Troy Parrott - Player Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Troy Parrott - Player Thread

Hello mate about time you started posting.
Me I would prove him wrong . Work harder in training stay behind and do more training. What Jose said would really piss me off but you sometimes just have to take it even if you think it is incorrect and unfair. You have to have a tough outer shell to be a pro.

Cheers mate .
Thought so just thought I would double check.👍

Hello mate about time you started posting.
Me I would prove him wrong . Work harder in training stay behind and do more training. What Jose said would really piss me off but you sometimes just have to take it even if you think it is incorrect and unfair. You have to have a tough outer shell to be a pro.

Possibly exactly Jose's thoughts. Come on punk....prove me wrong then. Wanting a reaction. Show me how good you are billy big bollox.

Tottenham Hotspur
Jose Mourinho confirms what will happen if Troy Parrott scores against Norwich City

The Republic of Ireland international has to do a lot more to earn the Tottenham manager’s trust.

19d864436c848e7ab36b894fdfc8f170

By
Mathew Nash

Published on March 4, 2020

Jose Mourinho has once again been discussing the first-team prospects of Tottenham Hotspur forward Troy Parrott.

With Harry Kane and Heung-min Son both injured, plenty of Spurs fans and pundits have wanted to see the Republic of Ireland talent given a first-team chance.
However, Mourinho has insisted Parrott is not ready and the 18-year-old has not been given a shot by the Portuguese.
This evening, Tottenham take on Norwich City in the FA Cup and plenty of fans are hopeful that this might be the teenager’s opportunity.
(Photo by IAN KINGTON/AFP via Getty Images)
However, even if Parrott does score against the Canaries this week, he will go straight back to the under-23s.

That is according to Mourinho, who is quoted by the Daily Mail as suggesting Parrott would not automatically be promoted to regular first-team football with an impressive display tonight.
Copenhagen Preview: Can Celtic reach the last 16 of the Europa League?

The Tottenham boss explained that it is a question of attitude with Parrott, who needs to work harder in under-23 games to show he is prepared for life in the first-team.

“This is the way you work with kids and if, in these generations, kids, they have things too easy in life, I think it’s part of the education to also see the other side.
“I think Troy will come even stronger and stronger when everything happens step by step. And not immediately. Because he is not ready for immediately. So it is a process.
“If he plays [against Norwich] and he scores the winning goal, and he is the back page of your newspapers, nothing changes. The next week he goes again to play for the U23s. Everything is a process.”

Tottenham Hotspur
Jose Mourinho confirms what will happen if Troy Parrott scores against Norwich City

The Republic of Ireland international has to do a lot more to earn the Tottenham manager’s trust.

19d864436c848e7ab36b894fdfc8f170

By
Mathew Nash

Published on March 4, 2020

Jose Mourinho has once again been discussing the first-team prospects of Tottenham Hotspur forward Troy Parrott.

With Harry Kane and Heung-min Son both injured, plenty of Spurs fans and pundits have wanted to see the Republic of Ireland talent given a first-team chance.
However, Mourinho has insisted Parrott is not ready and the 18-year-old has not been given a shot by the Portuguese.
This evening, Tottenham take on Norwich City in the FA Cup and plenty of fans are hopeful that this might be the teenager’s opportunity.
(Photo by IAN KINGTON/AFP via Getty Images)
However, even if Parrott does score against the Canaries this week, he will go straight back to the under-23s.

That is according to Mourinho, who is quoted by the Daily Mail as suggesting Parrott would not automatically be promoted to regular first-team football with an impressive display tonight.
Copenhagen Preview: Can Celtic reach the last 16 of the Europa League?

The Tottenham boss explained that it is a question of attitude with Parrott, who needs to work harder in under-23 games to show he is prepared for life in the first-team.

“This is the way you work with kids and if, in these generations, kids, they have things too easy in life, I think it’s part of the education to also see the other side.
“I think Troy will come even stronger and stronger when everything happens step by step. And not immediately. Because he is not ready for immediately. So it is a process.
“If he plays [against Norwich] and he scores the winning goal, and he is the back page of your newspapers, nothing changes. The next week he goes again to play for the U23s. Everything is a process.”
He also said in that interview that he had the same problem with Scott McTomeney at UTD where he thought he was too good to be playing with the U23s and wasn’t putting the effort into those games. Jose told him that when he plays with the U23s he has to show that he is a special talent and use it to the advantage of that team...that advice worked out well didn’t it and Scott is now well established in UTD’s first team....Parrott is being put through the same process by all accounts.

As for all this ‘keep it in house’ stuff I think people are ascribing how they might feel about it if they were Parrott but they are not, probably never met the lad and have no idea what he is thinking or for that matter just how ready he is to step into the team...its all opinions and the only one that counts is Jose’s.

He also said in that interview that he had the same problem with Scott McTomeney at UTD where he thought he was too good to be playing with the U23s and wasn’t putting the effort into those games. Jose told him that when he plays with the U23s he has to show that he is a special talent and use it to the advantage of that team...that advice worked out well didn’t it and Scott is now well established in UTD’s first team....Parrott is being put through the same process by all accounts.

As for all this ‘keep it in house’ stuff I think people are ascribing how they might feel about it if they were Parrott but they are not, probably never met the lad and have no idea what he is thinking or for that matter just how ready he is to step into the team...its all opinions and the only one that counts is Jose’s.

All I know is he's the coach and if Parrott was knocking his socks off in training, he'd be gagging to use him, but he's not.

So it's his decision and I've always thought it odd why fans who don't attend the training centre/academy make these calls - it's downright bizarre; must admit I'm impressed how Jose keeps his temper with all these stupid questions.

Last edited:

Does get you thinking back to the New Stadium opening test event where Skipp looked another level to every other player on that pitch. He looked like the first teamer amongst boys. He's only 19 now, yet doesn't get any playing time for the U23's or sub appearances for the 1st team even though he's constantly training with the squad. I get the stance on Parrott but not sure I'm understanding the stance with Skipp.

Does get you thinking back to the New Stadium opening test event where Skipp looked another level to every other player on that pitch. He looked like the first teamer amongst boys. He's only 19 now, yet doesn't get any playing time for the U23's or sub appearances for the 1st team even though he's constantly training with the squad. I get the stance on Parrott but not sure I'm understanding the stance with Skipp.
Jose has been speaking very highly of Skipp, but something he said in an interview gave me the impression he is trying to strike a balance at the moment between results and assessing the @abilities of all his squad so I would hope we will see Skip soon.

Possibly exactly Jose's thoughts. Come on punk....prove me wrong then. Wanting a reaction. Show me how good you are billy big bollox.

I can get that but not in public. He is making out that Troy is a problem when he is not. Plus this week's game for the u23s was Troy's first since Jose arrived. How can he prove himself how can he do much more than have very little match sharpness but then still score within 8 minutes of your first game in ages . I am not saying Troy is the new Rooney being top class at 18 but we will never know if he is not given more than 5 minutes.

I can get that but not in public. He is making out that Troy is a problem when he is not. Plus this week's game for the u23s was Troy's first since Jose arrived. How can he prove himself how can he do much more than have very little match sharpness but then still score within 8 minutes of your first game in ages . I am not saying Troy is the new Rooney being top class at 18 but we will never know if he is not given more than 5 minutes.

So in last nights game Chelsea stuck Billy Gilmour in centre mid. I'd never heard of him. Turns out he's Scotish, 5'6" and 18 years old. He got MoM. In the same game, Klopp picked 18 year old Neco Williams at RB.

For me, this is how these cup games should play out. 10 experienced senior 1st teamers with a kid thrown in. The youngsters rarely struggle when they have that experience around them and quite regularly you see them excel. A tried and trusted formula based on a manager's judgment of which player is most deserving of that chance in that given game.

So I don't believe for one minute that Jose is making out Troy is a problem. In fact, from his recent experience of nurturing his own son from 17 to 21 I see him as more a protective father figure. I think he is saying the right things to protect him but letting enough info out subtly to inspire and motivate the lad to do the right things. The rest is just media and fans doing the 2 +2 = 5 thing.

It does come down to when we're going to see Jose blood a youngster though. Whether it's Troy, Skipp or even someone like Bowden, this is the FA Cup round to be doing it as proven by Klopp and Lamps.

It was just a tap in. Actually Pochettino Junior deserves the credit. I'm not denigrating Parrott , I only saw the goal, not the 45 minutes.

I get the impression Jose is not impressed by Troy's Billy Big Bollox attitude. He wants him to show more humility with his fellow players at U 23 level.

Poch Junior looks to be a right sided winger, strong, built like his Dad. Crossing features in some YouTube clips quite well.

When you think about it, coming on in extra time playing against a defence who are dead on their feet and cramping up should be time to fill your boots. I'm not sure what happened with Parrott tonight. He'll be disappointed that he made no material impact on the game and would know he is better than that.

I'm sure the press will focus on the penalty, but that's irrelevant.

When you think about it, coming on in extra time playing against a defence who are dead on their feet and cramping up should be time to fill your boots. I'm not sure what happened with Parrott tonight. He'll be disappointed that he made no material impact on the game and would know he is better than that.

I'm sure the press will focus on the penalty, but that's irrelevant.

Know one passed to him.There were no crosses and only one though ball from lamela to los.Not much you can do if everyone else who should be setting you up want to score themselves.

Know one passed to him.There were no crosses and only one though ball from lamela to los.Not much you can do if everyone else who should be setting you up want to score themselves.

Yeah, but Lamela and Gedson managed to get themselves on the ball constantly. They were obviously doing things that made then relevant in the game. Parrott wasn't in my mind. Can you imagine how busy a 25 year old Defoe or Keane would have been coming on in that situation. That's what I was hoping to see.