Ticketing System Feedback Thread | Vital Football

Ticketing System Feedback Thread

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
Keen to ensure any feedback, positive or negative, about the new ticketing system, doesn't get lost in other threads. I know a few comments have been made and I'm sure Clive and others are keeping an eye out for feedback on the forums.

So if it's kept all in one place, it'll probably make it easier for those at the Club to read through and take on board for when things are tweaked.

This is a really good idea because it is an effective way for the club to learn about all the little issues and anomalies with the ticketing system. The sooner they know the sooner solutions can be found.

Its worked absolutely fine for me so far. There's a limit to what the club can do to reduce.....err.....how can I put this nicely - human error?

Having said that, we could do without the confusion that surrounded the Wycombe game again, as by the sounds of it that meant a few hundred off the away support.

As a director that was involved in the sourcing and implementation of the ticketing system, I would be pleased to receive any feedback (positive and negative). I don't have any day to day responsibility for the system but will pass on the comments to those that do.

MaineRoad....the confusion over Wycombe ticket availabilty has been brought to my attention by a few others.

Saturday is a big test for the system with both season ticket and on-line sales to be scanned at the turnstiles. Feedback from this re ease, speed etc will be useful.

RussC - 10/8/2017 09:49

Saturday is a big test for the system with both season ticket and on-line sales to be scanned at the turnstiles. Feedback from this re ease, speed etc will be useful.

I probably best not leave the Eagle at ten to 3 then?!

Thanks for the reply Russ.

"As a director that was involved in the sourcing and implementation of the ticketing system, I would be pleased to receive any feedback (positive and negative). I don't have any day to day responsibility for the system but will pass on the comments to those that do."

Thanks for that RussC, much appreciated. Eventbrite is definitely a tried and tested platform across a huge variety of installations so I completely understand choosing that solution (and it allows you to sell tickets to non-football events as well!)

Am I right in thinking it doesn't provide any sort of scoring / voucher / points system for non season ticket holders?

Also have you enabled the facility to transfer tickets to someone else or do you intend to?

Going through it logically, some observations from me, and this is on a PC, so it may differ PC to PC and from an iPad etc. I've also not gone through the whole order process because I've not needed to yet.

1) Now this is incredibly minor, so I apologise for this! Once you've clicked on the event, it takes you through to the first page. On that page, you can see the event, date and time and location. You can also see 'Description' and right under that is a Club logo. Being really pedantic, I'd get rid of that so that you can see some of the 'Description' text straight away on that page. Some people have missed that text (people were asking how long it would take before they could collection but that info was below the logo). I think if the text is visible straight away, people are more likely to scroll down the page. As it is, the vast majority of the information you need is available without scrolling but the odd piece of important info, such as lead time for collection, isn't.

2) When you click on 'Tickets' it should, IMO, take you straight to the Stadium Plan. As it stands, you select the number and type of tickets you require and the system automatically assigns you seats. We saw during the PSF's, and for the Morecambe game by the looks of where tickets have been sold, that people either aren't aware, or don't know how, to move their seats. Going straight to the Stadium Plan and allowing people to select their seats without de-selecting/selecting. Just switching those two steps would be much more user friendly.

3) For away games, it seemed as though there were two types of sales - ST and general sale. During the general sale stage, you were greeted with 'unavailable' when trying to select a ticket. It wasn't until you scrolled down that you saw there were other sales (again, just Adult, Concession, Junior), which you could select. The general sale types could do with being at the top of the list so they're not missed.

Other than that, it seems to work quite well (without actually going through the whole process).

At the moment you can't see the seating plan via mobile platforms such as mobile phones or Ipad. It works fine on pcs and laptops.

The club have appealed to fans to arrive early for the Morecambe game in case of any teething problems - common sense, I think.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2017/august/170810-morecambe-information/

Only small change I'd make is to be able to save the details of other season ticket holders who I buy tickets for on my eventbrite account. Would save us typing out the details of them each time I go to buy tickets.

I am heeding this early warning about early arrival for the morcambe game and have just packed up my campbed so i can be first in queue outside the coop stand, but i`m hearing that the queue has already started this morning!! we love a queue at lincoln as do dc and the players.

we would have dreamed of this problem a few years ago,those old dreamy times when you could arrive late and sit anywhere in the coop to watch tamworth or the like.

RyanY - 10/8/2017 11:54

Only small change I'd make is to be able to save the details of other season ticket holders who I buy tickets for on my eventbrite account. Would save us typing out the details of them each time I go to buy tickets.
Agree with this. Also need to clear up any confusion for newbies between #6???????? ST order number as used for validation/ new purchase and 8???????? membership no printed on card, plus put on email receipt the available date for collection. Ie Exeter buy Weds pm, 3WD = collect Tue

Thanks for all of this chaps;

MaineRoad....Just for this first game, drag yourself out of the Beer Garden 5 mins earlier than usual.....

Sincilbanks....The system does allow us to produce a points/voucher system for both ST and non-ST holders. The data is being collated from the start of this season and a scheme is planned to be introduced later in the year. Re ticket transfer....do you mean the club selling tickets on behalf of ST holders who cannot attend?

Luke Imp...I will pass on those comments to Liam. In general, Eventbrite pride themselves on being user-friendly and so we should be able to correct such "niggles".

Domski... I know there are issues with the stadium plan on mobiles, which I think is being worked on.

RyanY....Will pass this on, it would be useful if that could be incorporated.

exhertsimp....Not sure if this can be incorporated, will ask the question.

Thanks for the feedback so far and I will be very interested in everyone's experience at the turnstiles on Saturday.....

Here's a thought: even though the club has issued season ticket cards in the post this week, it might be a good idea to download the ticket to your mobile from your account on Eventbrite as well, just in case there is a problem with the card. There shouldn't be, but you never know - always better to have a backup in case of a problem with one. It is very easy to do - I am not tech-savvy with iPhones, but even I managed to do it in a few seconds.

Away tickets for Disabled fans: My son qualifies for the disabled concession ( not a wheelchair user), we both have season tickets and had to produce proof of his qualifying to buy the disabled concession season ticket for him.
Yet I cannot order away tickets on Eventbrite for him , I have to attend to ticket office each time to buy away tickets and still have to produce his proof of qualifying each time . I had hoped once that the proof was confirmed initially to buy the season ticket it was somehow linked or a unique 'promotional code' issued for disabled \carers tickets etc.

My question is more related to tomorrow. However, how will it be managed with x amount of supporters prepurchasing tickets on eventbrite for the Stacey West, and now it is also cash on the turnstiles. How will this be managed, to ensure those who have pre-purchased definitely get in if there is a massive influx of pay on the day customers.

JT_LCFC - 11/8/2017 06:04

My question is more related to tomorrow. However, how will it be managed with x amount of supporters prepurchasing tickets on eventbrite for the Stacey West, and now it is also cash on the turnstiles. How will this be managed, to ensure those who have pre-purchased definitely get in if there is a massive influx of pay on the day customers.

Simple, they know how many have been presold, they know how many they can fit in the stand - one minus the other equals how many they can allow to pay on the gate. Once that number is reached (or more likely 90% of that no due to unallocated seating) they will close the gate to cash sales allowing only prepaid tickets in

fuctifino....there is the facility to issue promotional codes, but the problem may be that they are limited to one time use only (to prevent others using). However, I will raise your case and see if there is another solution.

JTLCFC....kickingimp has answered this. Anyone wishing to pay cash, ought to get to the match as early as possible as the number of sales on the day is limited by the number of on-line tickets purchased in advance.