Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 88 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

The most damning point to all of this isn’t the fact that we’ve only brought in squad players or players for future years, or that we seem to be procrastinating over completing deals which is costing us time.
The damming point is that we entirely wasted 2 months before we actually made any form of move. I get that we wanted Paratici in but clearly negotiations had taken place to sign him. Surely we could have sought an idea of players to purchase from him & progressed things before he joined!? Instead we wait until he comes through the door & then we start activity.
As ever we will suffer for the lost time as any new players coming in now won’t have enough time to adapt to Nuno’s techniques before the city game.
Gaining players for the future or squad players is only really beneficial when you have a great first team. We most definitely do not possess that!
Amen.

It's not late! There's another month of the window! 🤣

Yeah I'd rather we have romero in the bag but there's a snag.

I just think you're moaning for the sake of moaning. What do you think they should be doing since it isn't good enough?
We're kicking off the season in 2 weeks time against the PL Champions. The last time we did that unprepared we were tanked at home 1-5. If Nuno is to make a fist of things, he should be backed, especially with the defensive frailities we've had for the past 2 seasons.

Lessons are clearly not being learned.

We're kicking off the season in 2 weeks time against the PL Champions. The last time we did that unprepared we were tanked at home 1-5. If Nuno is to make a fist of things, he should be backed, especially with the defensive frailities we've had for the past 2 seasons.

Lessons are clearly not being learned.

The entire structure of management has changed. We needed a DoF, then a manager and then player recruitment begins.

We won't beat city. We've been left with a pretty terrible team. This won't get fixed overnight. Your expectations are not realistic.

Things were executed in the right order.

Paratici
Nuno
Ancillary coaching staff and players.

There wasn't any other way to do it ptoperly and not risk having to backtrack.
I agree with you. It still doesn't explain why we're still hanging on to one defensive option when we require two. Unless of course there's going to be penny pinching involved, certainly something our chairman can't be accused of.

The entire structure of management has changed. We needed a DoF, then a manager and then player recruitment begins.

We won't beat city. We've been left with a pretty terrible team. This won't get fixed overnight. Your expectations are not realistic.
But our weaknesses has been on show for the last two years. We still haven't addressed it & we've been through 3 coaches now. If we continue down this path we'll be on coach number 26 before we get our s**t together.

But our weaknesses has been on show for the last two years. We still haven't addressed it & we've been through 3 coaches now. If we continue down this path we'll be on coach number 26 before we get our s**t together.

You got to give the DoF a chance. We can go over all the stupid decisions made over the last 20 years. It makes no difference and we just become moaning arseholes.

Paratici seems to know what he's doing. Give him a chance.

Yes Dier is wank. There's 4 other players equally shit who need to leave. A difficult job. I feel that selling kane is the only way we can achieve equilibrium in our team (since our owner is a cheap fuck).

You got to give the DoF a chance. We can go over all the stupid decisions made over the last 20 years. It makes no difference and we just become moaning arseholes.

Paratici seems to know what he's doing. Give him a chance.

Yes Dier is wank. There's 4 other players equally shit who need to leave. A difficult job. I feel that selling kane is the only way we can achieve equilibrium in our team (since our owner is a cheap fuck).
This hard stance that he's staying is only valid if we mean it. I don't believe a word of it. Do you?

I agree with everything else you say. Paratici seems like a breath of fresh air but here we are starting on the back foot once again.

My expectations are very real. We have much work to do. It can't possibly be done overnight, that is simply unrealistic, however when something is as clearly broken as our rear guard, urgent attention is required.... & yet here we are.

If Kane leaves & we don't strengthen the fans will scream bloody murder.

Defensively we were a mess last season, we need to strengthen to compete or we'll continue the slide towards mid-table. That serves nobody's interests, especially the current owners.

Our defending as a whole has been terrible for 3 years running.

Poch and Jose both failed miserably in this department.

That's what happens when you sit with what you have for years and don't do anything about it.

Aurier and Dier are still here. Until these 2 drabronies do one we can't move forward.

This hard stance that he's staying is only valid if we mean it. I don't believe a word of it. Do you?

I agree with everything else you say. Paratici seems like a breath of fresh air but here we are starting on the back foot once again.

My expectations are very real. We have much work to do. It can't possibly be done overnight, that is simply unrealistic, however when something is as clearly broken as our rear guard, urgent attention is required.... & yet here we are.

I don't think City will pay what we want. I don't think we will sell for what city are ready to pay.

Our defending as a whole has been terrible for 3 years running.

Poch and Jose both failed miserably in this department.

That's what happens when you sit with what you have for years and don't do anything about it.

Aurier and Dier are still here. Until these 2 drabronies do one we can't move forward.
That's my point. 3 coaches down & still no change.

I understand Paratici's only through the door & needs time but we've been down this road so many times before. 2 weeks to kick off & no 1st team signings. Has anything really changed?

That may well be the right steps to take but I don’t agree that we couldn’t seek clarity on transfer targets when holding interviews & informal discussions. These things were not initiated once Paratici walked through the door, it’s clear that he & Levy had been working to get him in as a DOF for ages, so we could have commenced transfer activity before he joined.
We didn’t & now we will suffer once again.
It’s clear for all to see that we need 2 x CB, a RB, a striker & player to go next to PEH. If we gain 1 CB & 1 RB before the close of the window I’ll be amazed! We’ll focus on outgoings & have to suck up another season of transition. Lucky we don’t pay high ticket or merchandise prices…..

That may well be the right steps to take but I don’t agree that we couldn’t seek clarity on transfer targets when holding interviews & informal discussions. These things were not initiated once Paratici walked through the door, it’s clear that he & Levy had been working to get him in as a DOF for ages, so we could have commenced transfer activity before he joined.
We didn’t & now we will suffer once again.
It’s clear for all to see that we need 2 x CB, a RB, a striker & player to go next to PEH. If we gain 1 CB & 1 RB before the close of the window I’ll be amazed! We’ll focus on outgoings & have to suck up another season of transition. Lucky we don’t pay high ticket or merchandise prices…..

I will agree with the fact that we need 2 top cbs one top rb one back up fwvor 2 fws depending on Kane. I would also add a rw as berg and Lucas are not good enough.My opinion is we need someone better than peh as he is very limited.So far we have made 2 back up signings and lost one game changing sub and our best cb.Paratici better work some magic as so far we are worse off than last season