Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 87 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Good signing for them although they've been well & truly raped in the process.
White is going to be the cornerstone of the England team for years to come & is already one of the top defenders in the league, yet is only 23. £50m will prove to be great value.
Considering we’re quoted similar for Kounde & Romero who have never played a minute in the PL, I wonder who will end up being stuffed on value.

White is going to be the cornerstone of the England team for years to come & is already one of the top defenders in the league, yet is only 23. £50m will prove to be great value.
Considering we’re quoted similar for Kounde & Romero who have never played a minute in the PL, I wonder who will end up being stuffed on value.

Perhaps, no one.

Why are we leaving our business so late? Squad replacements are all well & good but we need a couple of CBs. The fact we're still waiting to bring one in is puzzling to say the least. I actually believe we need two. At this rate we'll be bringing them in next summer instead.
The only player that we have been linked to that will improve our squad is Romero. He's still on holiday after playing for Argentina so signing him sooner wouldn't make too much of a difference. It's concerning that there's no other links.

Having said that, I can't see us competing this year (especially if Kane leaves). So if all we achieve this summer is getting rid of all of the dead wood then on some levels I would be content as we would be in a position to at least strengthen next summer.

Last edited:
Like all expensive signings it is only a waste of money if the player doesn't play well. If he plays well and is a regular then nobody cares how much he cost.

I believe we're leaving it too late. It's no secret we need a new defensive pairing, so to be left hanging with less than 2 weeks till the start of the season is far from perfect.

It is but we either rush and buy someone who is OK and lock horns for someone we really want.

Lewis is a cheap bastard so there aren't any other options.

The only player that we have been linked to that will improve our squad is Romero. He's still on holiday after playing for Argentina so signing him sooner wouldn't make too much of a difference. It's concerning that there's no other links.

Having said that, I can't see us competing this year (especially if Kane leaves). So if all we achieve this summer is getting rid of all of the dead wood then on some levels I would be content as we would be in a position to at least strengthen next summer.
If Kane leaves & we don't strengthen the fans will scream bloody murder.

Defensively we were a mess last season, we need to strengthen to compete or we'll continue the slide towards mid-table. That serves nobody's interests, especially the current owners.

I just read in 2 different places that we are not willing to pay the money for Romero so we are interested in Chris smalling now.Please please let this be the biggest bunch of crap out there.I hate Smalling.I think what the problem is ,is that yes Levy is cheap but Romero also is getting his head turned by rumours of Barcelona wanting him.Thats why we should get deals done quicker

If Kane leaves & we don't strengthen the fans will scream bloody murder.

Defensively we were a mess last season, we need to strengthen to compete or we'll continue the slide towards mid-table. That serves nobody's interests, especially the current owners.
If Kane leaves it would seem the plan is to go for Vlahovic. There doesn't seem to be any other attacking players on our radar other than the younger fella Gill who we can't surely be expecting to be make an immediate impact.

There are always other options. We really don't want to be going down this path again where we leave the business to the last minute. It's proven to be counterproductive over the years, especially for us.

This is not how managers like to work.Managers like to plan.Nuno would be setting his team out every training session with Man city in the front of his mind.How can he do that correctly with out knowing who he will have or even have an idea who is coming in.Its a managers nightmare

There are always other options. We really don't want to be going down this path again where we leave the business to the last minute. It's proven to be counterproductive over the years, especially for us.

I'm far from endorsing negotiations dragging on.

Do you suggest that we abandon talks and go for more inferior players?

I don't know what you're suggesting?

If Kane leaves it would seem the plan is to go for Vlahovic. There doesn't seem to be any other attacking players on our radar other than the younger fella Gill who we can't surely be expecting to be make an immediate impact.
That's a worry at this stage.

We've started well, shifting the deadwood & replacing them with a number of decent prospects. That being said as good as they look, they're still only squad players.

If Paratici/Levy stand firm regarding the future of Harry Kane then all well & good but i'm not buying it. I reckon he's going.

In any case we're lacking defensively & not nearly enough has been done to remedy it.

I'm far from endorsing negotiations dragging on.

Do you suggest that we abandon talks and go for more inferior players?

I don't know what you're suggesting?
We need 2 CBs. Even if Nuno decides to play with 3 at the back he's going to need cover.

Toby, Foyth & Jan have gone. We've replaced one of them with Rodon. If we keep one of Dier or Sanchez then we're still going to be short of decent options.

Obviously there's still all to play for but with the situation as bad as it is, surely at this stage we should've landed one of our preferred options by now. I undestand the situation with Romero is complicated but that's no excuse to stall our moves for other designated targets. My fear is we're pushing for just the one, which would be nothing more than another penny pinching exercise by our chairman.

This is not how managers like to work.Managers like to plan.Nuno would be setting his team out every training session with Man city in the front of his mind.How can he do that correctly with out knowing who he will have or even have an idea who is coming in.Its a managers nightmare
Or every managers nightmare when it comes to Tottenham.

We need 2 CBs. Even if Nuno decides to play with 3 at the back he's going to need cover.

Toby, Foyth & Jan have gone. We've replaced one of them with Rodon. If we keep one of Dier or Sanchez then we're still going to be short of decent options.

Obviously there's still all to play for but with the situation as bad as it is, surely at this stage we should've landed one of our preferred options by now. I undestand the situation with Romero is complicated but that's no excuse to stall our moves for other designated targets. My fear is we're pushing for just the one, which would be nothing more than another penny pinching exercise by our chairman.

We have to make sales before we can go for others. I share your frustrations but there's nothing we can do about it. We have 4 players on our books capable of playing cb right now. I don't believe any of the 4 are good premiership players. Only 1 I believe has the potential to be.

Foyth and Jan weren't here last season. The only difference is Toby has gone and I don't see him as a loss after his last two seasons.

We have to make sales before we can go for others. I share your frustrations but there's nothing we can do about it. We have 4 players on our books capable of playing cb right now. I don't believe any of the 4 are good premiership players. Only 1 I believe has the potential to be.
And we call this progress?

We're not expecting wholesale changes but we ought to be getting improvements. At this late stage it's not frustrating, it's deeply worrying.

The most damning point to all of this isn’t the fact that we’ve only brought in squad players or players for future years, or that we seem to be procrastinating over completing deals which is costing us time.
The damming point is that we entirely wasted 2 months before we actually made any form of move. I get that we wanted Paratici in but clearly negotiations had taken place to sign him. Surely we could have sought an idea of players to purchase from him & progressed things before he joined!? Instead we wait until he comes through the door & then we start activity.
As ever we will suffer for the lost time as any new players coming in now won’t have enough time to adapt to Nuno’s techniques before the city game.
Gaining players for the future or squad players is only really beneficial when you have a great first team. We most definitely do not possess that!

And we call this progress?

We're not expecting wholesale changes but we ought to be getting improvements. At this late stage it's not frustrating, it's deeply worrying.

It's not late! There's another month of the window! 🤣

Yeah I'd rather we have romero in the bag but there's a snag.

I just think you're moaning for the sake of moaning. What do you think they should be doing since it isn't good enough?