US Politics Thread | Page 606 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

The problem is they've created their own issues in the ME. If they pull out too quickly, they just leave a void that anyone can fill. Obama tried it, and look what happened.

It will take yeas to slowly restore power in the region to legitimate governments.

Trump's axis against Iran was certainly never going to create peace.

That region is just a powder keg, the #1 solution is to get away from oil and leave them without any revenue. Unfortunately potentially decades away from that being a possibility. Also, I think most of us know there is a lot of money and interest is wasting time and lives in those regions. Plenty of money for people to police that whole area, to arm their forces, and build all the equipment and machines. Its the same sort of pushback on ending the "war on drugs", police forces have no interest in ending it.

America seems to be king at building these environments that have no interest in ending what they were initially supposed to stop. Who would have thought 20 years later they'd still be in Iraq or that the war on drugs turned into an even bigger epidemic?

Well said CDX. Another great reason to move away from Oil.

Bush needed a boost in the polls, and 20 years later they are still paying for it.

The funny part is, if you mention to right wingers that pulling out of all these regional conflicts means they can reduce funding for the military it is met with horror. So American troops are going to get paid for sitting on their asses in the good old US of A, are they?

Hilarious.

Last edited:
When you take a step back from US politics and look at it at a high level it's just so absurd.

Both sides are riddled with conflicts of interest and hold contradictory viewpoints. As you say conservatives want to be fiscally conservative but have no problem launching trillions into the military. They build so much stuff that they sell military-grade equipment to police in rural towns that don't need it.

I see Sleepy Joe wasn't arsed much about MBS murdering Khashoggi. I suppose it would be pretty ironic for a US president to punish another world leader for murder, especially after he murdered 22 people in Syria.

Biden is preparing a big infrastructure spending Bill. Seeing as Trump promised this in 2016, I wonder what excuses Republicans will now come up with to attack it?

Biden is preparing a big infrastructure spending Bill. Seeing as Trump promised this in 2016, I wonder what excuses Republicans will now come up with to attack it?

They are always fiscally conservative when in opposition. I think the infrastructure bill is more important than the stimulus but I don't think Biden can get it done.

I'm not sure what Republicans have against infrastructure. It's such an easy boost to the economy.

They are always fiscally conservative when in opposition. I think the infrastructure bill is more important than the stimulus but I don't think Biden can get it done.

I'm not sure what Republicans have against infrastructure. It's such an easy boost to the economy.

Yes, and they pushed Trump to get one done, so I hope something can be agreed. It would help people so much more than the stimulus bill, as you say.

LOL, today is the big day!

QAnon believers think Trump will be inaugurated again on March 4
Law enforcement is preparing for potential threats, including from other violent extremist and militia groups, on Thursday.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...h-trump-inaugration-conspiracy-theory-militia

Qanon is a 4chan prank. It's probably their biggest prank ever but the media and law inforcement either don't care or don't want to know that it's just a bunch of teenage boys yanking boomers chains.

Olberman and Moore crossed the line in a big way, shows you how entrenched things are.

I think they have over-egged that one.

Texas doesn't want to play ball with Covid mitigation strategies. It's a political stunt. The federal government should lean on them to cut their nonsense out.

The Republicans are still trying to pretend that there is no pandemic because they don't want to interrupt businesses. It's a failed strategy that has resulted in over 500k dead. They are a disgrace.

Not sure why Biden is saying there wasnt a vaccine before his presidency when he had his vaccine weeks before he was inaugurated. Bit odd. Had he forgotten already. Poor sod.
Feel for him. He is obviously not a well man.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...ade-at-least-4-false-claims-at-town-hall/amp/

Col, you've fallen for the Trump propaganda again. Go find the whole interview. He spend 10 minutes before this sentence explaining how little vaccine stock they found, and that most of this was missing. Listen tot it in context, rather that just the right wing media selective hearing.

I think they have over-egged that one.

Texas doesn't want to play ball with Covid mitigation strategies. It's a political stunt. The federal government should lean on them to cut their nonsense out.

The Republicans are still trying to pretend that there is no pandemic because they don't want to interrupt businesses. It's a failed strategy that has resulted in over 500k dead. They are a disgrace.

Its an oddball country, I'll be highly interested to see who the state backs in case's where businesses refuse non-mask wearers entry.

Its an oddball country, I'll be highly interested to see who the state backs in case's where businesses refuse non-mask wearers entry.

I'd expect most normal people will continue to wear masks until they feel the situation is safe, regardless of what the state governor says.