Troy Parrott - Player Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Troy Parrott - Player Thread

I've not heard of this before, but I've been told that he needs to be at the parent clube for 2 yrs continuously to qualify as HG. His birthday is next week? So if he had turned 18 (2yr anniversary w the club) prior to the close of the window, he would've qualified as HG and sent on loan. But because he was a few days shy, they're keeping him for the HG qualification purposes.

This may all be completely made up, Ive no idea what this rule requires.

But it may work out for us in getting to see what the kid is made of this season.

It's about CL club trained players not homegrown. But he has til 21 to qualify for that anyway and loaning him for 6 months won't matter.

I've not heard of this before, but I've been told that he needs to be at the parent clube for 2 yrs continuously to qualify as HG. His birthday is next week? So if he had turned 18 (2yr anniversary w the club) prior to the close of the window, he would've qualified as HG and sent on loan. But because he was a few days shy, they're keeping him for the HG qualification purposes.

This may all be completely made up, Ive no idea what this rule requires.

But it may work out for us in getting to see what the kid is made of this season.

Not sure where you get that all from, to be homegrown:

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Once a player is signed to your club in their jurisdiction; you can do whatever you like with him for the duration of his contract.

e.g. I sign for Spurs, so my papers filed with the English FA and six months later I'm loaned to Chicago fire, then even though I stay there, Spurs keep my registration for the next 3 years, so I'm technically 'home-grown' even if I adopt US citizenship whilst there.