US Politics Thread | Page 214 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

While I disagree with the majority of things that come out of Trumps mouth. Macron yes he got it right but only because the French as a people are much more alive to the game than the British. No big protests in France when he went there. So Macron was able to fete Trump and then get his points over. Here we do our best to insult the guy as much as possible, and so our political voice is ignored by him.
I still do not get how the speaker of the house refuses to allow Trump to address the house and yet the Chinese president is allowed to err
no I dont like Trump but at least his political opposition do not get arrested and imprisoned for speaking out against him. We do not have to like or respect the guy,but we should at least respect the Office he holds in representation of a free democracy.

There were huge protests in France when he visited. Riot Police had to be deployed.

I agree that the Chinese Presidential visit was nonsense, but there were protests against him as well.

Trump is an evil, divisive racist, and we need to let him know that it will not be accepted in our World.

There were huge protests in France when he visited. Riot Police had to be deployed.

I agree that the Chinese Presidential visit was nonsense, but there were protests against him as well.

Trump is an evil, divisive racist, and we need to let him know that it will not be accepted in our World.

Not an expert on France Heathfield my comment was based solely on the BBC reporting how clever Macron was to invite Trump on Bastille day when he knew there would be no major protests by the French people. Having said that the BBC always stand ready to have a go at any British Government Labour or Tory while glorifying the leaders of other countries. Far as I am concerned Macron is no more a shyster than the rest and is doing this to distract from his own problems with trying to reform the unions in France which he will no doubt fail to do as previous French Prime ministers have failed to do.

It seems to have backfired on him, then. I don't know what the BBC were watching, but signs saying "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA," were very much in evidence.

I agree that Macron has a big job, and one I don't really care that much about. The Unions do seem to be too strong, and that's from me who believes in the principal of Unions.

The point is, it doesn't matter that much what the people do, as long as the Politicians do their job properly. Macron has manipulated Trump superbly. He has shown just how inept our lot are. It's called diplomacy, and it's something very much missing from May and Boris's repertoire.

It sounds much like some of Nixon's rants, just before he was taken down.

Hahahaha

He is not getting taken down unless he is assasinated

There will be no impeachment/prison or whatever else you think

He will see out this term and go again for another 4 years in 2020

All the domino's are falling into place, ready for the final push

There you go BringbackMON & Heathfield two perfect examples of why
people today are confused and this time two fairly respected newspapers with conflicting reports sort of thing that if we saw in the
Sun/Mirror we would have a real go at.

Especially when the Guardian writes "US president spared vision of widespread street protests" and "Although some crowds did gather behind riot police lines holding banners with messages such as “Save the planet, resist Trump”, they were kept far from any of the locations Trump visited."

That's why I try and read such a wide range, including the Alt Right stuff. I don't think you can make an informed view avoiding the stuff you might not like.

I know for a fact that some here haven't even looked at Trump's tax bill or reduction in consumer protection, never mind the trade barriers he's creating. Those same people feel they are qualified to make a judgement, but how can you without seeing it all?

Last edited:
Like I have already stated Heathfield not a fan of Trump but I do respect the U.S.A and its people and will respect the office of President of one of our closest allies. Did not envy them their choices at the last election .

I predict them unifying north and south, a little like Germany at the end of the cold war

Would be nothing to do with Trump of course as he is an imbecile

:fish:

Very little to do with Trump. Just read the Korean, Japanese or Chinese press to see what's really happening. Moon is a star.

I can't see a unification, either. Nobody has much enthusiasm for that. The sheer cost of modernising the North is a huge deterrent.

Last edited:
It does seem to be a used official court number, the contents are still an interesting read
Contents are irrelevant and a fabrication if they are faking the docket. It falls at the first hurdle of 'bullshit'. Lord of the Rings was an interesting read...interest isn't a standard.

Does the Korea story deserve it's own thread, because I just don't see how it comes under the Trump one? I commented in the Interesting thread this morning on it, but it's potentially such a huge story, perhaps it should be a new discussion?

The House Intelligence Committee has issued it's report on Trump's Russian collusion, and guess what? They found him innocent.

The fact that it was Trump lackey Nunes that ran it, and that they didn't interview any of the key people involved does not in any way diminish this report. :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:

Get a grip Heath, you're so desperate for Trump to be charged with something you're just not listening to anyone else's opinion

there was no collusion if there was do you not think the Mueller would have found something after 18 MONTHS OF INVESTIGATING!!!?

I hate to tell you, but Mueller has found plenty.

You need to look into how he took down the Gambino family to see how he works. He's a very patient man.

A decent article on Korea.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rump-korean-war-nuclear-weapons-a8326321.html

Dr TJ Pempel, a professor at the University of California-Berkeley told The Independent while Mr Trump “deserves some credit but not as much as he’s taking”. While the United Nations sanctions on Pyongyang involved the US push from Ambassador Nikki Haley, that is “hardly the whole story”, Mr Pempel said.

China’s agreement to the sanctions was far more important,” he noted. The important point to note, he said, was that North Korea developed its nuclear programme considerably after Mr Trump took office. “The North is convinced that it has the upper hand in negotiations because of its nuclear and missile testing successes; the US thinks it has the upper hand because it believes Kim is negotiating because of the sanctions. It’s the combination that has triggered the North’s willingness to sit down”.