Toby Alderweireld - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Toby Alderweireld - Player Thread

Players like dier need to play in a set position and to stay there. All this shifting about from DM to CB isnt helping him and messing with his game. He is a DM.

Nick Real Deal - 5/9/2017 10:54

Dier is versatile in other positions to a good level. He is also a goal threat. I wouldn't be happy losing him.

Oh, id much prefer to keep him; my point was that, out of all our likely-to-lose players, he's the one we'd most easily replace and turn a profit.

If we lose Toby we will have to sign big. He is IMO the best CB in Europe and certainly in the top 5 CB's in world football.

CCV may become a decent CB back up but he is not a replacement for Toby and never will be. Foyth will be Dier's replacement as EX said.

We have to hope Sanchez hits the ground running and turns into a beast. He certainly has the potential.

This is the most potentially disruptive situation we face. It could really hurt us over the next few weeks and damage the outcome of the season.

Lets hops he is professional about things.

It's a tricky one, but if there's a chance he won't kick a fuss I'd keep him until 2019 and lose him for 25 million. Another 2 seasons will give us enough time to grow or buy a top CB, while keeping our defensive unit.

No chance of Levy going for it though, he'll sell for big money, as would a lot of others.

80deg16minW - 5/9/2017 13:06

This is the most potentially disruptive situation we face. It could really hurt us over the next few weeks and damage the outcome of the season.

Lets hops he is professional about things.

You can absolutely count on it...

he hops all the time.

Spot talent for low money / produce from Academy to create quality first-team players earning relative peanuts, and then sell at great profit when they outgrow us, rinse and repeat is our model. Personally I always thought Alli would be the first to go, but Walker beat him and Rose will be soon. Kane will resist up until he realises to win trohies means leaving - like Hoddle did.

We have to get used to this sort of situation. as long as it is the model and we are not willing and capable of paying what is needed to keep the developed talent.

Nick Real Deal - 5/9/2017 15:30

Delli Finger. Like it. Did Skrtel body check him. I have not seen it close up. ?

from what I recall it was a typical CB body block - his Delli finger seems to be in clear response to Walker giving him the body language equivalent of 'WTF?!' ...and that seemed to imply he thought Delli should have been tougher/done better - which he should have..

embedded video of it here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/dele-alli-swears-video-footage-kyle-walker-referee-england-vs-slovakia-a7930131.html

Spursex - 5/9/2017 15:51

Nick Real Deal - 5/9/2017 15:30

Delli Finger. Like it. Did Skrtel body check him. I have not seen it close up. ?

from what I recall it was a typical CB body block - his Delli finger seems to be in clear response to Walker giving him the body language equivalent of 'WTF?!' ...and that seemed to imply he thought Delli should have been tougher/done better - which he should have..

embedded video of it here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/dele-alli-swears-video-footage-kyle-walker-referee-england-vs-slovakia-a7930131.html

Yup, it seems Walker was having a pop. Like he is perfect. He left Rashford exposed for the goal. Deli was maybe trying to buy a free kick but still not sure.

Taricco the yid - 5/9/2017 17:21

Is toby on 50k a week lol, no wonder he wants to be paid his worth when players like walker are earning over 100k.

The reason he isn't on par with our highest earners is not the club. It was his choice not to sign an extension.

Maybe he's holding out to see if we actually win a damn thing. I still beleive he will be gone next season a long with rose.

100k, plus massive clean sheet bonuses, motm, player of the month/year/decade/century bonuses, goal bonuses, win bonuses, appearance bonuses, loyalty bonuses, anything else we can dream up... Whatever it takes. He's the best in the league and amongst the best in the world. We need to keep him, preferably without breaking the wage structure.

ahx00 - 6/9/2017 10:03

100k, plus massive clean sheet bonuses, motm, player of the month/year/decade/century bonuses, goal bonuses, win bonuses, appearance bonuses, loyalty bonuses, anything else we can dream up... Whatever it takes. He's the best in the league and amongst the best in the world. We need to keep him, preferably without breaking the wage structure.

For the avoidance of doubt the STCC rules were re-adopted for the 2017-2020 period; below shows a link how it has been implemented so far and why even if we wanted to, unless we can find an immeadiate huge increase in commercial revenues in a way that we haven't done before then giving everyone massive pay rises can't be done....

So even if we wanted to we can't ignore it completely even if perhaps we could previously. It was why last years spree of new deals was so critical; they almost certainly reflected what we could pay for the next few years and all together went almost as far as we possibly could - agents and players knew and know this.

Rose's and Toby's agent know this; which is why their public statements are probable machinations before a move .....

The chances are that we won't be able to close that revenue gap until we are in the new stadium or can close out new very large commercial in advance of moving in (which maybe happening)..

We are in effect currently partially caught by the STCC rules and need an uplift in non-media revnues.

see this for an explaination (it's as consise and clear as any I've seen):

http://www.danielgeey.com/premier-league-cost-control-and-sustainability-provisions-published/

Key statement by Scudamore:

Clubs whose total wage bill is more than £52m will only be allowed to increase their salaries by an accumulative £4m per season for each of the next three years (2013-14: £4m, 2014-15: £8m, 2015-16: £12m).

However, that only applies to revenue centrally distributed by the Premier League - essentially TV income - and does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

The 'short-term cost control' measure applies solely to clubs with a player wage bill in excess of £52m in 2013-14, £56m in 2014-15 and £60m in 2015-16.

We would have been better off not signing Sissoko and spreading the wages. Might explain why we were open to sell Sissoko, Jannsen and N'Kou this summer. Try to free up some monies.