T’Rovers | Page 2 | Vital Football

T’Rovers

• Thread starter removed at members request
  • Start date
Nobbers put four past Rovers so we should expect a win. 2-0 Latics.

They put 4 past us without reply...

However, I need to be optimistic otherwise what’s the point in supporting?

Change of approach, Grigg back in, Evans for Gibson, Windass excelling at No.10 position and Macca bombing down the wing. A barnstorming 3-2 thriller like we had at the start of the season and positivity to continue onto the derby at the weekend.

Should hope Windass is either in the stands catching up on twitter or at the most on the bench. With Morsy moved up into attacking mid with McDonald and Evans in defensive mid. Nathan Byrne at right back and James at left back. Hopefully Cooky has forgiven Sharpey and Macca could make a start or play some part with Audrey on the left leaving Grigg to feed on scraps up top on his own.
In reality Naismith, Windass, Gibson and Conolly will start with Garner flapping around argueing for 85 mins before Grigg comes on to grab two goals.

This will not happen - ever ?

It would be a dark day indeed on here if it ever did.

You’d be able to identify Vital Wigan posters in the stands pretty easily though if Naismith ever did contribute to a goal - they’d be the ones crying their eyes out in their seats whilst the rest of the stand cheers and applauds! ?

You’d be able to identify Vital Wigan posters in the stands pretty easily though if Naismith ever did contribute to a goal - they’d be the ones crying their eyes out in their seats whilst the rest of the stand cheers and applauds! ?
What about the one in the 39th minute against Sheffield Utd, or did I dream that ?

I just hope we go out and have a go
Grigg will start ,hope Conolly dose not
Armstrongs pace will cause problems

Had everyone been fit I’d have said nailed on draw as nothing seperated us last season and I don’t think we have anything between us this season either. But our injuries gives them a big edge. Expect Dack and Armstrong to go straight after Naismith for starters.

Assuming Armstrong gets his token goal against us, we’ll be in for a tough night..
This is a Darby man it will be a cracker load of goles 3-2 up the tics ?

Im guessing if he gets torn a new one tonight you'll be at the front in your late 80s Elgrin jacket clapping like a demented seal, waving your pom poms and shaking your tambourine?

Win, lose or draw tonight is not a prime concern to me, the away games against Bolton and Ipswich however are crucial to our survival in this division as losses to them would draw us ever closer to the relegation zone. Any points tonight and against Derby would ease the situation but it is imperative we keep Bolton and Ipswich in deep doodah by denying them the opportunity to move closer to us. I would be happy with a nil-nil tonight and the opportunity to open the gap to five points over Hull and Bolton.

What about the one in the 39th minute against Sheffield Utd, or did I dream that ?
You didn’t dream it. You also didn’t dream the two goals he went on to cost us in the second half with individual errors either!

Didn't know he was the only defender on the pitch at SU, to me there were at least 4 or 5 others who could have had a bearing on it
He wasn’t the only defender on the pitch. He was the only defender to pass the ball straight the opposition, leading to the ball going into the back of our own net less than 10 seconds later.

Think Evans coming back in was an obvious choice. Hopefully Roberts has the legs for this one too. Not overly inspiring, but there's plenty of power on the bench for the latter stages. Keeping an open mind and forcing myself to be optimistic. 2-0

Think Evans coming back in was an obvious choice. Hopefully Roberts has the legs for this one too. Not overly inspiring, but there's plenty of power on the bench for the latter stages. Keeping an open mind and forcing myself to be optimistic. 2-0

Would have stuck Connolly at left back but other than that it's probably the best side we could have put out if he refuses to use Mcmanaman.

Good that Powell is fit (assuming that he actually is). Not so good that Grigg not ready to start as don’t see Vaughan worrying them too much and also Macca’s exclusion continues to baffle given how poor those playing regularly have been for several games now.

Still going 3-2 though if we play positive and bring Grigg and Macca off the bench when they’re tired.

What a performance so far. Scored a goal, hit the woodwork twice and Windass has also managed to clear a certain goal off the Blackburn goal line.....