Tony Xia Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Maybe a rev share deal and part of the £100 odd million Xia gambled on promotion will funnel back to the club to solve our cash flow problems?

You cheeky bugger Tony, knew you were a doctor for a reason

I think the demise of our club is greatly exaggerated in the press. Business as usual appears to be the order of the day - pre-season friendlies, new sponsorship deals.

I don't know anything about Dr T, don't know if he has any money, but from what I see, he appears to be hanging on to the club.

In reality we all knew savings would have to be made this year. It is the suspension of the CEO and the unpaid tax bill that have caught the attention.

Look at it this way, if you were a rich businessman, would you spunk millions on a football club? The rich become rich by not spending their money. No matter what our personal thoughts are reference Tony Xia (and none of us know jack shit about this guy), I fear we are stuck with him until he either makes a wad of cash or ruins us.

I think that some of the things he has put in place are good for the club, we appear to have a structure in place on and off the field. Whether we like all of his idiosyncrasies, or him personally, only he knows the truth of the situation. I hope for McGrath's sake, he has our best interests at heart.

I don't care where Tony is as long as he is funding Aston Villa FC. I hold him to the same standards as I held lerner. Owning a football club in any division is an expensive business and ANYBODY who undertakes that has a responsibility to finance that club. Lerner did untold damage to the club when he withdrew funding to the club that lead precisely to where we are now. Xia has come up with funds until a few weeks ago and therefore fulfilled his duty until a few weeks ago. Nobody can accuse him of not giving Bruce the funds to try and get promotion. We will now see if Xia is an honourable man and can finance the club to the level it requires or he is another Lerner .

Xia has not come up with funds though!?
He's allowed Bruce to spend some of the clubs due income and the rest has gone missing

We were by far the biggest spender in the Championship when he took over. I have not seen any news stories accusing Xia of theft, are you accusing him of that?

We were by far the biggest spender in the Championship when he took over. I have not seen any news stories accusing Xia of theft, are you accusing him of that?

He's spent £24 million NET since he took over.

£12 million a season isn't massive is it really?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything just pointing out your statement is 100% wrong , the numbers don't stack so something has caused that

Xia has not come up with funds though!?
He's allowed Bruce to spend some of the clubs due income and the rest has gone missing

This is pure fantasy. The club's due income in no way covers our debt. Have you actually looked at the figures?

If he hadn't been putting equity into the club then there's no way we could have used the £13m pa FFP loss limit rather than much lower £5m pa limit.