T’Rovers | Vital Football

T’Rovers

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Had everyone been fit I’d have said nailed on draw as nothing seperated us last season and I don’t think we have anything between us this season either. But our injuries gives them a big edge. Expect Dack and Armstrong to go straight after Naismith for starters.

Assuming Armstrong gets his token goal against us, we’ll be in for a tough night..

Hopefully Macca will start & then let's see how good their left back is. We need Grigg & Powell fit obviously otherwise it could be painful to watch

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive defeat in this. They'll rip us apart down the left and I guess we'll be looking to limit the damage.

Can't see anything other than a comprehensive defeat in this. They'll rip us apart down the left and I guess we'll be looking to limit the damage.

I think you're forgetting how many times Burn had to cover Elder last season. That is definitely one of Burns main strengths and the fact that he is actually a bit quicker than he looks.

Last edited:
Optimist? ....... Nah...........you're expecting us to concede a goal ;)

I'm hoping we'll carry on with our new found frugality from t'weekend, as well as starting to convert some of our chances into goals.

3 baht.
Agree there Moonay,i just chickened out of a clean sheet prediction!:yes:

Optimist? ....... Nah...........you're expecting us to concede a goal ;)

I'm hoping we'll carry on with our new found frugality from t'weekend, as well as starting to convert some of our chances into goals.

3 baht.

Have you started early on the Aldi red?

I’m hoping for a 2-1 Wigan win, with a Naismith winner followed by a cupped ear celebration leaving the Vital Latics community dejected, confused and unsure how to carry on in the weeks ahead after such a devastating blow.

How many games did you go to when we were in the Prem? I must have spent every game for eight years going in expecting us to lose! :LOL:

I suppose those years were a bit different, but then again, given our crackin' start in that first season, we just took things in our stride.

After that, it was a bit more up and down. We were capable of winning most of the games we played, and though PJ's & SB's record against the "big clubs" was atrocious, under Bob, we even showed that we we could do anyone.

To be fair, replace "expect" with "hope" ........ tomorrow though, every team has to bounce back some time, and I just hope that we give Rovers a cluttering.

Last edited:
To be fair to Steve Bruce we got our first points against the big clubs under him & Paul Scharner was interviewed after he arrived and said for the first time they were going into these games believing they could get something out of them

Difficult to be optimistic at the moment, even after a glass or two of vinho mondo! We have no pace or forward threat, compared to them. So, it's a pessimistic 0-2, I'm afraid, and maybe a couple of receptacles of red ( from EU vineyards, of course!) to drown my sorrows.

I’m hoping for a 2-1 Wigan win, with a Naismith winner followed by a cupped ear celebration leaving the Vital Latics community dejected, confused and unsure how to carry on in the weeks ahead after such a devastating blow.
This will not happen - ever ?

To be fair to Steve Bruce we got our first points against the big clubs under him & Paul Scharner was interviewed after he arrived and said for the first time they were going into these games believing they could get something out of them
Could he do it again.......?