Trippier not good enough - again.. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Trippier not good enough - again..

I couldn't believe how unassuming and quietly spoken he was, he was also a lot smaller than I had imagine. He was such a lovely man.

Mine too, in those days it was unusual to have full backs with skills. Some of the things Cyril did back then were outrageous
Can you remember his stupid little time wasting technique when he tried to pick the ball up for a throw in or free kick ,but as he bent down to pick it up ,he would catch the ball with his foot and knock it out of his hands , then walk up to the ball again , bend down to pick it up but kick it out of his hands again . All the time protesting his innocence to the ref .
What a character , what a player

Sorry, he was dreadful yet again.

His poor possession, his lax marking, the one thing he is supposed to be good at - his crossing, seems to have deserted him for much of this season.

I wonder how much longer Poch will put up with these types of performances from him?

Trips hasn't suddenly changed though. He has never been a great defender. His positional sense, marking and ability with the ball at his feet has always been questionable. He always had a great attitude though and was optimising the abilities he had a lot of the time. Crossing was clearly top of that list. The World Cup kudos didn't change a thing in my mind.

The challenge to overcome is the homegrown restrictions and the genuine lack of quality and available full-backs in the game today. There's also the reality that Aurier hasn't managed to be fit for selection for 5 consecutive games for the entire season. He won't nail down that RB slot unless he becomes more durable, even if his performances are improving.

What a turn around, he looks like half the player he was last season and in the World Cup.

I'd get rid while he is still worth some money, I don't think KWP can do any worse.

He was very decent against Chelsea defensively, they didn't get a sniff down his side all game - they decided to try and target Rose as a result (who also played well). I've never been a huge fan of his but for further balance didn't he get an assist two games ago?

Crossing is a statistically poor way of creating chances, which is a large reason why 4-4-2 with old fashioned wingers has all but been abandoned. You're more likely to lose possession than you are to create a goal. Even if you go back to Beckham era he had far more games where his crosses didn't create a goal scoring opportunity than he did where he got an assist. Tripps is far better than many others at it, but I don't think it should compensate for the fact that he doesn't have the pace to get down the other end to defend a counter when we lose possession.

As with Muttley, I suspect he'd have lost his place to Aurier if Aurier hadn't been injury prone.

Tripps achieved 9 assists in 35 games last season.

Great, another 10 or so and he will break even with the amount of goals he has given away.

Absolute liability, his crossing isnt even that good.

Sell him whilst he still has value - I am not sure who too as his so bad defensively he would be useless to a team in the bottom of the table.

Trippier's crossing is fine but if that's all he offers (and it is) then time to move on. Give me a dynamic, fullback/wingback with pace and a least a modicum of football sense.

Don't forget Stephen Carr...he used to bomb down the wing and could defend as well...ahead of his time as wing backs were not the norm then.. 270 league appearances 8 goals as well

Tripps will never be a good enough wing back in a back 4.

It baffles me why Poch has continued with this.

We need a new RB/RWB. Aurier is injury prone and a brain dead moron. Tripps is a crap defender. Looks like the the world cup has gone to his head.

I would sell both. Both can be replaced.

Great, another 10 or so and he will break even with the amount of goals he has given away.

Absolute liability, his crossing isnt even that good.

Sell him whilst he still has value - I am not sure who too as his so bad defensively he would be useless to a team in the bottom of the table.
Everton, they are the only one silly enough. We need to buy Tierny sharpish. There's no way we'd get Chilwell although he ticks a few boxes for us squad wise.I meant to add I'd also go get the lad at Monaco they are a mess and his form has desserts him but he has all the gifts to be a world class Wing/fullback. Is it Henrichs?

A year ago Sissoko was a donkey.

Truth...shows you that if you give a dude a chance and a run of games...they can surprise you.

I wonder sometimes how many great players we have wasted or ruined over the years simply because they are never given a significant run. Jansen is the first that comes to mind, but Llorente may all in that boat as well.

I know I focus on Kane never being sub'd out and hell even bringing him on in slop time when the game is secure. We are paying that price now with Kane taking a knock.

Completely different.

Trippier has been a shite defender for 3 seasons and he plays every week.

Can't speak for NRD, but I am not sure if he is defending Tripps with his statement about Sissoko being a donkey a year ago. I thought maybe he was more defending Aurier. I for one haven't given up on Aurier yet, he hasn't played enough for me to judge him yet. Tripps on the other hand has proven to be too inconsistent and unfortunately defenders mistakes are amplified.

I am pissed at Tripps like most I guess. But that doesn't mean I want him gone. I want him and our coaches to sort it out. Sissoko had the balls to fight for his place, put in the work and follow instructions. He makes mistakes but is pretty disciplined in his role.

I hope Tripps can sort himself out. It's decision making for me being the main problem. He puts in some decent blocks in defence . At the moment he needs help and Sissoko usually provides that .

I am pissed at Tripps like most I guess. But that doesn't mean I want him gone. I want him and our coaches to sort it out. Sissoko had the balls to fight for his place, put in the work and follow instructions. He makes mistakes but is pretty disciplined in his role.

I hope Tripps can sort himself out. It's decision making for me being the main problem. He puts in some decent blocks in defence . At the moment he needs help and Sissoko usually provides that .

If he requires that level of help he shouldn’t be in team