Time for a new manager? | Page 82 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

He’s the latest to have his odds reducing because they don’t know.
Portuguese, manager of Benfica B for a whole 7 games. Before that a bit of a journeyman assistant.

Fair play to the BBC saying Henry is just on the shortlist for Monaco and on the same shortlist at us. That sounds like reality. I believe they want Rodgers, but he's too rich.

I've just overtaken Rafa Benitez , M42 southbound up near Twycross Zoo. Read into that what you will, don't shoot the messenger.

Largely agree but if planning and groundwork was done before booting Bruce then by now we should have the new man in place.
The longer it goes then the more it looks like we're unprepared & unprofessional
besides which it's wasteing time which we can ill afford.

Still who knows maybe the dream team of Nadiya from bake-off and Bruno Tonioli will be announced later tonight

I don't think too much groundwork was done before Bruce's sacking tbh. If we'd won the games against Bristol City and Preston with decent performances and followed it up against Millwall he'd still be here now. I don't think we are unprepared and unprofessional. It's the way the media deal with it that makes it look that way to some. The Sun reported earlier today that Faria and Terry were set to be confirmed as the new duo in charge and that Faria had spoken to the players before the Millwall game......then we hear he's not remotely interested.....they're clueless! If we're still no further forward this time next week I'd be concerned but it's only a week since Bruce's sacking. Think it'll be done and dusted before next week to be honest and looking on social media tonight the Dean Smith/ JT bandwagon certainly seems to be gaining some momentum. Expect Smith would want to bring Richard Kelly with him though so will be interesting to see how that pans out! Could be the 2018 version of Little, Gregory and Evans.....now that worked out pretty well!

In all of this speculation just remember that West brom promoted from within and nearly stayed up last season and are doing fine this. In the scheme of things we desperately need the club to abe run properly first then the rest will follow. The best person available will be employed and hopefully galvanise an underperforming squad.

I’m personally bored of the Mail, Sun, Star, Express, Birmingham Mail, Royal Mail, anything with Mail in it and the speculation of our new manager. These things seem much more tightly kept than before and the old hacks haven’t got their sources with the new setup like they used to.

I have to admit I over estimated the quality of managers available, given we’re looking at zero experience to championship at best currently.

Dean Smith it is, I can’t see any other option unless someone comes out of the woodwork who isn’t currently in the running.