Toby Alderweireld - Player Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Toby Alderweireld - Player Thread

If they all decide to pen new deals until 2023 and get behind the new manager and his ambitions (including mentoring the youngsters coming through) I will forgive their performances over the last 12 or so months. (Toby excluded from the other three).

People patting Jose on the back ignoring the fact it was him that tapped him up in the first place. Lol.

Glad he's signed. Not convinced we'll still want him starting by 2022 as he's already lost a yard.

People patting Jose on the back ignoring the fact it was him that tapped him up in the first place. Lol.

Glad he's signed. Not convinced we'll still want him starting by 2022 as he's already lost a yard.

So he showed him more love than our old manager?

That, or under Jose the goalposts have moved with regards to the sort of contracts we award to senior players.
Either way its a refreshing change.
If I were Danny Rose I would be checking the brakelines on my Bentley each morning...

It's still a little bit strange because it's a significant loss of earnings over the last two and a half years. And I can't imaging the new contract will compensate for the deficit.

It's still a little bit strange because it's a significant loss of earnings over the last two and a half years. And I can't imaging the new contract will compensate for the deficit.
Two years under Jose.
A few medals in his pocket.
Better cover in front of him means he is not having to run himself into the ground.
Big fat testimonial then off to the USA.

Great news. Still a fantastic centre half and his pace is less of any issue in a Jose setup.

Wonder what this means for other contracts. I know people always talk about Eriksen and Jan, but I think Dier putting pen to paper is equally as important. He's only got 18 months left.

I think we all know CE is gone in January. Very confident in Jan joining his mate with anew deal.
Maybe this is what Levy was talking about when saying we don't need to sign much but money is available for the right player

Great news. Still a fantastic centre half and his pace is less of any issue in a Jose setup.

Wonder what this means for other contracts. I know people always talk about Eriksen and Jan, but I think Dier putting pen to paper is equally as important. He's only got 18 months left.
Can't see him wanting to leave under Jose. Particularly if we get CL this season. He could ask for a buy out clause for when the inevitable fallout happens!

If that's how you want to interpret it... However it was widely reported that Poch got Toby the exact deal he asked for from Levy by making a personal plea, only for his agent to ramp the price up once they came to the table leaving egg on Poch's face. It was a Jose masterclass and no doubt unsettled things between Poch, Levy and Toby to some degree. When Mourinho left United it meant Toby's agent had to start finding suitors abroad but it turns out there's not any clubs who want to give long 200k contracts with big signing on fees to 30+ year olds.