Ticketing System Feedback Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ticketing System Feedback Thread

Hi Russ, again
You’ll have seen comment on Vitals and FB about the Fan problems at Barnet. And not for he first time this season.

We can’t tell other EFL Clubs how to run their ticketing operations, so presume allocated seating is here to stay.

Not such a problem in the old days, there were usually plenty of seats to
choose from. But now we’re successful and selling out.

Would the club consider reinforcing the message that Tickets for xxx game are allocated seating and if you are not prepared to sit in your allocated seat then don’t bother buying a ticket.

It’s clear we’re at risk of losing some of our own fans and goodwill at other clubs due to the behaviour of the minority.

Might or might not help but worth a try?

With reference to Posh game tomorrow:

Have already got me & partner's season tkt seats for the game. 
Trying to see if we can buy a 3rd next to us. 
Does Eventbrite allow u to select a seat when buying on general sale?? 
I've just tried but couldn't see how to do it or if it could be done.

buckielugger - 22/1/2018 10:01

Try desktop / laptop rather than Mobile App.

Co-op Stand Imp.....I'm sure this will be discussed at the club as a priority this week. I will put forward your idea specifically.

With an away following of 2,000, it is impossible for one person to come up with a definitive "this is what happened" as the experience in Block A may have been very different from what happened in Block E. Therefore I cannot comment on any of the "altercations" as I didn't personally witness any.

My own experience on the day was that our seats were occupied (at about 2.55pm) and rather than cause a fuss we found other unoccupied seats (which we were then asked to move from by the ticket holder...quite legitimately) and so we eventually asked the stewards if we could go in the side stand of Imps fans, where there were lots of empty seats.

Personally, I think we all have a lot to learn from Saturday. Perhaps the biggest lesson is that when we travel away, we are all "on the same side" and should respect your fellow supporter. We have to be careful not to create division and use isolated incidents to fuel existing prejudices. Everyone has a different way of enjoying their matchday experience and at home games, this is largely facilitated by different areas of the ground appealing to different sections (Junior Imps, 617, VIP etc). At away venues, we are all together and so all sides need to make allowances. I was in the bar underneath the stand for 2 hours pre game and the atmosphere was great....boisterous but friendly.

It's not an insurmountable problem and I'm sure that we can sort it out as a club (and the term "club" means us all).

Co-op Stand Imp - 22/1/2018 08:47

Hi Russ, again
You’ll have seen comment on Vitals and FB about the Fan problems at Barnet. And not for he first time this season.
We can’t tell other EFL Clubs how to run their ticketing operations, so presume allocated seating is here to stay.
Would the club consider reinforcing the message that Tickets for xxx game are allocated seating and if you are not prepared to sit in your allocated seat then don’t bother buying a ticket.
It’s clear we’re at risk of losing some of our own fans and goodwill at other clubs due to the behaviour of the minority.

Sorry Russ, but I think exactly the opposite.

At Barnet It was so different from the Luton game, which had far more atmosphere yet the fans felt more tightly packed in, everyone stood the whole game, admittedly some in the aisles and plenty had had too many beers, steroids or whatever. Our family left disappointed having lost, but still thinking that we were involved in a really good Lincoln away trip. There was no violence and the stewards had an easy time.

Generally: Away trips are better without allocated seating.

You then get more of a choice to be able to stand/sit with your mates or extended families but also stand/sit away from people you don't want to be near. You have to see it from both sides: if families of four happen to have booked specific seats in the middle of the singing section or amongst large groups of half drunk youths who want more of their mates near them, then no-one wins. Far better to be able to avoid the area to start with, or move away if it develops.

You do not get the problem where there is a large standing area. I do not think there will be a problem at Cambridge because the seating will not be allocated. It is also way better for the home club stewards who then can concentrate on safety rather than facing unnecessary conflict "policing" individual seats.

Generally far more fans, but not all fans, gain from there being unallocated seating; it is certainly easier for stewards and people stay more calm.

I thought there were 'away' SLO's? Surely they're in the away end and can help on these sort of things?

As a season ticket holder ordered presale for Peterborough. nO emailed ticket. Just on my phone. Is it added to my ST plastic card. What do
I show to get in

Impologist - 22/1/2018 10:31

As a season ticket holder ordered presale for Peterborough. nO emailed ticket. Just on my phone. Is it added to my ST plastic card. What do
I show to get in

Likely to just have to get it up on your phone and put the phone in front of the ticket machine.

Oops it is at home, person on the turnstile will tell you.

berksimps - 22/1/2018 10:17

Hi Russ, again

At Barnet It was so different from the Luton game, which had far more atmosphere yet the fans felt more tightly packed in, everyone stood the whole game, admittedly some in the aisles and plenty had had too many beers, steroids or whatever. Our family left disappointed having lost, but still thinking that we were involved in a really good Lincoln away trip. There was no violence and the stewards had an easy time.

You then get more of a choice to be able to stand/sit with your mates or extended families but also stand/sit away from people you don't want to be near. You have to see it from both sides: if families of four happen to have booked specific seats in the middle of the singing section or amongst large groups of half drunk youths who want more of their mates near them, then no-one wins. Far better to be able to avoid the area to start with, or move away if it develops.

You do not get the problem where there is a large standing area. I do not think there will be a problem at Cambridge because the seating will not be allocated. It is also way better for the home club stewards who then can concentrate on safety rather than facing unnecessary conflict "policing" individual seats.

Generally more fans, but not all fans, gain from there being unallocated seating; it is certainly easier for stewards.

Berks Imp - I agree with all of this.

But would what you propose where the the Away End is sold out and tickets are ‘Allocated Seating’?

Co-op Stand Imp - 22/1/2018 10:44

Hi Russ, again

Generally more fans, but not all fans, gain from there being unallocated seating; it is certainly easier for stewards.

But would what you propose where the the Away End is sold out and tickets are ‘Allocated Seating’?

I would not have allocated seating, it relies on perfect scenarios and we are in the real world where not everyone behaves impeccably. Swindon, although providing allocated seats, announced on arrival that we could sit anywhere; other grounds have done likewise.

Wherever possible I believe LCFC should request unallocated seating, if nothing else it is in the interests of the home clubs stewards. At Mansfield there is an opportunity to announce early that it is now unallocated seating. Otherwise I guess you have to suggest the home club double the number of stewards or police, but that seems so unnecessary.

Luton was 100% sold out in the away end, fans and stewards showed some flexibility. Result excepted, we all had a great day.

Basically people should sit where Allocated seats say Simple! However they dont so if you (i) ever have a problem i will simply get a steward who if they dont move for them can get the police.Thats for games with Allocated seating only.

berksimps....I don't think we disagree. I agree that, at away games, there are fewer problems when seating is unallocated (although it doesn't solve certain other issues such as standing and obstructing views of children and older supporters etc when we take up the full allocation). Swindon isn't really a fair comparison as there was plenty of room that evening.

However, the hosts take the decision whether to allocate seating or not and so we have to deal with reality. Clearly we all want to enjoy our matchday experience and will work to find a solution that best achieves that aim.

Lines have also become a little blurred because the incidents at Barnet were not all caused by allocated seating "arguments" and it is important we don't confuse issues. Some were caused by alleged mishandling of a disabled supporter, some were caused by excessive drink and the individual on the pitch at the end was just a one-off incident.

buckielugger - 22/1/2018 10:01

Is it like it has been i.e. on STH's in Co-op Upper and any further tickets bought ad pay on the day in Co-op Lower?

berksimps - 22/1/2018 11:02

Hi Russ, again

I would not have allocated seating, it relies on perfect scenarios and we are in the real world where not everyone behaves impeccably. Swindon, although providing allocated seats, announced on arrival that we could sit anywhere; other grounds have done likewise.

Wherever possible I believe LCFC should request unallocated seating, if nothing else it is in the interests of the home clubs stewards. At Mansfield there is an opportunity to announce early that it is now unallocated seating. Otherwise I guess you have to suggest the home club double the number of stewards or police, but that seems so unnecessary.

Luton was 100% sold out in the away end, fans and stewards showed some flexibility. Result excepted, we all had a great day.
Good luck to the few who turn up late and then have to find a spare seat in amongst 2,000!

RussC - 22/1/2018 11:30

berksimps....I don't think we disagree. I agree that, at away games, there are fewer problems when seating is unallocated (although it doesn't solve certain other issues such as standing and obstructing views of children and older supporters etc when we take up the full allocation). Swindon isn't really a fair comparison as there was plenty of room that evening.

However, the hosts take the decision whether to allocate seating or not and so we have to deal with reality. Clearly we all want to enjoy our matchday experience and will work to find a solution that best achieves that aim.

Lines have also become a little blurred because the incidents at Barnet were not all caused by allocated seating "arguments" and it is important we don't confuse issues. Some were caused by alleged mishandling of a disabled supporter, some were caused by excessive drink and the individual on the pitch at the end was just a one-off incident.

Sorry Russ, I had not seen your original reply when writing my comment. Like you, I realise unallocated seating provides far less problems and conflicts, although it is not always perfect.

Chances are we would have moved if we had found ourselves in your situation but it would have depended how friendly they were. We fully appreciate that groups of people want to be together, just like friends and families do.

Historically fans have often stood at away games even in seated areas, I have no problem with this, children have always stood on the seats, my dad stood well into his 80's whenever he could. (he said it kept him warmer). He was a bit of a one off though, skied till he was 86, virtually never moaned and loved to see others enjoying themselves.

Lastly, it was very disappointing to see the individual come on the pitch at the end, from "your" stand. I hope you did nothing to encourage him, surely not one of your party? :grin:

Not one of my party...and nobody seemed to know who he was.....but I'm sure his Mum loves him.....

Luke Imp - 22/1/2018 11:50

berksimps - 22/1/2018 11:02

Hi Russ, again

Good luck to the few who turn up late and then have to find a spare seat in amongst 2,000!

We were probably in the last 2% to take our seats/standing position at Luton. Sure, they took a bit of finding but that was our fault for being late. It was way better than turning up a few minutes before kick off and finding someone in our allocated seats, who then refused to move.