US Politics Thread | Page 213 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

And that is it. He's a Politician, and a diplomat. I bet Trump is seething, but there is nothing he can do after being so complimentary of him.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be proud of the French!!! That is the damage that Trump has done.
Damning with feint praise also comes to mind. And yup, boxes Trump into a corner masterfully.

That's definitely a backhanded compliment though Heath lol

Trump had a bot of a rant on Fox this morning. He doesn't sound very happy.

One revelation amongst the many unhinged comments was that he admitted that Cohen was his Attorney in relation to Stormy Daniels. Poor Cohen has been denying this all along, but his boss has just dumped him right in it, and made the job very difficult for Trump's lawyers now.

Stormy is winning, bigly.

If you've got the time, try and read up on it. A typical trump unscripted rant. I wonder if it was from his private phone? Apparently he's been using it to avoid being censored or recorded. Lock him up!!!!!

IG Report is due out in 2 weeks time, going to be very interesting reading

Here’s Why Jeff Sessions Might Be Playing 4-D Chess
By
Larry Schweikart
-
Apr 25, 2018

JEFFSESSIONS99-1200x630.jpg

Jeff Sessions’ Elegant Counter-Coup
In January 2017, right before the inauguration, I was in Trump Tower with Steve Bannon.

“What about Hillary?” I asked. “You gonna prosecute her?”

He waved me off. “That’s Sessions’ deal.”

On March 2, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from “any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.” Everyone forgot the line that followed: “This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation,” he added. But what he did not say was that the announcement should not be interpreted as denial of the existence of any such investigation.”

The Swamp—and virtually all of the hysterical right that was conditioned to being stabbed in the back by its elected or appointed officials—merely assumed that no investigation was going on.
Surprise.

In fact, Sessions inherited an ongoing investigation by the Inspector General Michael Horowitz. There was an investigation under way (perhaps many) at the very moment Sessions uttered those words. Horowitz had been, in the words of Arlo Guthrie, “oppressed, suppressed, repressed sitting on the Group W bench.” His legitimate investigations under the Obama regime had been squelched, sidetracked, or unceremoniously cancelled. Horowitz was one of those rare Washington creatures: a man who actually has a sense of honesty in his mission.

From the first moments in the administration, Jeff Sessions knew what he had in Horowitz. It’s not clear exactly when the plan came to Sessions, but clearly, it was before his recusal. Both Trump and Sessions after the election had been shocked to see the level of hostility by the left to a duly constituted American election.

Sessions personally found people he formerly thought of as friends in the Senate accusing him of the most vile attitudes. He was painted as the Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan—an organization he had crushed as Attorney General in Alabama.

Trump had already told Rush Limbaugh he was shocked at the level of vitriol that remained by January but had now understood it would not evaporate quickly. If it took Sessions any longer, it’s doubtful once his confirmation hearings concluded that he was under any illusions as to the enemy he faced.

You can read the rest here

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/heres-jeff-sessions-might-playing-4-d-chess/

You need to stop reading and believing the swamp Tubbz if you want it to be drained.

Any answer to the fake news post earlier with a proven fraudulent court docket number?

You need to stop reading and believing the swamp Tubbz if you want it to be drained.

Any answer to the fake news post earlier with a proven fraudulent court docket number?

It does seem to be a used official court number, the contents are still an interesting read

Did you not hear his phonecall to Fox & Friends yesterday? Even the presenters looked shocked, and they cut him off before he did any more damage to himself.

While I disagree with the majority of things that come out of Trumps mouth. Macron yes he got it right but only because the French as a people are much more alive to the game than the British. No big protests in France when he went there. So Macron was able to fete Trump and then get his points over. Here we do our best to insult the guy as much as possible, and so our political voice is ignored by him.
I still do not get how the speaker of the house refuses to allow Trump to address the house and yet the Chinese president is allowed to err
no I dont like Trump but at least his political opposition do not get arrested and imprisoned for speaking out against him. We do not have to like or respect the guy,but we should at least respect the Office he holds in representation of a free democracy.

Did you not hear his phonecall to Fox & Friends yesterday? Even the presenters looked shocked, and they cut him off before he did any more damage to himself.

Nope, I don't really watch Fox bar a couple of clips on Twitter

I'm not actually a fan of their style either but I will say that of all the news presenters at Fox, Tucker Carlson seems to be the most honest of them all, the rest seem to go for sensationalism

Nope, I don't really watch Fox bar a couple of clips on Twitter

I'm not actually a fan of their style either but I will say that of all the news presenters at Fox, Tucker Carlson seems to be the most honest of them all, the rest seem to go for sensationalism

Have a look for it. He was in full meltdown. It's brilliant. He dumped Cohen right in it, and was largely incoherent, barely finishing a sentence before launching into his next attack.

It sounds much like some of Nixon's rants, just before he was taken down.