Ticketing System Feedback Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Ticketing System Feedback Thread

Not sure whether others have noticed but there's a new layout when purchasing tickets (well, Exeter is the only one I've looked at).

You can now choose to go directly to the seating plan to choose your seats rather than selecting an area first and the areas are listed much clearer rather than having to scroll.

Looks much tidier on screen.

FAO Russ

Hi Russ
1. With only about 350 Tickets expected for Exeter Away, will the club consider allocating Tickets on Away matches attended during this season? As you said previously, the data is there, you know who has bought the tickets.
2. The small allocation will mean some disappointed people. Will the Club consider doing a beam back? Appreciate it will be on Sky TV.

FAO Russ

Hi Russ
1. With only about 350 Tickets expected for Exeter Away, will the club consider allocating Tickets on Away matches attended during this season? As you said previously, the data is there, you know who has bought the tickets.
2. The small allocation will mean some disappointed people. Will the Club consider doing a beam back? Appreciate it will be on Sky TV.
In the first instance (1 day window) those who went to the corresponding league game??//

Eventbrite has the band-width, security etc to handle a large volume of ticket applications including processing the payment. However unless 'print at home' or tickets that can be scanned from mobile devices etc are available present processes will not cope with a possible Wembley play-off fixture! The time span is insufficient for the "manual" allocation and distribution of tickets that LCFC will then otherwise need to undertake. The Checkatrade Trophy should have made you aware of such logistics not withstanding being unable to choose specific seats. Regardless of any contract with EB are plans in place to solve this, Including if necessary using Ticket Master or other suppliers???

here are some flaws there, if I look on my Eventbrite app it says I've bought 58 tickets this season, which is not bad considering I bought some at the office not through Eventbrite as well ! Of course they weren't all bought for me, but that's what it says !

Eventbrite has the band-width, security etc to handle a large volume of ticket applications including processing the payment. However unless 'print at home' or tickets that can be scanned from mobile devices etc are available present processes will not cope with a possible Wembley play-off fixture! The time span is insufficient for the "manual" allocation and distribution of tickets that LCFC will then otherwise need to undertake. The Checkatrade Trophy should have made you aware of such logistics not withstanding being unable to choose specific seats. Regardless of any contract with EB are plans in place to solve this, Including if necessary using Ticket Master or other suppliers???

I believe last year the NL PO final tickets were handled by Wembley themselves, in consultation with the clubs.

That would then resolve any issues about turnaround. The other possibility is that clubs are issued with tickets beforehand and given ends beforehand and then the clubs that don't get through, merely send them back.

FAO Russ

Hi Russ
There's quite a delay on Sky, I think. 5 seconds or so? You'd be able to celebrate before even seeing the goal!

It took me 3 minutes this morning to order my ticket for the Exeter game. I am not a computer wizz kid. Being a good old boy it cost me just over a pound in fees. 2 years ago I would have had to drive to Lincoln from Nottingham, join the queue and return or try the phone for a day. Thanks Lincoln City and Eventbrite, a pound well spent!!!

It took me 3 minutes this morning to order my ticket for the Exeter game. I am not a computer wizz kid. Being a good old boy it cost me just over a pound in fees. 2 years ago I would have had to drive to Lincoln from Nottingham, join the queue and return or try the phone for a day. Thanks Lincoln City and Eventbrite, a pound well spent!!!

When you put it like that, an extra pound or two to be able to get the tickets relatively easily from anywhere is a small price compared to what it will cost some in petrol and certainly time queuing.

FAO Russ

Hi Russ

That would only work if every away game was all-ticket and had to be bought through Eventbrite, but they were not. A good number have been pay on the day as well - even I have been to a few of those. There will be no record of attendance at those games.

Co-op Stand Imp; Apologies for the delay in reply....bank holiday sunshine took priority! I will pass on the comments to Liam and get back when I have a response.

My personal feeling is that it would be wrong to introduce a "new" way of allocating tickets in mid-season, though I accept the Exeter away game is a special circumstance. I say this because people purchased STs at the beginning of this season in the knowledge that doing so gave them priority for away tickets. If we were to change the rules, then I think that would be a breach of trust. I would stress, that is just my personal feeling.

The beam back is a good idea, and, as I'm sure you all appreciate, the club does consider all commercial and enhancement of fan experience possibilities (sounds a bit corporate, but you know what I mean). There may be issues with licences, permissions etc, but it will be under consideration.

Play-Offs eh.....it's one problem after another.....:wahey:

Thanks Russ, appreciate your reply.
Exeter with 350 Tickets is a special case, but it can’t be right that Season Ticket holders who travel the country week in week out have no more claim to a ticket in a limited allocation than those who go to 0 Away games (extreme example).

I do agree, but we would be changing the rules mid-stream and I'm not sure that is an acceptable thing to do. It is unfortunate that we are playing the club with the lowest away allocation in the division.

Perhaps a degree of natural selection will take place as the game is 200+ miles away on a Thursday night and therefore it will be the most active away supporters that apply for the tickets when they go on sale? Wishful thinking? I hope not too many supporters are disappointed, but clearly demand will be greater than 380 supply.

I do agree, but we would be changing the rules mid-stream and I'm not sure that is an acceptable thing to do. It is unfortunate that we are playing the club with the lowest away allocation in the division.

Perhaps a degree of natural selection will take place as the game is 200+ miles away on a Thursday night and therefore it will be the most active away supporters that apply for the tickets when they go on sale? Wishful thinking? I hope not too many supporters are disappointed, but clearly demand will be greater than 380 supply.

I'll be watching it in the bath before work on the Sky Go. Note to self. Don't wash your hair when the penalties are being taken.