Tony Xia Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

we're talking about a bloke who twitters here , doesn't surprise me that he'll have an electronic meeting .
Hopefully he's not there because the crisis isn't really a crisis and Wyness is paying back his pie money

without a chairman or a ceo, it's ridiculous really. What they going to do?

what do you know?

nothing.

You?

Nah, nothing!

Bit of a mess isn't it?

Yes.

Meeting adjourned.

:agree:

Body language is vitally important, there is only so much a video call can achieve. It's just weird, but in keeping, apparently, with the bizarre way 'Dr' Xia Jintong conducts himself and his businesses.

With the club on the verge of collapse , the CEO should be here in country answering questions, not hiding on the other side of the planet. Spineless .

With respect to my mate (yes the one and only) the toffee, their dislike for Pie boy Wyness hinges on the outsourcing and to companies he gets a bit too close to shall we say and also the proposed move of goodison to Kirby (out of town retail park with a massive Tesco payment and store at the ground), again Wyness had an agenda with a business he owned who would gain massively £££ if the move went ahead, that's what my toffee mate told me

With the club on the verge of collapse , the CEO should be here in country answering questions, not hiding on the other side of the planet. Spineless .

With the club having problems then the CEO should be sweating his guts out sorting problems. Whether that's in this country or in China doesn't matter.

Meetings as such don't matter a lot. It's not where things get sorted. A board meeting matters because it has an official status. But that's it. As I said above, it's dotting i's and crossing t's, essentially making sure that everybody who needs to know knows what the state of play is.

And no, I doubt the club is on the verge of collapse, or anything near it. It has a cash-flow problem which has to be sorted.

But from an impression point of view...Wyness suspended, Xia showing he's on the ball it does take on an additional meaning. Especially amongst the silence.

Purely from a PR exercise, it's missing a trick.

Think the 1960s were worse.

Villa needs to make sure it can cover its costs in the short term. It needs to make sure it knows exactly what it's medium term finances looks like while it starts to deal with transfer issues, leading into preparation for next season. These need to be sorted fairly quickly but they can't be done overnight. You can't get any announcement about these things until they are nailed. Pretty soon, yes, but now may be a bit too soon. Board meeting Monday, my guess something this week.

We have no idea about the finances , credibility or motives of the 1 man who owns us. We came within hours of a winding up order. The owner is awol, If that's not a crisis of magnitude then what is

To be fair Silhil it feels like that, but a winding up is a process and happens regularly. It's not an hours risk mate. It just feels like it.

This is though, where optics count as a statement and a Skype meeting isn't the right optic.

Mike I hope you're right that I'm overly worried by events. The crackdown in china is around transactions of +$300m leaving the country. Not a 25% payment to HMRC of about £1m .
Smoke, mirrors, excuses , silence, absenteeism.
Will try and chill but not easy

You can be right to overly worry but not on the winding up itself - as said that's a process. It's not a main risk. It's what got us to that stage that is the worry - if that makes any sense.

The winding up order, in and of itself, is the least of our concerns.

I have no faith in him whatsoever, if he could sell us ASAP then please do.

Started off well, now spends all his time in China whilst we are run into the ground.

I should have trusted my instincts, he looked a wrong un to me from day one.

Nothing overly wrong if he came in to get us up and flip us. Nothing overly wrong if he saw the opportunity to get us up for prestige or if he thought it would be an asset.

But there is a hell of a lot wrong with how he's gone about it. Twitter crap does not mran he communicates properly with us (the criticism under Randy) and only showing up a very few times never bode well (again something Randy was criticised for, but until the demise, he was around and at games a hell of a lot)

We don't have much luck really do we?