Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 86 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Is anyone else concerned.We lose Toby not just a proven EPL CB but a top draw EPL CB.We should have replaced him with another proven EPL CB like Joachim Andersen.I just don't understand why we never tried to get him.Christian Romero might be decent but we know how hard the transition from a slower league is to our league.If we don't get him we are in such a bad state.

Is anyone else concerned.We lose Toby not just a proven EPL CB but a top draw EPL CB.We should have replaced him with another proven EPL CB like Joachim Andersen.I just don't understand why we never tried to get him.Christian Romero might be decent but we know how hard the transition from a slower league is to our league.If we don't get him we are in such a bad state.
I guess they came to the conclusion he wasn't good enough. I know we were strongly linked with him towards the end of the season.

I suppose he is one that Nuno will have decent knowledge of and assume he has told FP that he isn’t to the standard he needs for the way he wants us to play. He and FP are in full possession of all the relevant facts so maybe we should give their judgement a chance. However this will always be a matter of opinions. Wouldn’t this forum be boring if we all agreed with what was happening let alone agree between ourselves!!!

Toby was poor last season.

Anderson proved himself by getting relegated.

No idea what you're fussing about here.

Fulham were relegated not Andersen.

Plenty of great players were relegated, Robertson and Maguire the most well known currently.

I would rip Fulham's hands off for Anguisa, and take lookman over Berg/Moura.

Fulham were relegated not Andersen.

Plenty of great players were relegated, Robertson and Maguire the most well known currently.

I would rip Fulham's hands off for Anguisa, and take lookman over Berg/Moura.

Wouldn't take Anderson.

💩💩💩

Robertson and Maguire might have got relegated but you can't say they proved themselves to be premiership quality that season!

Last edited:

When he came on as sub in the Euro semi's for Denmark, I just felt we could get at Andersen every time we run at him. I was sitting at Wenbley directly behind him. He looked slow and nowhere near the level of Christensen who had to leave the pitch through injury. It was only a second half sub appearance but it just put me off him. He also couldn't even get in a back 3 that had Vestergard, Kjaer and Christensen. Don't rate any of them.

I hope we can bring players in at the former levels of Jan and Toby.

Toby was still our best cb.Andersen was in a team that got relegated but with Alphonse he was very steady.
What I am fussing about is we have Sanchez and Dier our only regular first teamers left.Japhet and Joe may come good but are not good enough.At the moment we have a truly awful back 4 and if and that's a big if we get Romero we still do not know how good he will be with the pace of the prem.Thatswhy I wanted a established CB because it could take Romero 4-6, months to get used to the prem and we cannot have that

I guess they came to the conclusion he wasn't good enough. I know we were strongly linked with him towards the end of the season.

My worry is we don't know how good Romero is because he has not played in the prem.I just worry that Foyth was keeping him out of the Argentina squad

Leaving a deal so late in the window isn't the smartest move either. I suspect we'll get the deal done eventually but it hasn't curtailed us from looking elsewhere, so i expect us to bring a couple in then.

Toby was still our best cb.Andersen was in a team that got relegated but with Alphonse he was very steady.
What I am fussing about is we have Sanchez and Dier our only regular first teamers left.Japhet and Joe may come good but are not good enough.At the moment we have a truly awful back 4 and if and that's a big if we get Romero we still do not know how good he will be with the pace of the prem.Thatswhy I wanted a established CB because it could take Romero 4-6, months to get used to the prem and we cannot have that

Toby was terrible and Anderson is worse. Not a clue what you're talking about.

So Alphonse and Andersen got a lot of credit last season. It's interesting that Tosin didn't get so much. A young English centre half that was being tipped for the national side at one point.

We are no worse off than last season at the moment. A fit Japhet over Toby is probably a marginal improvement. I'm not sure Toby could have played in Nuno's system anyway.

I still want Laporte. Ticks a whole load of your boxes.

Wouldn't take Anderson.

💩💩💩

Robertson and Maguire might have got relegated but you can't say they proved themselves to be premiership quality that season!

I received a similar response 6/7 years ago when Mahrez, was dismissed as an upgrade option for Lamela. On the basis that he was playing in a minor french league. I laughed at the short-sighted response, your comment is also making me chuckle.

I received a similar response 6/7 years ago when Mahrez, was dismissed as an upgrade option for Lamela. On the basis that he was playing in a minor french league. I laughed at the short-sighted response, your comment is also making me chuckle.

Levy if you're watching, get this lad on the scouting team because he knows it all.

Why are we leaving our business so late? Squad replacements are all well & good but we need a couple of CBs. The fact we're still waiting to bring one in is puzzling to say the least. I actually believe we need two. At this rate we'll be bringing them in next summer instead.

Why are we leaving our business so late? Squad replacements are all well & good but we need a couple of CBs. The fact we're still waiting to bring one in is puzzling to say the least. I actually believe we need two. At this rate we'll be bringing them in next summer instead.

Are we leaving it so late? Paratici only got here at the start of the month. Our cheapass owner is refusing to invest so we have to penny pinch again.