears are well founded. Still the Irish economy has been on a charge since the early 90s and there are no signs it's going to slow down. Perhaps the crises are part of the deal with rapid growth?

I think the biggest problem is a lack of imagination from the politicians. Perhaps the economics crises have caused people to vote for 'a safe pair of hands'. Now the housing crisis is going to put Sinn Fein in power and all bets are off.

I've took to watching videos like the below recently and while I have experience of insane rapid advancement. Its even crazier to see where we were in the 60s and 70s. Even the 80s from what my dad told me. I am a celtic tiger cub, born in 89 and I have very vague memories of the early 90s. There are things I remember that are "wow" moments looking back. I saw the insane rapid development between Wicklow and Dublin and my town growing 100% in less than 10 years.

I suppose part of how this is relevant is I get the issue we're stuck in and the dependence on America. I used to be a person who would say Amazon et al. should pay more taxes and corporate welfare should end. At the same time I now see that you're competing with the world for these companies. Its actually similar to the point you made about countries, with bringing companies into your world you take the good with the bad too.

You bring in the FANG companies and you'll get massive economic growth. Construction increases, more jobs and more people on higher wages, more taxes but you also get the infrastructure issues to solve and wealth disparity starts to grow.

Totally agree with you about the Government and I think its a case of the Island mentality. A lot of these politicians in my mind are locked into the Irish ways of thinking.

66% of Republicans believe in The Big Lie (that the election was stolen from Trump).

Why does it matter? Why was this election stolen but the others weren't?

Americans hate a loser. Previous Presidential race losers have always faded into the background. In other countries, election losers can often stay as leader of their party but not in the US.

Trump is still the leader of the GOP despite the election loss. George P Bush called him this week looking for Trump's support in his campaign for Attorney General of Texas. A Bush needing Trump's support to win an election in Texas says a lot about how the GOP has utterly changed.

Back on point, by claiming that the election was stolen, Trump is able to maintain his position as leader of the GOP.

The surprising thing is that so many Americans are willing to take that journey of imagination with him.

I see Bill Maher is back on his 'damn Arabs and Moslem's what are the Israeli's supposed to do' horse tonight.

I like the bloke but fuck me he's so polemic on this issue I'd expect him to tell me the sky was pink and sue me if I disagreed.

Speaking of journeys of imagination, 15% of American voters believe in the Pizzagate thing where America is run by satanic pedophiles. They make up something like 23% of GOP voters.

This was a big Alex Jones thing, that brings you down the rabbit hole Siggie mentioned with SandyHook. He broadcasts to the tinfoil hat crowd that that was a fake massacre / false flag.

He did eventually alright although I dont know how sincere as I didnt watch it. I do know he did put out some lame defense similar to Tucket Carlson and other conservatives. Paraphrasing but along the lines of "nobody should believe me because the things I say are so wild"

He's right. I know a Malaysian guy who is big into all of that stuff. He denies that he follows Alex Jones but he comes out with all of the same stuff. The last I heard from him he was being taken to hospital for mental health issues and his wife left him.

Are there additional costs to running a website like that?

As far as I know, you have to pay for web hosting and the domain name for at least 12 months. Those are the only expenses to having a website unless you need staff to run it.

Are there additional costs to running a website like that?

As far as I know, you have to pay for web hosting and the domain name for at least 12 months. Those are the only expenses to having a website unless you need staff to run it.

Nope - those are the costs, for low traffic sites you can get hosting for a couple of quid a month. Content management systems and even web design are basically free if you don't mind a template to choose from. And then if you are slightly techy minded, you have access to tweak those templates anyway to more personalise them to what you want it to look like.

For someone like Trump, it wouldn't even dent his daily hamburger and coke as he could just second existing staff to take on the tech role and any writing role as and when needed.

It's why it's so bizarre it has been pulled because it's pennies in a £50.

Nope - those are the costs, for low traffic sites you can get hosting for a couple of quid a month. Content management systems and even web design are basically free if you don't mind a template to choose from. And then if you are slightly techy minded, you have access to tweak those templates anyway to more personalise them to what you want it to look like.

For someone like Trump, it wouldn't even dent his daily hamburger and coke as he could just second existing staff to take on the tech role and any writing role as and when needed.

It's why it's so bizarre it has been pulled because it's pennies in a £50.

My guess is the arsehat is launching a new social media site.

My guess is the arsehat is launching a new social media site.

Could well be right, but even then, you'd think he'd keep this one going if it was getting traction?

The statement did reference returning to social media, but I read it as a Twitter/Facebook implication.