Troy Parrott - Player Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Troy Parrott - Player Thread

Yeah, but Lamela and Gedson managed to get themselves on the ball constantly. They were obviously doing things that made then relevant in the game. Parrott wasn't in my mind. Can you imagine how busy a 25 year old Defoe or Keane would have been coming on in that situation. That's what I was hoping to see.

I agree but he did work hard and made some intelligent runs.He is not ready to start but in a better team he would get goals

Couldn't really make a judgement either way; couple of nice touches, worked hard, but we were so disjointed by then he could have been and could be anything.

At the moment it certainly looks like Jose has it right, we need to show some patience here.

‘The penalty is nothing. He is a penalty taker in the under-23s, he scores every one in the unders. said JM

‘He was so confident, he wanted to take one, he wanted to take the responsibility, it’s an experience in his career. ‘The problem is not his experience. The problem is the 30 minutes before.

‘Now people can see that he has to work a lot so don’t think that Parrott is the second Harry Kane because he’s just a young kid that needs to work. ‘Let’s forget the penalty because we all miss the penalties, it was not Troy.’

Point scoring for the loud ironic cheer he got as he was brought on. Despicable.

Kane had to work so hard to get himself where he has. Countless loans, dedicated training and determination. Maybe Jose is trying to impress upon Troy not to get too big for his boots. The question for me is.....playing without a striker.....is it better than playing one that ain't ready ?

If you compare the 4 subs, I have no issue with Jose using Parrott as the extra time one

Gedson added intensity and energy to the game but was perhaps over-elaborate at times.
Lamela did his normal thing and added quality on the ball and impetus.
Ndombele was fantastic in possesion and I felt got Gio going again. The pair of them worked well.

Jose was right in my mind to make Parrott the last change after he was allocated the additional sub. He also did it early enough to allow Troy to make an impact. Unfortunately, he didn't whereas the other 3 did.

He just needs to get his head down and hope for a better impact next time round.

Kane had to work so hard to get himself where he has. Countless loans, dedicated training and determination. Maybe Jose is trying to impress upon Troy not to get too big for his boots. The question for me is.....playing without a striker.....is it better than playing one that ain't ready ?

Well you know my view if the man you've got to convince isn't convinced why do we assume we know better?

Well you know my view if the man you've got to convince isn't convinced why do we assume we know better?

We dont, well you might with inside knowledge . I have only seen him play short cameos in 3 games and some limited training ground video where he looked miserable. He cant have pulled any trees up in training. He might impress against 18 year olds and stand out as did Skipp but the next level is not so easy. I remember Skipp dropping back down to the U 23s as was not getting enough game time and the report was he was head and shoulders above the others is class.

We dont, well you might with inside knowledge . I have only seen him play short cameos in 3 games and some limited training ground video where he looked miserable. He cant have pulled any trees up in training. He might impress against 18 year olds and stand out as did Skipp but the next level is not so easy. I remember Skipp dropping back down to the U 23s as was not getting enough game time and the report was he was head and shoulders above the others is class.

There's no question he's got skills, but there is also no question in my mind is he needs at least a season of competitive football to see how he really measures up - and he's not going to get with us.

So we've got 2 more games in close succession. We have Davies and potentially Sess fit for selection on top of the 18 man Norwich squad. Does Parrott have to step down?

So confirmed that Parrott has followed in Kanes footsteps. He's gone to Millwall on loan. Looking forward to seeing whether he can play off the shoulder of the last defender :-)

Hopefully it is more of following Kane's footsteps rather than Obika....

Good to see this sorted out nice and early so he can get training with them from the very start of pre season.