Trippier not good enough - again.. | Vital Football

Trippier not good enough - again..

Spursex

Alert Team
That is accordig to the twitterarty Spurs fans..and he is getting early ALL the flack for our loss....

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/tottenham-fans-are-upset-with-kieran-trippier-after-losing-to-juventus

Tottenham fans are upset with Kieran Trippier after losing to Juventus
by John McGinley @jhnmcgnly share
Facebook Twitter Pocket Pocket Pocket Addthis
8/3/2018 | 07:45am

Tottenham Hotspur were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night after conceding two goals in three second-half minutes to Juventus.

The tie was evenly balanced at 2-2 heading into the second leg of the tie at Wembley and after Son Heung-min scored six minutes before the interval, Spurs fans were dreaming of a quarter-final place.

However, last year’s finalists rallied and scored through Gonzalo Higuain and Paul Dybala after half-time to win 4-3 on aggregate.

While some supporters feel it was a creditable attempt to knock out a quality and experienced European side, others were left frustrated at individual errors and the defensive collapse.
Watch: Pep Guardiola’s 5 worst defeats ever

Much of the criticism was aimed at Kieran Trippier, who was left flat footed against Dybala for Juventus’ second of the night, the Argentinian racing through onto a forward ball to have a clear shot at goal.

Some believe that small margins like that are hampering Tottenham’s ability to take their ambitions to the next level.

Can they improve on Trippier this summer?

Fans took to Twitter to share their thoughts…

Ooops, it's all changed, now Vert is being labelled 'the worst player'...who cost us the game...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/tottenham-fans-fume-one-player-despite-v-juventus/

and last but not least, Lineker blames Poch for putting on Lamela... (Rich will be pleased!)..

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/07/gary-lineker-blames-mauricio-pochettino-for-decision-which-cost/

Nope it was none of them, it was Dier's fault now..

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/tottenham-fans-slam-eric-dier-after-juventus-performance

In Serge and Trips we have two very good back up right backs.

Spursex - 8/3/2018 11:36

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/tottenham-fans-slam-eric-dier-after-juventus-performance

They haven't blamed you yet.

Trips does have mentality problems. He does go missing in big games. Aurier makes foolish mistakes.

Can we get better than either?

ftuttle - 8/3/2018 11:49

Spursex - 8/3/2018 11:36

They haven't blamed you yet.

It's coming, sadly, I predicted how they would play and what they would do and who'd win it - so any second now, I expect to be called a right proper Jonah.... :10:

I dont like the rotation of full backs every game. Must be hard when you play really well and then get dropped. You get a rhythm and then boom your out the team.

Choose your top pairing and rotate them every 3-4 games for a rest.

Taricco the yid - 8/3/2018 14:10

I dont like the rotation of full backs every game. Must be hard when you play really well and then get dropped. You get a rhythm and then boom your out the team.

Choose your top pairing and rotate them every 3-4 games for a rest.

Aurier isn't ready yet, my money is still on him being no.1 choice next season.

Not sure if you can pin blame on one person for this. Of course Poch should shoulder all of it...he is the manager and should shield his players and accept all of it.

If I had to point blame at a certain player or group of players...I would have to place it on our front 4 or 5.
--They HAVE to finish at some point. When you dominate vast stretches of matches and you cannot generate goals...then the pressure on our defense grows and if you keep experienced DAMN GOOD sides like Juventus in the match...they will make you pay...and they did...twice.

This was all on us. We simply let Juventus win, because if we would have taken our chances this match would have been done and dusted early.

Well, if you want to be fair, blaming Tripp for being "flat-footed" on Dybala, when he is clearly honoring the line set by his Center Halves, is silly. Now looking at the guy on the opposite side, the one who's keeping TWO Juve players onside because he is 3 meters deeper than the CBs, there you may find some fault.

Or is it on the Mgr for not taking that guy off when he was clearly tired.

Blame culture , don't you just love it . It's all down to whoever lost the toss . If it had spun just one more rotation the whole game would have played out differently so it's down to Hugo as far as I'm concerned .
:4:

Sorry, this is all on Poch for me.

Best manager in the world for building a young & competitive team, can't win titles to save his life and bottles the big games.

Left flank was raided time after time, no change was made. We were 1-0 up 60th minute and the first goal came from our left side. We went all of last season playing 3 at the back and could have killed the game yet we were so naive again.

Poch should have had a word with a couple of players who clearly kept moving out of position (Sanchez being the main culprit), yet it kept happening.

We needed a draw, had a 1 goal advantage, and instead of sitting back and hitting on the counter we were forced to try to break down Juve's bus - an impossible task .

USAFSPURS - 8/3/2018 14:52

Not sure if you can pin blame on one person for this. Of course Poch should shoulder all of it...he is the manager and should shield his players and accept all of it.

If I had to point blame at a certain player or group of players...I would have to place it on our front 4 or 5.
--They HAVE to finish at some point. When you dominate vast stretches of matches and you cannot generate goals...then the pressure on our defense grows and if you keep experienced DAMN GOOD sides like Juventus in the match...they will make you pay...and they did...twice.

This was all on us. We simply let Juventus win, because if we would have taken our chances this match would have been done and dusted early.
:1:

Spursex - 8/3/2018 11:33

and last but not least, Lineker blames Poch for putting on Lamela... (Rich will be pleased!)..

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/07/gary-lineker-blames-mauricio-pochettino-for-decision-which-cost/

Lineker understands what was needed and what we need to take the next step, it's not Lamela.

thought Lamela did OK when he came on...

a loss is never down to 1 factor alone. It's a combination and it's down to individuals how much blame you place on each one.

To me Poch and Lamela get much less of the blame than others. Still think some of the missed chances were worse errors than defensive or managerial errors although the combination of them all is what caused the loss...

vinniecopenhagen - 9/3/2018 10:49

USAFSPURS - 8/3/2018 14:52

:1:

This has been a problem for me for a long time, for all our good approach play and creating chances we don’t put nearly enough away. It’s the biggest single reason why we had so many draws and missed out on the title in recent seasons. Unless we become clinical and add that ruthless streak we will have more frustrating outcomes.