Ticketing System Feedback Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Ticketing System Feedback Thread

Fao Russell, please also address the incorrect charging of EB component for Wimbledon tickets mentioned earlier

Eventbrite seems to have gone wrong.

My 2 season ticket seats are still available even though i purchased them through the pre-sales.

Anyone else have this problem.

Also still not received my Everton admin charge refund.

Like the new system but seems to be quite a few errors creeping in on the cup games.

exhertsimp - 30/10/2017 15:23

Fao Russell, please also address the incorrect charging of EB component for Wimbledon tickets mentioned earlier
Don't believe this has yet happened, whereas an EB Email saying a (similar) Colchester overcharge was being rectified. Regarding publishing the charging wrongly is because the 6% addition is being manually inputted rather than system generated and this simple maths is beyond those involved and/or more likely the cut and paste from previous matches is being sloppily edited. But at least there seems to be progress.

Hi Russ
Why is an Eventbrite Admin Charge (£1.73 per ticket for Luton) now being added to the cost of away tickets purchased from the club office?
This wasn’t the case for games earlier
In the season.
What justification is there for this - what are Eventbrite doing to earn money?

Co-op Stand Imp - 17/12/2017 09:22

Hi Russ
Why is an Eventbrite Admin Charge (£1.73 per ticket for Luton) now being added to the cost of away tickets purchased from the club office?
This wasn’t the case for games earlier
In the season.
What justification is there for this - what are Eventbrite doing to earn money?
There is nothing (yet) to suggest you can JUST go to the office and purchase a ticket (unlike Newport). All booking/preliminaries would be via EB and hence the fee, although once again the 6% calculation has been abandoned! Whether the fees are fair/proportional is an entirely different debate and a commercial factor which I believe the new Supporters Board should challenge. In particular upon season ticket renewal there must be no visible EB fee within a total quoted price structure and no difference if just going to the office counter with the details/paperwork/payment.

Ex Herts Imp
For some away games this season, (Crewe, Cheltenham) which either weren’t in danger of selling out or the priority purchase period included a match day, we have just gone to LCFC Club office and purchased tickets without an Eventbrite booking fee.

Co-op Stand Imp - 17/12/2017 11:10

Ex Herts Imp
For some away games this season, (Crewe, Cheltenham) which either weren’t in danger of selling out or the priority purchase period included a match day, we have just gone to LCFC Club office and purchased tickets without an Eventbrite booking fee.
Did you buy a Luton ticket directly from the office and be issued with it ahead of the Accie fixture? If so I would have welcomed this option too !

We have not paid a booking fee for any games, home or away, when purchased in advance at Sincil Bank.
Why would you pay a booking fee when purchasing directly from the Club?

If what Co-op Stand Imp is stating is true, it really is a rip off. We made a stand and did not go to Yeovil because of what Eventbrite stated. For Newport the OS stated early on that tickets will be available on the day and we will be there. We will not go in the away end at Luton if there is a £1.73 booking fee even if you buy the tickets at Sincil Bank. It is not just the extra unnecessary cost, it is the principle. After all you are already making the effort to get down to the ground to make the purchase; to charge you £1.73 on top is taking the wee.

I'm not sure why they'd be an admin fee if you're buying from the ticket office. That has nothing to do with EB if it's a face to face transaction and no need for a middle man i.e. EB?

I have asked the question and will reply as soon as I can (though away for a couple of days...so please bear with me)...

Luke and Co-op Stand Imp; I have the answer to your query.....the admin charge is applied to purchases in the ticket office during the ST priority period. This is because during that period, the sale can only be done via accessing the purchasers details via Eventbrite (and hence the charge). Hope this explains it.

Had my first problem when ordering tickets for Yeovil away. Purchased them on the Sunday before and they turned up the Monday after the game. Probably just a Royal Mail issue. Joanne in our ticket office sorted a refund and I bought tickets at the game and saved money.

Not Ticketing issue but TIcket Office issue .

Working nights this week, late home , bed at 10 am , set alarm for 315pm to go collect , check opening times on Club Website., Latest news announcement shows times from tomorrow, check regular times , all ok ...
Get to club at 4pm to find the Ticket Office locked up. Only later to find something on Twitter feed saying closing today at 330pm .

I saw others arriving trying the door . Not everyone uses Twitter, in fact I was blocked on one account due to comments I made questioning the haphazard last minute changing of dates / times for selling tickets last season. ??.

Could someone please make sure that any changes to opening times are on the Club Website and not just on the Twitter feed.

Over an hour driving to /from the ground in Lincoln traffic ain’t no fun .

:burn:

fuctifino - 20/12/2017 17:24

Not Ticketing issue but TIcket Office issue .

Working nights this week, late home , bed at 10 am , set alarm for 315pm to go collect , check opening times on Club Website., Latest news announcement shows times from tomorrow, check regular times , all ok ...
Get to club at 4pm to find the Ticket Office locked up. Only later to find something on Twitter feed saying closing today at 330pm .

I saw others arriving trying the door . Not everyone uses Twitter, in fact I was blocked on one account due to comments I made questioning the haphazard last minute changing of dates / times for selling tickets last season. ??.

Could someone please make sure that any changes to opening times are on the Club Website and not just on the Twitter feed.

Over an hour driving to /from the ground in Lincoln traffic ain’t no fun .

:burn:

I sympathise with you. It does sometimes work the other way, though. Some years ago my son and I were driving north for the home game, just before Christmas, with Cheltenham Town and as we passed Stamford we heard that the game had been postponed. The problem was, we were also going to collect our tickets for the Boxing Day away game at Boston and it would have been way too late to post them out. We rang the club as we continued our drive to Lincoln and a very kind and helpful guy in the office, who was due at a family wedding that afternoon, said he would wait for us to give us our tickets. He did, we got them and he then flew off in his car to the wedding! He also gave us a programme for the game that didn't happen. Interestingly, unlike many other clubs, a new programme was published for the re-arranged fixture and we were there, obviously, and bought one so I am now the proud owner of two League game programmes Vs Cheltenham for the very same season!

RussC - 20/12/2017 13:02
Luke and Co-op Stand Imp; I have the answer to your query.....the admin charge is applied to purchases in the ticket office during the ST priority period. This is because during that period, the sale can only be done via accessing the purchasers details via Eventbrite (and hence the charge). Hope this explains it.

Thanks for the explanation Russ.

You obviously came too early Co-op Stand Imp. As a consequence you suffer the £1.73 fine; what an embarrassment.

If you can be bothered you may be able to return the tickets, re-purchase and save yourself the fine?