US Politics Thread | Page 620 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Ms James' spokesman, Fabien Levy, told the BBC on Tuesday: "We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature.

"We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57166735

:lol:

Ms James' spokesman, Fabien Levy, told the BBC on Tuesday: "We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature.

"We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57166735

:lol:

Waking up to this was quite a nice surprise.

This seems most appropriate for this thread. You're probably not aware that there is a precedent for this. Obama forced a private flight from either the Ecuadorian or Venezuelan president back in 2013, they thought Snowden was on board.

Unfortunately, rather than there being a huge amount of outcry there is a bit of whataboutism. This man is likely f'd because of poor decision-making by our superior democratic leaders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/23/world/europe/ryanair-belarus.html

But not Mr. Protasevich.

During the plane’s stop in Minsk, he was arrested, the country’s interior ministry said in a statement that was later deleted from its official Telegram channel.

After the plane was diverted to Minsk, Mr. Protasevich, 26, turned to fellow passengers “and said he was facing the death penalty,” one passenger, Monika Simkiene, told Agence France-Presse in Vilnius.

Billionaires and their feuds, just a bunch of silly boys!

Putting it into perspective, usually, with mergers or acquisitions a company will have to divest the info and put it to a vote with Shareholders.

8B is a rounding error for Amazon, it is so insignificant to their bottom line they can just buy it up for fun.

If he spent 8B just to air all those outtakes and fuck him up thats kind of funny but also scary. What else would he do?

Appalling, but these stories aren’t surprising anymore. They don’t affect me emotionally if I’m honest, as sad as it is those people have parents who will bury them, and kids who have lost a father.

Another day, another empty clip.

An employee fatally shot nine people at a California train yard before turning the gun on himself as police closed in.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57260869

#gunsarentaproblem

Get ready for a deadly weekend. It's Memorial Day Weekend, the kick off to summer, remember our armed forces members who didn't make it out of their uniforms and to get drunk at parties.

I am ashamed to live in a country where so many people call themselves "pro life" when it comes to a woman's body but refuse to see that children are fed, there is access to healthcare for everyone, water is clean and common sense gun control laws.

Another day, another empty clip.

An employee fatally shot nine people at a California train yard before turning the gun on himself as police closed in.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57260869

#gunsarentaproblem

Just 30 minutes from my new apartment and 10 minutes from a place we almost moved into. Googles head office is also about 15-20 minutes from there.

Get ready for a deadly weekend. It's Memorial Day Weekend, the kick off to summer, remember our armed forces members who didn't make it out of their uniforms and to get drunk at parties.

I am ashamed to live in a country where so many people call themselves "pro life" when it comes to a woman's body but refuse to see that children are fed, there is access to healthcare for everyone, water is clean and common sense gun control laws.

I've never felt safe leaving New York City, I now live in the Bay Area and have realized its as likely as anywhere now.

The gun control stuff I cannot wrap my head around it. The military doesnt even carry AR-15s. I say a great comment on twitter "still waiting for these heroes who carry guns to save the day, isnt that why dont have more gun control".

It makes me angry tbh, whats the hold up? We're just going to let 100s die every year so Frank in Alabama can keep his AR15? Just because he isnt mentally stable and has been a responsible owner for decades doesnt mean he should have (never mind need) an AR15.

The military doesnt even have AR15s.

This is where I as a non-American go off the rails and do a Harry on it. Their constitution is not the greatest thing ever written but they follow it like the bible. They think some immense wisdom is stored in a document written 300 years ago. This same piece of paper that didn't abolish slavery, or give those same rights including citizenship and the right to vote to black folk. It was also the same Government that was still at war with native Americans.

But as a non-American and even as an American I am these are some of the things that you can't or shouldn't mention.

Just 30 minutes from my new apartment and 10 minutes from a place we almost moved into. Googles head office is also about 15-20 minutes from there.

I've never felt safe leaving New York City, I now live in the Bay Area and have realized its as likely as anywhere now.

The gun control stuff I cannot wrap my head around it. The military doesnt even carry AR-15s. I say a great comment on twitter "still waiting for these heroes who carry guns to save the day, isnt that why dont have more gun control".

It makes me angry tbh, whats the hold up? We're just going to let 100s die every year so Frank in Alabama can keep his AR15? Just because he isnt mentally stable and has been a responsible owner for decades doesnt mean he should have (never mind need) an AR15.

This is where I as a non-American go off the rails and do a Harry on it. Their constitution is not the greatest thing ever written but they follow it like the bible. They think some immense wisdom is stored in a document written 300 years ago. This same piece of paper that didn't abolish slavery, or give those same rights including citizenship and the right to vote to black folk. It was also the same Government that was still at war with native Americans.

But as a non-American and even as an American I am these are some of the things that you can't or shouldn't mention.

How many Americans think like you CDX? I guess it depends on state, upbringing and other factors. Until a whole generation comes through who are shocked at these stories and takes over, it seems a long way off. It seems for every young anti-gun person, there’s another kid being brought up who knows how to fire an automatic rifle at 7 years old.

How many Americans think like you CDX? I guess it depends on state, upbringing and other factors. Until a whole generation comes through who are shocked at these stories and takes over, it seems a long way off. It seems for every young anti-gun person, there’s another kid being brought up who knows how to fire an automatic rifle at 7 years old.

There are several of us that think that like that. It's just that we are not in a position of power. And sadly, the gun lobby has a strong hold on not only the republicans but also the democrats. Guns are as American as apple pie and oppression to non white males.

I'm sure I've said this before but we lost any hope of having any common sense gun laws/regulations when we as a country decided (by doing nothing) that 20 kids who were six and seven and 6 adults were shot and killed wasn't a big deal. It wasn't enough to make a change. I was pregnant (didn't know it was twins yet) when Sandy Hook happened. I cried for a week straight and thought what the hell was I doing bringing a child into this world, more specifically this country. People go on and on about being Pro Life when they are just pro birth. I would take my girls and move to another country in a heartbeat if I could. I am so tired of fighting for change when nothing changes. While they are white, they are female and that comes with it's own hills to climb, I can only hope they don't have to deal with the sexual harassment/assault I've had to deal with.

The fact that so many Americans think this is the best country in the world is shocking to me, they have drank the kool aid. When I ask them why they think that they say "freedom of speech" and then I ask them to define what that means and they can't. THey also think we are the only country in the world that has freedom of speech. We are a sheltered country and aren't taught anything about other countries until High School and it might be a blip on the syllabus at that. Honestly most people don't learn anything about other countries until they go to Uni and take a World Civilizations class, and not everyone goes to uni, so we have a country full of people with a high school diploma who think we are the best country in the world because they haven't been taught about any other country.

Last edited:

You've got to take the good with the bad, mate. Nobody likes it when you go to their country and complain about it.

You've got to take the good with the bad, mate. Nobody likes it when you go to their country and complain about it.

Haha thats why I mentioned Harry, I knew what I was at.

I do think people take some stuff too seriously, Ireland is as backward but that backwardness makes the people.

My mind was honestly blown just by living in Birmingham. To have proper bus and train services and they all worked. Mind-blowing. America with its opportunities and less fear about the economy falling apart.