T’Rovers | Page 3 | Vital Football

T’Rovers

Lots of top performances tonight. Vaughan, Windass, Morsy, Kipre. To be honest I thought everyone played well other than Byrne. He needs to go in the gym because I’m tired of Bradley Dack leaving him in a heap on the floor. They were awful, I couldn’t believe how bad they were. Mistake starting Powell as well, four days after a hamstring tweak is madness!

Massive game Saturday, we’ll never get a better chance to beat them. Feel sorry for anyone not going!

Good to see Vaughan pick up where he left off at Millwall, i said back then i thought that was his best game for us so far, thought he possibly bettered it tonight. Also both games playing similar roles with Windass. Vaughan's ability to win headers in the past two and his running into the channels was good to see. He used to start on the wrong side of the play, work his socks off but had a terrible starting position which mostly just ended up in him chasing rather then collecting the ball.

Evans was brilliant, good to see those deep cross balls whipped into the box with pace and angle. Also i tend to forget how good he is at intercepting and reading the game when he's not been in the side for a while.

Windass had his best game for us so far, for me at least. Without the assist and the pen, his general play, movement off the ball and running with the ball was better. Possibly due to playing with Vaughan who knows, we'll find out as he plays with different players in the attacking third.

Naismith again did a solid job at left back, pulled out of one tackle but did well to get back and recover. Could end up coming good in the long run. If his conditioning can improve to the point where it is now compared to the start of the season, who knows how much he could progress for us even though he's 26. Usually a sign that he work's hard in training, at least currently.

Roberts goal was brilliant and he continues to perform above expectations, whilst not always shining he gives it everything, every time.

Was good to see two performances back to back where we were the better team. Could of scored more than 3 tonight and were unlucky to concede. Couldn't go to to night, looking forward to Bolton.

Much better performance with an obvious change in the approach compared to recent games. Back to pressing and winning the ball high before moving forward much quicker to put the defence under pressure. Excellent stuff.

Not seen Robert’s goal yet but heard it was a cracker. Good penalty by Vaughan and good play by Windass to set up Macca and seal the win after a brief scare when Rovers got one back from nowhere.

They rarely troubled us whereas their woodwork took a beating and we could have had a hatful bar some good stops by their keeper and with cooler finishing.

More of that on Saturday and every game going forward home and away please Mr Cook.

Recreated our early seasons performances tonight, excellent all around the pitch,special mention for Vaughan who was immense,and Morsy who was back to his best.
We made Blackburn look piss poor, looking forward to Wish FM on Saturday now.

Flashback to early season attitude, getting stuck in from the off and high pressing, (Mulgrew didn’t know what day it was). We played better after a clearly unfit Powell went off and the Windass/Vaughan combo came off.
Looking forward to Bolton now, but they expended a lot of energy tonight, we really need to see something same or similar on Saturday and we’ll get the win.

Good all round team performance.
Just shows what a bit of confidence from not losing a game can bring.
We actually played better after Powell went off, but I was concerned when he did as we had no playmaker.
I wasn't sure when I saw the team lineup, but credit to Cook for his tactics with those players.
Windass showed why he was bought, Roberts was everywhere and Vaughan had a great game. Kipre at the back was solid and Naismith as good as Robinson at LB, a couple of mistakes but he managed to retrieve the situation. MOM either Roberts or Vaughan.

Attendance 10,777...They must have brought close on 3 so looks like we had less than 8. Pathetic and what the hell do folk want ?

Scrap the red button.

Well done Latics on a great win. Should help the confidence for the game at Norwich
Turning point when Powell went off injured with Windass coming on and giving a man of the match performance. Credit when it's due and Josh Windass had a belter. Also great to see the forgotten man come on and seal the win. Well done Callum. Well done all.

Attendance 10,777...They must have brought close on 3 so looks like we had less than 8. Pathetic and what the hell do folk want ?

Scrap the red button.
2148 from Blackburn so over 8500 home fan's but season tickets count but in reality many season card holders didn't attend and the 8500 is about our average for home games.