Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford F.C. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford F.C.

Now we need a Liverpool-Chelsea draw and a win against West Brom for us.

That would lock 4th and put us in 3rd with a game in hand on Liverpool.

That would be a fun weekend!

Now we need a Liverpool-Chelsea draw and a win against West Brom for us.

That would lock 4th and put us in 3rd with a game in hand on Liverpool.

That would be a fun weekend!
But I would not be so confident that we can beat West Brom if we play thew way we did

Trips MoM for me. I love Trips but if he is easily MoM, that means we played like shite and were lucky to come away with 3 pts. If not for two good saves by Lloris and them looking like us trying to finish...could have been bad.

Happy for the 3 points but we look like we have to drag this shit across the finish line.

COYS!

Lloris motm for me - they had 5 shots on target, and he cut out a few chances before they developed into shots. Tripps had a good game - recently IMO he's been quietly decent while certain blinkered fans are blaming him for some of our recent poor performances.

Happy with the 3 points however we do need to improve our performances if we're to secure 4th and grab 3rd.
Please Lord, align the stars and keep our lads focused, motivated and hungry for 3rd.
WBA have claimed some very highly regarded scalps this season, despite their poor league position. We'll need to be on it!!

Trips MoM for me. I love Trips but if he is easily MoM, that means we played like shite and were lucky to come away with 3 pts. If not for two good saves by Lloris and them looking like us trying to finish...could have been bad.

Happy for the 3 points but we look like we have to drag this shit across the finish line.

COYS!

Agreed. Tripps was excellent last night. Great delivery and another safe performance. He would get my vote ahead of Aurier day and night. He has everything that Aurier doesn't!

Three points was the main thing tonight.

It's a shame we don't have a few energetic and eager kids to sit on the bench or even start our last few games as some of our lot seem to have definitely switched off and are just protecting themselves for the WC, I noticed a good few 50/50's tonight being bottled.
You're right there Chiv . They seemed to want the ball more than us in the 50/50 department. Vic even got himself booked because of it , although I still can't work out how that was a yellow card.
Ive always thought Michael Oliver was a decent ref until last night . He seemed to be on some sort of agenda. Totally baffled me some of his decisions.
I feel weird saying it but I was almost pleased Sissoko came on . He gave us a bit of energy and cover in the last minutes and at least put himself about . A few of their players knew he was on the pitch and what size boots he wore.
Lloris's perforformance will have done him a power of good , almost back to our fifth defender at times. Couple of great saves when they could have got back in the game .
Trippier done himself a favour in front of Southgate , Sanchez and Verts , I think, are being over exposed by slack play from Dier and Dembo . They are giving us too many problems in dangerous areas . Defensively , they are great (Sanchez and Verts) and cover almost everything . It's the misplaced passes and getting caught in possession on the half way line that catches us out .
Start of the second half ,I noticed that everything went through Eriksen ., whereas in the first half he had to go looking for the ball. Made a big difference .
Not our best game , but didn't really expect anything else . They work hard , and worked harder than us , but the three points was priceless

The 2 players who I would have questioned starting....Dembele and Son both had poor games and were rated the lowest. Dembele was a liability defensively and Son offers nothing in defence. Lamela does and Wanyama is safer. They would have been my starters. WBA will be tough game, they have to beat us and have a sniff of survival. We can see our flair play is stuttering. It might click against WBA but we can't give chances away like today.

Dembo was dreadful yet again, he's definitely hit a brick wall, Son looks 2 yards slower than he did a couple of months ago.

It was typical type of end of season fixture - the crowd didn't help, we were horribly quiet for very long periods and I don't know what the official attendance was, but it was sparse - messy game, not helped by some awful referring decisions that keep killing the flow of the game everytime we got up any sort of head of steam.

Lloris earned his money last night, which was almost a shame really - because if they had scored you got the impression we would have woken up from our cruising mode and stepped it up a gear.

Anyway, as I said before the game and as others have said all that was needed was the win, and we did that with relative ease.

I'd lay money on us not starting Demo against WBA and Vic starting instead, which apart from his yellow card with the first attempted action made a huge difference to our momentum after he came on.

4th is definitely within our grasp now, but it would be great to have a winning running in..

The general perception is that we were below par . If you look at individuals though there are positives.

Tripps primarily but Hugo solid again. Verts on top of things with Sanchez gaining more experience working with him. Davies was Davies. Dier was ok I thought with one poor pass but some nice diagonals to Tripps. Alli scored and was well involved, Eriksen nice assist. Harry scored and is slowly building his form up . So that leaves Son and Dembele who I can't find much to praise.

The subs did their jobs as was needed.

Lloris earned his money last night, which was almost a shame really - because if they had scored you got the impression we would have woken up from our cruising mode and stepped it up a gear.

I said this to my mate at the game. Didn't really play with much zip and TBH both goals came from Tripps deliveries, our passing in the middle in the final 3rd was pretty woeful.

BTW - not watched it back but how offside was Kane from the Vertonghen pass?

I said this to my mate at the game. Didn't really play with much zip and TBH both goals came from Tripps deliveries, our passing in the middle in the final 3rd was pretty woeful.

Sorry, don't know, couldn't see from where I was and haven't watched the recording yet - and annoyingly, they never replay incidents like that either in the box or the big screens.

From what I recall, it was half a yard!

You're right there Chiv . They seemed to want the ball more than us in the 50/50 department. Vic even got himself booked because of it , although I still can't work out how that was a yellow card.
Ive always thought Michael Oliver was a decent ref until last night . He seemed to be on some sort of agenda. Totally baffled me some of his decisions.
I feel weird saying it but I was almost pleased Sissoko came on . He gave us a bit of energy and cover in the last minutes and at least put himself about . A few of their players knew he was on the pitch and what size boots he wore.
Lloris's perforformance will have done him a power of good , almost back to our fifth defender at times. Couple of great saves when they could have got back in the game .
Trippier done himself a favour in front of Southgate , Sanchez and Verts , I think, are being over exposed by slack play from Dier and Dembo . They are giving us too many problems in dangerous areas . Defensively , they are great (Sanchez and Verts) and cover almost everything . It's the misplaced passes and getting caught in possession on the half way line that catches us out .
Start of the second half ,I noticed that everything went through Eriksen ., whereas in the first half he had to go looking for the ball. Made a big difference .
Not our best game , but didn't really expect anything else . They work hard , and worked harder than us , but the three points was priceless

100% agree with you both. Especially about what you say about Sanchez and Vert not having an effective shield in front of them. Dier and Dembele of late are hurting us bad by allowing opposing teams to flow right through non-stop...and compound the issue by giving the ball away badly...which really puts our guys in bad positions.

Not sure who else we can try there, but we need a 'meat-eater' in that spot...someone that will annoy the living shit out of the other team by disrupting their flow when they are on the ball.

I know I am in the minority...but it would be great to get another Scotty Parker in front of our Defense! (of course one with a tad better distribution skills, but damn he played with boundless energy and put in good shifts!)

100% agree with you both. Especially about what you say about Sanchez and Vert not having an effective shield in front of them. Dier and Dembele of late are hurting us bad by allowing opposing teams to flow right through non-stop...and compound the issue by giving the ball away badly...which really puts our guys in bad positions.

Not sure who else we can try there, but we need a 'meat-eater' in that spot...someone that will annoy the living shit out of the other team by disrupting their flow when they are on the ball.

I know I am in the minority...but it would be great to get another Scotty Parker in front of our Defense! (of course one with a tad better distribution skills, but damn he played with boundless energy and put in good shifts!)

Us , love the " meat -eater " analogy . Brilliant phrase

Bloody thankful for the win. It was a really poor game from us if we are honest. On another day, or against a team like Citeh, we could have lost 5-3 or 5-4. The number of times we gave the ball away at the center of midfield was criminal. It led straight to a shooting opportunity. Sanchez was easily turned quite a few times. Can't imagine what we will be like without Verty.
Dembo has become a liability. We are living for one of his good games every 4 or 5. We (me included) are quite caught up with his gliding past opponent dribbling but what end product does he have? After dribbling past one or two, he can't find a killer through pass and wait for the opponents to go round him again and the recycle starts again. But Wanya is worryingly off form too and when he came on this season (apart from that thunderbolt against Liverfools) was rather underwhelming. As such, despite Dembo and Dier being off form, Poch hands are tied.
Son has lost form just at the most crucial time. Kane looked like a bumbling striker which most other tea has instead of the mean scoring machine which we cherish. How did he missed the open sitter and allowed the ball to squeeze thru his legs, only he would know. Anyway, thankfully he still scored despite looking off the pace and sliding and slipping and unable to hold the ball up.
Just hope we limp across the line and get third and not expose ourselves to the greatest snooker of all time if Arse wins Europa and Liverfools wins CL.