US Politics Thread | Page 608 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

A Pew Research Center poll released Tuesday found that 70% of US adults favour Biden's bill — including 41% of Republicans. Associated Press also found that 70% of Americans approve of the president's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

HR 1 is a wide ranging voter registration initiative, ensuring Republicans can never again suppress votes.

Rolled back the removal of regulations that would allow companies to poison water and land again.

Launches a 100-day review of US supply chains for pharmaceuticals, critical minerals, semiconductors and large-capacity batteries, in an effort to ensure they aren't dependant on China.

Reverses Trump's LGBTQ restrictions, particularly in the military.

Reinstates America's commitment to the 1951 Refugee Convention

Reopens enrolment on HealthCare.gov

Rescinds the “Mexico City Policy,” a ban on US government funding for foreign nonprofits that perform or promote abortions

Elevates climate change as an essential element of US foreign policy and national security and kicks off development of a new emissions reduction target

This is just off the top of my head. There are dozens of another initiatives he has begun. This hardly sounds like a senile old man? In many ways, his first 50 days have achieved more than 4 years from Trump.

Last edited:
A Biden Executive Order has directed States to make plans for a Civilian Climate Corps, modelled on the Civilian Conservation Corps—the C.C.C.—of the nineteen-thirties.

It would put underemployed Americans to work on projects intended “to conserve and restore public lands and waters, bolster community resilience, increase reforestation, increase carbon sequestration in the agricultural sector, protect biodiversity, improve access to recreation, and address the changing climate.”

Needs to sort out the issue with cops and their treatment of both minorities and poor white people.

Hopefully, they are also aware of the work the cops in Newark, NJ did. I believe they went an entire year without at least a fatal shooting if not no shooting of criminals at all. This is a pretty dangerous area with a high murder rate too. They instated a program 4 or 5 years ago and they believe they are finally reaping the benefits.

Needs to sort out the issue with cops and their treatment of both minorities and poor white people.

Hopefully, they are also aware of the work the cops in Newark, NJ did. I believe they went an entire year without at least a fatal shooting if not no shooting of criminals at all. This is a pretty dangerous area with a high murder rate too. They instated a program 4 or 5 years ago and they believe they are finally reaping the benefits.

I think he signed an EO to look into solutions, didn't he? I like this angle. he doesn't just think he has all the answers. He asks people for ideas.

Democrats are pushing to enact the first major new legislation on gun control in more than two decades and passed bills on Thursday to require background checks on all firearms sales and transfers, and to allow an expanded 10-day review for gun purchases.

Gun control needs a 60 vote majority in the Senate, so it is unlikely to pass there. This will once again show how disconnected Republicans are with the public, where there is 92% support for these measures.

Last edited:
Democrats are pushing to enact the first major new legislation on gun control in more than two decades and passed bills on Thursday to require background checks on all firearms sales and transfers, and to allow an expanded 10-day review for gun purchases.

Gun control needs a 60 vote majority in the Senate, so it is unlikely to pass there. This will once again show how disconnected Republicans are with the public, where there is 92% support for these measures.

That sounds like a political stunt, pushing legislation you know won't pass. He should be focusing on getting through legislation that will pass while he has control of both houses.

That sounds like a political stunt, pushing legislation you know won't pass. He should be focusing on getting through legislation that will pass while he has control of both houses.

I think it needs highlighting, though. The hypocrisy is there for all to see. They'll block it because democrats introduced the Bill.

Of course, they could surprise us all and pass the Bill.

have a look at the hunters laptop deletes, it dont luck good on the bidens account, with the world pandemic still about and the inevitable economic down turn, i would hang on to your pennies, i think there is likely a big crash on the way, snowballing all the way from the states ( the dems like to spend and spend) seanie

have a look at the hunters laptop deletes, it dont luck good on the bidens account, with the world pandemic still about and the inevitable economic down turn, i would hang on to your pennies, i think there is likely a big crash on the way, snowballing all the way from the states ( the dems like to spend and spend) seanie
You may have some quoting coming your way.
INCOMING! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Biden in the Rose Garden: "I promised the American people, and I guess it's becoming an overused phrase, that help was on the way. But today, with the American Rescue Plan now signed into law, we've delivered on that promise. And I don't mean I've delivered, we've delivered."
11:51 AM · Mar 12, 2021