US Politics Thread | Page 607 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Democrats now piling in on Andrew Cuomo LOL!

Cuomo suffers major blow as top New York Democrats say governor must go

Andrew Cuomo suffered a major blow on Sunday in his attempt to stay as governor of New York in the face of allegations of sexual harassment and workplace bullying and a scandal over nursing home deaths under Covid. The majority leader of the state senate and the speaker of the assembly, two of the most powerful Democrats in New York, said it was time for Cuomo to go.

But the governor was not budging, telling reporters he would not quit after reportedly telling the state senate leader she would have to impeach him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...er-andrew-cuomo-sexual-harassment-allegations

I see the Democrats who voted against the $15 minimum wage are being labeled as moderate Democrats. Moderate.

Voting against improving the lives of millions who live below the poverty line and boosting the economy at the same time is moderate?

I guess 'corporate ***** who vote against the best interests of their people and country' Democrats doesn't have the same ring to it.

I read last night that significant numbers of Democrats have voted for major Republican Bills over the last 30 years, but almost no Republicans have voted for any Democrat legislation.

When Trump wanted stimulus payments, every Republican voted for it, but this time around they all said no. And then they have the gall to blame Democrats for the divide in the Country.

The minimum wage part was jettisoned this time around, because there is a 14th March deadline to renew unemployment benefits. Trump would have shut everyone down, fighting for what he wanted, but Biden is prepared to fight this issue on another day, to help people now. Two very different styles.

I read last night that significant numbers of Democrats have voted for major Republican Bills over the last 30 years, but almost no Republicans have voted for any Democrat legislation.

When Trump wanted stimulus payments, every Republican voted for it, but this time around they all said no. And then they have the gall to blame Democrats for the divide in the Country.

The minimum wage part was jettisoned this time around, because there is a 14th March deadline to renew unemployment benefits. Trump would have shut everyone down, fighting for what he wanted, but Biden is prepared to fight this issue on another day, to help people now. Two very different styles.

There are two ways of looking at that, though. Either the Democrats are more reasonable and are willing to pass good legislation regardless of where it comes from or there are a lot of Democrats who are corporate ***** who are much more ideologically aligned to the Republicans than the Democrats.

It shows that Republicans are entrenched, even when it's legislation they would vote for if they introduced it. That's the beauty of this stimulus Bill. It's not that much different to the one Trump was proposing.

A lot of this comes down to State rights versus Federal control. Too much federal interference is seen as bad by many Democrats and Republicans.

It's the weirdest system, whereby nobody knows what's legal and what's not half the time.

• The House passed the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act, a sweeping bill backed by unions and opposed by business groups, largely along party lines Tuesday evening.
Biden the man of the people.

In fairness Col, he is slightly otherwise engaged.

No doubt I won't agree with everything he does, but it's quite nice seeing a President just get on with the job instead of golfing and ranting poor me at every opportunity.

When you say 'getting on with it'
You mean forgetting generals names.
Playing computer games.
Owning up to not knowing what he was signing with an order in front of him with Harris circling.
In this clip he refers to the pentagon as 'over there' and a general as something very vague.
You cannot sweep this under the carpet. The man is unwell.

What does any president say?
Jesus you really do defend this man to the hilt dont you.

I just think the things he's been attacked for are unimportant, and the work he is doing is amazing. He promised to vaccinate 100 million in his first 100 days, and he'll get it done in 60.

I would let him deal with Covid, then start to judge him.

When you say 'getting on with it'
You mean forgetting generals names.
Playing computer games.
Owning up to not knowing what he was signing with an order in front of him with Harris circling.
In this clip he refers to the pentagon as 'over there' and a general as something very vague.
You cannot sweep this under the carpet. The man is unwell.

Shock horror, he stumbles at points. It's proof of nothing as that's been a criticism his entire career. He's human and has a shit load going on, it's why he has a team around him.

I'm hardly an admirer of Biden but I do not think he's 'unwell'. He's very old and has a very demanding job. For various reasons (including a stammer) he has always had a serious dose of verbal diarrhoea. I'm nearly 50 years younger than him and occasionally mess up my words at work when I'm tired.

Now he's hardly a picture of energy and one would argue that at 78 years old you're unlikely to be at your peak performance mentally and physically but I haven't seen any signs of him looking unwell. Whilst Biden sounded much better a decade or so a go he still had the same verbal slip ups.

I'm hardly an admirer of Biden but I do not think he's 'unwell'. He's very old and has a very demanding job. For various reasons (including a stammer) he has always had a serious dose of verbal diarrhoea. I'm nearly 50 years younger than him and occasionally mess up my words at work when I'm tired.

Now he's hardly a picture of energy and one would argue that at 78 years old you're unlikely to be at your peak performance mentally and physically but I haven't seen any signs of him looking unwell. Whilst Biden sounded much better a decade or so a go he still had the same verbal slip ups.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Biden runs onto stage and has been seen riding a bike as well as playing vigorously with his dogs. He just goes off on a ramble he hasn't thought about the end of yet. Obama said he did it all the time, and he used to roll his eyes in meetings when Joe started one.

The stutter also creates neurological problem speaking, as well.

I wait to see what he does do, but until Covid is under control he is probably too busy to be judged on other projects just yet.