Tony Xia Thread | Page 76 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

I am still trying to understand all this regarding Dr X.
I know as far as I understood it, he bought the club for 65million ish
which was basically less than it was actually for sale for ( I realize that their would have been debts/commitments that Randy had left us with which dictated this price) I am trying to understand if The Dr actually used any of his money or was it incoming money that he actually spent
from sales as it seems we still owe money on player purchases left right & centre

To be honest Wurzel, I wouldn't welcome him back in any capacity, hes made a complete mess of Aston Villa FC, after coming in and promising the earth, moon and the stars. Sod off back to China is my message to him. Sorry if that's being blunt.

Well that's a shame because we actually know very little about Xia due to the short time he has had the club. This whole fiasco smacks of him being out of his depth after living the dream, unlike the previous owner who not only knew what was going on as he was an experienced sports franchise owner apparently, but then turned off the financial tap clutching defeat from the hand of glory just at the wrong time, and then employed a stream of idiots to run the club into the ground culminating in our relegation, and the current shitfest we find ourselves in.
Now it might be that Xia is the biggest twat on the planet but I have to say that until May he had not put a foot wrong, so until proven otherwise I think he at least deserved the benefit of the doubt.

As for people knowing Xia was no good, how? Lerner said he would only sell to a responsible owner, he sold the club to Xia. He came up with cash for the club, and the manager, and funded two managers in a very short space of time. He employed well known football people to key positions, again a sensible move. Those people assured the fans that there was a plan in case we didn't get promoted. I, like most are absolutely shocked by the current situation and how deep the financial hole is we find the club in. All the doubts about Xia before the trouble seemed to solely be based on his race and his country of origin. Hardly a sound basis to take against him. I cannot remember a single instance when he took over ownership of someone coming up with evidence based reasons why he was a bad owner.

Sorry for the essay, just think we live in dour enough times and until it is proven proof positive that he is a twat I believe he deserves some slack.

Just shows how bad this guy is, we are all praying for a takeover and don't even give a shit who it is, as it couldn't be any worse.
I think that's been the case for the the last two takeovers! This time it's a case of somebody please do it quickly before the saleable assets run out.

I understand your point of view Wurzel but for whatever reason, Xia has proved incompetent in allowing this situation to develop, where we can't pay a tax bill and are on the verge of administration The whole world knows that he can't fund the club without outside investment and we clearly have very limited options until something changes. I don't think anybody believes that our predicament is a deliberate act on his part. He must realise that in allowing this situation to develop, his position with the fans has, barring a miracle, has become untenable.

Is that all the same fans who were licking his arse to cringeworthy extents on twitter these past 2 years?

Yes all of us, we need to stand together even though some of us were wrong to lick his butt in the past. I'm serious about the petition, but I wouldn't know where to start. What's the biggest villa fan organisation / body? some group where we can reach out to tens of thousands of villa fans in one go.

Well that's a shame because we actually know very little about Xia due to the short time he has had the club. This whole fiasco smacks of him being out of his depth after living the dream, unlike the previous owner who not only knew what was going on as he was an experienced sports franchise owner apparently, but then turned off the financial tap clutching defeat from the hand of glory just at the wrong time, and then employed a stream of idiots to run the club into the ground culminating in our relegation, and the current shitfest we find ourselves in.
Now it might be that Xia is the biggest twat on the planet but I have to say that until May he had not put a foot wrong, so until proven otherwise I think he at least deserved the benefit of the doubt.

As for people knowing Xia was no good, how? Lerner said he would only sell to a responsible owner, he sold the club to Xia. He came up with cash for the club, and the manager, and funded two managers in a very short space of time. He employed well known football people to key positions, again a sensible move. Those people assured the fans that there was a plan in case we didn't get promoted. I, like most are absolutely shocked by the current situation and how deep the financial hole is we find the club in. All the doubts about Xia before the trouble seemed to solely be based on his race and his country of origin. Hardly a sound basis to take against him. I cannot remember a single instance when he took over ownership of someone coming up with evidence based reasons why he was a bad owner.

Sorry for the essay, just think we live in dour enough times and until it is proven proof positive that he is a twat I believe he deserves some slack.

Have to disagree, looking at the figures highlighted by other members on this forum, xia hasn't put much money into the club after purchase. Now the club is in a position which requires xia to inject cash and he's not willing or able to do so. Furthermore his appointment of Roberto di mateo and the spending spree which followed was amateur at best.

Very worrying words at the start of the post Fear, agree in any aspect of life, business or family if your robbing Peter to pay Paul on a regular basis it's going to end in tears.The thought that we could sell our players and still end up fucked is just madness. Hand to mouth comes to mind, and how long the club can operate on that basis is anyone's guess.

There have been a few schemes and ideas (not being a git here, but can't explain) that I worried about, because they were really just looking to delay the inevitable, short term bailing out the problem but not fixing the problem.

I am hoping with his meetings last weekend and this week, he'll finally click and then maybe something will happen.

The one investor, a billionaire, was willing to take over all the liabilities, fund the club properly and try to get it back in shape. I hope that isn't dead. But it's the same as waiting for the takeover from Doug, and the one from Randy going, it is all if's and buts until action is taken.

People do know the numbers, intermediaries have looked, investors can afford to wait, not sure the owner can. He might pull a rabbit out of that hat, but I hope not, as (as said) it would just delay the inevitable.

I am still trying to understand all this regarding Dr X.
I know as far as I understood it, he bought the club for 65million ish
which was basically less than it was actually for sale for ( I realize that their would have been debts/commitments that Randy had left us with which dictated this price) I am trying to understand if The Dr actually used any of his money or was it incoming money that he actually spent
from sales as it seems we still owe money on player purchases left right & centre

Owing money on player purchases and being owed money on player purchases is normal. Don't know the figures but my guess is that in our case the two balance out. Only problem is we're now selling off the money we're owed in advance at only a proportion of its value in order to get cash to pay our bills, so the two will no longer balance.

There's no way the Dr. could be using money from player sales to pay off Randy.

Xia's not an idiot. If his alternatives have dried up he'll have to sell and he'd know it. Then becomes a question of to whom. Hope it's to someone with a load of money who understands football finances. Might be best for Xia as well because that's likely to be the cleanest solution for all.

I'm getting quite cynical so, with apologies to The Who.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no no
Yeaaah

Hi again Wurzel, I for one was never against Xia taking charge of Aston Villa, everyone wanted a new start, and he seemed to be gathering a good group around him, but I was concerned about some of the twitter messages he posted, many of which smacked of something not right with him. Your comments "Out of his depth" "biggest twat on the planet" are looking to be very close to the mark, but saying he hadn't put a foot wrong up until May, he knew the finances, he gambled and failed and now look at the mess we are in. Nothing in this life is a sure thing and Xia should have been aware of that. Again sorry for long winded reply, we are all here concerned for our teams future and our opinions will all be different.

I'm getting quite cynical so, with apologies to The Who.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no no
Yeaaah
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.:guitar:

A few of us mumbled a little bit, at the time of the takeover, but it wasn't well received and I shut the fuck up and hoped. I know a couple of press (national and respected) weren't sure/sold either.

But - really in answer to AV Dave. I am not sure no one gives a shit who next, it is really more that we don't have that much say, so what can we do but hope for better each time it happens!?

I most certainly give a shit who takes over, but I also care deeply this guy goes, I think he's been a fool. I remember doing an article on his pathetic twitter stuff, again, it went down like a sack of doo dah, so I once again thought sod it and shut the fuck up! I tried to get into the spirit. But I've thought him a clown. Walking around the pitch arms aloft like he'd won something made me cringe, even Doug wouldn't have done that.

Randy started brilliantly. First few years he did loads for this club. (It then went very, very wrong I know, so not poles apart on that Wurzel) but when he came in he was perfect and spent a fortune.

Xia? He tweeted. He promised far more than Randy (Randy was bright future proud history, Xia was biggest club in 5 years) and has delivered nothing.

I hope he's never at Villa Park again personally.

He got the club on the cheap as Lerner was getting that desperate to sell.
I remember reading that Xia made a down payment and further installments would follow to Lerner .
From what I can see Xia has put sweet FA into villa in fact quite the opposite funds have gone missing