Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford F.C. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford F.C.

Agree, the only thing we should be focusing on now is 3rd place. Watford can be a dangerous side. You get the feeling they have a bunch of players of similar ability. It's about the system rather than the players, which is why they are coping with the biggest injury list in the Prem right now.

We need to make a statement tonight and win at all costs.

Gutted the red Mancs got all three yesterday as ‘if’ we win tonight, it really would have put the pressure on.
We HAVE to look upwards not down from now on in!!

I read that Poch has been setting expectation levels once again by saying that we are doing very well but don’t expect us to win anything.

While that may be the reality of finance differentials, and even factually correct, what a de-motivational statement to both supporters and players. Does that mean for the foreseeable future we have to remove all emotion from supporting our team and just rejoice that they actually play at all every week?

If he had said something more like we are going to try our very best to build on our current status and step up another level next season but it won’t be easy due to financial constraints at least there would be signs of ambition rather than coasting.

Perhaps he should stick to giving interviews in his native Spanish. Anyway, he needs to inspire the team for tonight and our remaining games to grab 3rd place which is in our own hands, just in case Arsenal win the Europa Cup and Pool the CL.

I read that Poch has been setting expectation levels once again by saying that we are doing very well but don’t expect us to win anything.

While that may be the reality of finance differentials, and even factually correct, what a de-motivational statement to both supporters and players. Does that mean for the foreseeable future we have to remove all emotion from supporting our team and just rejoice that they actually play at all every week?

If he had said something more like we are going to try our very best to build on our current status and step up another level next season but it won’t be easy due to financial constraints at least there would be signs of ambition rather than coasting.

Perhaps he should stick to giving interviews in his native Spanish. Anyway, he needs to inspire the team for tonight and our remaining games to grab 3rd place which is in our own hands, just in case Arsenal win the Europa Cup and Pool the CL.

One of a coaches/managers jobs is to ease the pressure on his players when it matters i.e. take the focus off of their performance and have the balls to put himself in the firing line - as this strategy has worked for him under exactly these circumstances today.

Do you really think that what he's saying in public is what he's saying to the players - seriously?!

As for the supporters, most know beyond any shadow of a doubt the difference he's made and that he's also ahead of the key stages of the project, of course some don't won't and may never agree with that view - and so rightly so, he's not addressing that minority.

But as you say, and as I said earlier, he has another mountain to climb tonight, if he does, he'll get no credit for it from the half-empties and if he doesn't, they'll be shouting from the room-tops for his head..

I know what outcome I'd prefer.

Do you really think that what he's saying in public is what he's saying to the players - seriously?!

I felt this was the case for the FA Cup. You don't get that upset about losing a semi final you don't care about.

Can't imagine he tells all the players how fantastic and how happy he is with them all the time either. They analyse their performances and critique where necessary I'm sure but he always defends them to the press.

One of a coaches/managers jobs is to ease the pressure on his players when it matters i.e. take the focus off of their performance and have the balls to put himself in the firing line - as this strategy has worked for him under exactly these circumstances today.

As for the supporters, most know beyond any shadow of a doubt the difference he's made and that he's also ahead of the key stages of the project, of course some don't won't and may never agree with that view - and so rightly so, he's not addressing that minority.

But as you say, and as I said earlier, he has another mountain to climb tonight, if he does, he'll get no credit for it from the half-empties and if he doesn't, they'll be shouting from the room-tops for his head..

I know what outcome I'd prefer.

I have no idea what he says to his players, case in point being the number of games we have started slowly and afterwards he says I don’t know why we started slowly. However, I do not want Poch’s head whatever the results for the rest of the season. I think he has done a very good job, but he can do better and I want him to improve and learn quicker.

As for diverting the pressure from the players, if they care about the team and themselves they will be feeling pressure and the question is whether, as a team, they can deal with it. This ability has been the chink in our armour so far. I hope we can put it to bed starting tonight.

At this stage, all we can do is take one game at a time. I will be measuring Poch (and whoever he selects) on getting CL before the final game of the season. No excuses. We cannot take a risk that we get a player sent off against Leicester or have Vardy and co get a result that goes against form. It's about being clinical in these next 3 games, starting tonight against Watford.

I'd take a scrappy 1 nil with an own goal. A must must win game. A draw would be bad, a defeat disastrous!

Pretty much the team expected . The only question is still Son or Lamela ? Lamela loses out again. If Son is crap he needs the hook quicker this time.

Pretty much the team expected . The only question is still Son or Lamela ? Lamela loses out again. If Son is crap he needs the hook quicker this time.

Probably unfair on Son, but I prefer to see him on the bench purely because we still have a goal threat to come on if needed !

If we're looking for a goal from the bench tonight :slap:

Well as far as I am concerned he has had opportunities to add a cup to our 'upward league form' but has failed. As for what he says in private to the players,.,...god only knows, but 'fecking start with pace and purpose every game', clearly isn't it.
Think 2nd is a bridge too far, 3rd is in our hands..so I will hope that is where we end up.....starting with a 3-1 win tonight